It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain facing one of the coldest winters in 100 years, experts predict

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
I really don't understand the attitude of some people here.

More snow is coming again!

Yes -16 isn't that much of a deal to all the americans, canadians and what not, but over here we hardly ever get to -5, and all of a sudden here we have -16.

We hardly ever get any snow, a couple of cm maybe once a year.
But all of a sudden we are getting 20cm a day and it keep building up.

We are NOT used to it, the cars dont have snow chains, our cars arent built to drive in snow, the salt and grit supplies are almost all gone.

I think God is trying to send you a clear message.
"Global Warming is a HOAX."
The NEW question in Britain should be "Are you a Global Warming HOAX denier?"

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

The temps for this yr and past are way off..

They had between 40 and 79 degree temps prior to this yr.

Look Here to see what I mean..

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

You may be right, but I don't see where I can look at that data on that site.

Could you provide a more direct link?

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
This is a dumb theory of mine, but I will post it anyway. I think the UK has moved further north. What I mean to say is that there has been a slight tilt of the Earth, which means that we have moved slightly more North. Even on the satellite weather maps-it appears that we have tilted further North.

I know that the UK, where I live, is facing an ice-age, but I had been expecting this and prepared for it. My parents, who flew into the UK, have to leave out on Tuesday (12th Jan 2010) and I am praying that their flight gets out all right, before the worse comes.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by rachel07
This is a dumb theory of mine, but I will post it anyway. I think the UK has moved further north. What I mean to say is that there has been a slight tilt of the Earth, which means that we have moved slightly more North. Even on the satellite weather maps-it appears that we have tilted further North.

I know that the UK, where I live, is facing an ice-age, but I had been expecting this and prepared for it. My parents, who flew into the UK, have to leave out on Tuesday (12th Jan 2010) and I am praying that their flight gets out all right, before the worse comes.

It's not an entierly silly theory. The UK sits upon the eurasian plate and that plate is moving in a north western direction. More west than north, hopefully i remembered that correctly. Even so it would be hard to spot within several hundred years let alone one persons lifetime, so i think you're imagining it a little. Satellite photos have become more and more accurate so maybe that explains it.

The UK is also dipping at the south, slowly sinking into the sea, so don't make any long term investments into property in the south, i mean thousand year investments of course

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
If something is changing the weather now, and it's the coldest it's been in a hundred years, then what made it so cold back then?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

You took the words right out my mouth its true, when we get extreme weather here in the UK the whole country comes to a standstill, a bit of snow lol, I just try to look on the bright side yes its cold but I'm still alive and I always think about those people who live in Siberia, now thats what you call cold

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by korath
If something is changing the weather now, and it's the coldest it's been in a hundred years, then what made it so cold back then?

Obviously there wasn't enough Co2 in the atmosphere

[edit on 7-1-2010 by RMFX1]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Try This

It gives the area all you do is add the date then look below it will have something like..

Temperature
Minimum Temperature

28.0 °F

Mean Temperature

38.3 °F

Maximum Temperature

48.9 °F

That is what you are looking for..

So if you wanna see a date say 09/11/2001 you put that in where the date is there and it should come up with a temp similar or exactly like this below..

Temperature
Minimum Temperature

71.1 °F

Mean Temperature

79.8 °F

Maximum Temperature

87.1 °F

This is supposedly a farmers almanac, I have heard they are good at weather so.. and accurate also for future weather and so on..

I forgot to add this..

You can add anywhere else you want to also just add it where it says Houston, Tx at..
Say:

Pittsburgh, Pa
Salem, Ma
Miami, Fl
Its important to add the , cause then it will tell you it cant find it.

2nd edit..

Originally posted by muse7
reply to post by muse7

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

Originally posted by muse7
But seriously here in Dallas right now it's 15 degrees with wind chill values around 1-5 degrees

Hey Muse, Can you tell me the type of weather you typically have from xmas till about today.. from a 10 yr span.. so from like 2000 to 2010...

Temp wise and snow..

Thanks.

Well these are the coldest temperatures we've had in about 12 years.

The average temperatures here during December - January are about 50's for highs and 40's for lows

I remember I heard the weather man for the NBC station that this winter is one of the coolest on record for Texas.

This is from another post that I specifically asked someone down in Tx about the weather there.. I will try to get them to add thier 2 sense here in a sec..

[edit on 1/8/2010 by ThichHeaded]

[edit on 1/8/2010 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Does that mean that that site only shows the temperatures for the US?

If that's the case then it's useless for what I want, and that is global temperatures.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I am in Essex, UK... we live near the sea and haven't really been hit 'that' hard.

I spent most of my youth in the Czech Republic so am used to harsh winters.. and how to keep your ruddy path clear!! Something most of our neighbours seem incapable of doing...

Anyway people have gone into a panic over news reports that milk and bread are running out and gas levels are low.

The local Tesco express.. a HUGE store ran out of bread and milk yesterday!!

Made me chuckle.. I have a stash of bread flour and organic long life milk at hand anyway, enough to see me for a month.

