It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain facing one of the coldest winters in 100 years, experts predict

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
Notice that I put in brackets in my response that it wasn't directed at you, but at those who keep believing the AGW scam.
I don't see any brackets.

Looking just at the temps is not much help at all. There are too many natural facors that can change the climate one way or another. That was my point.
How do you want us to know if the temperature is rising or not without looking at the temperatures?

First we should see if the temperatures are really getting higher or not, then we can start looking at other things (is it a short, medium or long term trend, in "Earth years") and try to find the reason for the change, if its really happening (and I think it is).

Yes, there are many factors that can change the climate, but the only way of knowing if the climate is getting warmer is by looking at the temperatures, right?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Apologies if this has been posted already, but I wanted folk to see it

Chief defends Met Office

Just how much money do these dimwits con out of us every year to make stuff up.

I think its time they were closed down.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
I'm here in the west midlands and the local shop has run out of milk, eggs, meat and bread every single day for the last 5 days! People are stripping the shelves and i just don't get it. I saw a guy buy 16 pints of milk, now seriously unless you drink 2 pints a day this seems utterly stupid. I am sure that most of this will be wasted, eggs thrown out, bread gone stale etc.

Once again the public are mostly stupid, easily panicked individuals.

I'm going to buy more shares in Tesco, Sainsbury's and Morrison.

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join