Seems our power companies can't cope either, we had a power cut the other evening and when I called to notify them of it the guy said "Due to health and Safety regulations we can't send our engineers out until the morning" ... I pity the people down the road with the newborn! Hope they had alternative heating methods...

We went to bed with the wind up torches we have and a nice cup of tea made in the gas kettel! lol

They say the 'big freeze' will last another 2 weeks here....
I'm SO bored of the news only talking about snow and roads!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I know some people have genuinely been hit hard (I'm one of them) but you would think not having a loaf of bread in the house spelled the end of all civilised life. I too have plenty of flour. A dough of self raising flour and water can be rolled out to make a sort of naan bread. If you use plain flour and fry it, it becomes a sort of paratha.
I made a batch of butterbean soup that lasted 3 days... I'm doing some home made dumplings with the meal tonight.

So many people don't know how to be inventive. So many people don't know how to cook. So many people don't know how to 'make do'.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by unicorn1]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

That is called CLIMATE CHANGE, and it is completely NATURAL....but the AGWers have brainwashed a bit too many people into believing their AGW SCAM is Climate Change....

Temperatures are colder pretty much EVERYWHERE, except for the southern hemisphere which they are experiencing summer, and Australia has been dealing with El Nino which caused the extreme warm temps...

NO ONE knows what will happen with the climate next...we can make GUESSES, but GCMs are FLAWED to a fault because they don't account for most natural factors which affect the climate...

Sorry buddy but it has been shown that the AGW scientists were scamming the entire world, yet you still want to believe their claims?.....

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Does that mean that that site only shows the temperatures for the US?

If that's the case then it's useless for what I want, and that is global temperatures.

What exactly do you want to do with the global temps?...

You think global temps are going to dismiss the fact that the main AGW scientists were caught in their web of lies, rigging data, trying to discredit anyone, and everyone who DARED to doubt AGW, etc?....

Here...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9267781d37e1.gif[/atsimg]

data.giss.nasa.gov...

2009 is 4th supposedly for the past 130 years.... Which would mean there were 4 warmest years before it.

But then you have to remember that the heat island effect is not being accounted for, and which is increasing since more roads, expansions of cities etc have been occurring worldwide, not to mention the increase of people which means more buildings, and then you will have to look at the causes for what is occurring, which is NOT CO2.... if it was 2009 would be warmer than previous years no matter what the AGW proponents like to claim....

If CO2 causes the warming claimed by the AGW proponents, then it SHOULD be getting warmer, but it is not, and if you (not saying you particularly but everyone who thinks AGW is still occurring) bother to read what has been found happening to the entire Solar System, and that we have encountered a new region of the LIC that does cause Climate Changes on Earth, and every planet, and moon with atmosphere in the Solar System you should realize at least some of the real causes for Climate Change are.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I thought this was apropriate for this thread, it goes a long way to showing IMO that the models used by the met office and the IPCC are wrong in every way, and we pay for them, have a look;

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I had to a laugh Sky was broadcasting in Lewes high street this morning, and there were 3 council guys with shovels chipping away at the icy pavements, chip chip chip... lol, how long do you reckon it'll take those 3 guys to get up and down the high street (about 1/2 mile each way)

Council workers like buses you never see one for ages then 3 come along all at once.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I'm here in the west midlands and the local shop has run out of milk, eggs, meat and bread every single day for the last 5 days! People are stripping the shelves and i just don't get it. I saw a guy buy 16 pints of milk, now seriously unless you drink 2 pints a day this seems utterly stupid. I am sure that most of this will be wasted, eggs thrown out, bread gone stale etc.

Once again the public are mostly stupid, easily panicked individuals.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
What exactly do you want to do with the global temps?...
Look at them, obviously.

If there is something called "global warming", then I want to see the global temperatures and not the temperatures for an area that represents only 2% of the Earth's surface.

You think global temps are going to dismiss the fact that the main AGW scientists were caught in their web of lies, rigging data, trying to discredit anyone, and everyone who DARED to doubt AGW, etc?....
Things would be much easier if people stopped and really read what other people post. :shk:

I don't care if global warming is man-made, a result of some Earth process, something on the Sun, our galaxy or whatever. You can read all my posts about global warming and, if you find any in which I say it's a result of human activity, point me to it, please.

I just want to see the data that shows that the global temperatures are changing, I am not interested (at least for this discussion) in the origin of that change.

PS: thanks for the graphs and link.

PPS: I don't have any real idea for the reason of this temperature changes.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by neo5842

Nice vid, a star to you for that link.

They haven't gotten several summers, or winters right yet they want to claim they know it is going to be hotter in 2020 or 2050, or even 2100....

I can see that being melatonin....That's exactly the way he is...

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
I don't care if global warming is man-made, a result of some Earth process, something on the Sun, our galaxy or whatever. You can read all my posts about global warming and, if you find any in which I say it's a result of human activity, point me to it, please.

Notice that I put in brackets in my response that it wasn't directed at you, but at those who keep believing the AGW scam.

Looking just at the temps is not much help at all. There are too many natural facors that can change the climate one way or another. That was my point.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join