It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shanksville PA

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Hello All
The reason for this post is simple. I live 6 miles from Shanksville. They have built a memorial on the site were flight 93 went down. It was a big deal around here because the owners of the property did not want to sell it, so for the most part it was taken from them. (surprised LOL )

I don't follow the 9/11 threads so I don't even have a opinion on the subject however, talk of the town here has been f-16s were seen and a missile is what brought down the plane. I was at my family Christmas party this year and my cousin who just got back from Iraq/Afghanistan for the 3rd time was talking about his new metal detector. He bought one that cost him a few thousand bucks. We were talking about going out to the site of the crash with the detector because as hard as that plane hit there should be fragments up to almost a mile. lots of wooded area out there to explore

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by intothelight
Hello All
The reason for this post is simple. I live 6 miles from Shanksville. They have built a memorial on the site were flight 93 went down. It was a big deal around here because the owners of the property did not want to sell it, so for the most part it was taken from them. (surprised LOL )

It was "taken" from them? 9.5 MILLION DOLLARS is "taking it from them?"

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Sounds like a cool venture, if i was in your neck of the woods i'd be begging you to let me tag along. So instead, i'll just ramble off some ideas that occurred to me, that might be of help. Be sure to bring along a couple zip-lock bags and rubber gloves, in the event you find anything noteworthy. You don't want any oils from your hands to contaminate any level of evidence that might still exist on the fragments. Also if you can, bring along a camera, GPS unit and measuring tape... to get a record of long/lat location, depth of fragment in earth and a pic of the terrain... and just in case you are approached by any authorities it would be great to have an audio and/or video of the conversation. ...oh and did i mention a shovel?
...but now that i think of it, you might have to wait until spring, the ground is probably rock solid this time of the year.

If you come across any lucky finds, you might just have the makings of an ATS News article. Best of luck with the hunt.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by The Blind Eye]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ImAPepper

Yeah it is IAP if they didn't want to sell it. If they were told..This is the price and its fair and your selling it to it us...That is taking it from them..isn't it?

Who knows maybe in light of the situation the property is worth 20million(I have no clue, but for sake of argument lets just say), so if the government makes them take 9.5million that's taking it...isn't it?

You just reply..Wait the government gave him 9.5million that's not taking it. Well idk it depends on a whole bunch of other factors that you conveniently left out.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

You may find this previous thread of mine interesting:

Feds to seize land in order to build 9/11 memorial by 2011

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
When I-73 was being planned here in SC, we were offered WAY less than the actual appraised value of our farm land. The state rep, the SCDOT rep, the treasurary rep and a lawyer came out here one day with a check and a stack of papers for us to sign. All unannounced!

After my Attorney was done with them, we got a few hundred thousand dollars MORE than it was worth. Point? If the people's property was worth 20 million and they got less than that, it isn't a fair deal.

Of course if you ain't got no money then it all sounds cushy.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Blind Eye
Sounds like a cool venture, if i was in your neck of the woods i'd be begging you to let me tag along. So instead, i'll just ramble off some ideas that occurred to me, that might be of help. Be sure to bring along a couple zip-lock bags and rubber gloves, in the event you find anything noteworthy. You don't want any oils from your hands to contaminate any level of evidence that might still exist on the fragments. Also if you can, bring along a camera, GPS unit and measuring tape... to get a record of long/lat location, depth of fragment in earth and a pic of the terrain... and just in case you are approached by any authorities it would be great to have an audio and/or video of the conversation. ...oh and did i mention a shovel?
...but now that i think of it, you might have to wait until spring, the ground is probably rock solid this time of the year.

If you come across any lucky finds, you might just have the makings of an ATS News article. Best of luck with the hunt.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by The Blind Eye]

LOL Brother, Not To mention The 4.5 feet of (Global Warming ) SNOW we have here right now and the temp as I type this 4 degrees.This spring we are going to do it and we will do it right. The way that plane hit, there has got to be small fragments in the near by woodlands.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImAPepper

Hello All

It was "taken" from them? 9.5 MILLION DOLLARS is "taking it from them?"

yep, it was taken from them, They DID NOT want to sell the land, not even for 9.5 million.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Hello All

I don't follow the 9/11 threads so I don't even have a opinion on the subject however, talk of the town here has been f-16s were seen and a missile is what brought down the plane. I was at my family Christmas party this year and my cousin who just got back from Iraq/Afghanistan for the 3rd time was talking about his new metal detector. He bought one that cost him a few thousand bucks. We were talking about going out to the site of the crash with the detector because as hard as that plane hit there should be fragments up to almost a mile. lots of wooded area out there to explore

You do what you want, of course, but I think that may make more than a few people very, very, very unhappy. It is a MEMORIAL site. It would be like me going up to Valley Forge National Park and just start digging around. Why don't you find out first if there are any formal search activities and volunteer for them? My undersanding is that the Pa. State Police use to take academy strudents up there on a regular basis to conduct searches as part of their training, I don't know if that is still happening or not.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by hooper

You do what you want, of course, but I think that may make more than a few people very, very, very unhappy. It is a MEMORIAL site. It would be like me going up to Valley Forge National Park and just start digging around.

I have to applaud the heart-string pulling tactic. I'm sure this one was very convincing/moving to those who are easily lead a stray by their emotions.

Contrary to your assumption, for those who question events that don't make sense, I think taking the initiative on such an independent investigation would make a few people very, very, very happy. It is a CRIME site, where a crime was committed and covered up by a corrupt government who has no regard for it's own people... only profits for a select/elite few.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
58 million for a Memorial

15 million to investigate how they ALL died .

IRONY

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

You do what you want, of course, but I think that may make more than a few people very, very, very unhappy. It is a MEMORIAL site. It would be like me going up to Valley Forge National Park and just start digging around. Why don't you find out first if there are any formal search activities and volunteer for them? My undersanding is that the Pa. State Police use to take academy strudents up there on a regular basis to conduct searches as part of their training, I don't know if that is still happening or not.

Add to fact that it is considered a crime scene - anything found has to be
turned over to the FBI to be examined.

At very least will be arrested for tresspassing on government property

Doubt the judge will be much impressed with reason were there was
to prove government conspiracy...

Enjoy your jail time, say hello to Bernie Madoff!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

You do what you want, of course, but I think that may make more than a few people very, very, very unhappy. It is a MEMORIAL site. It would be like me going up to Valley Forge National Park and just start digging around.

I have to applaud the heart-string pulling tactic. I'm sure this one was very convincing/moving to those who are easily lead a stray by their emotions.

Contrary to your assumption, for those who question events that don't make sense, I think taking the initiative on such an independent investigation would make a few people very, very, very happy. It is a CRIME site, where a crime was committed and covered up by a corrupt government who has no regard for it's own people... only profits for a select/elite few.

Or....its a Memorial where some Americans gave, as Linclon said "their last full measure". Your choice.

Oh, and am I missing something logical here? If, as you believe, the place was the site of a hoax, then what is it they expect to find? Or are you going to use the excuse that the didn't find anything to back up your conjecture that it was a hoax?

Just curious. Can't wait to see these guys on the news.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

You may find this previous thread of mine interesting:

Feds to seize land in order to build 9/11 memorial by 2011

Thank you loam, for the link. I visited the website that claims the seizure of the land. It is actually outdated. (not your fault, the thread was created prior to the more recent events):

NPS Agreement With Land Owners

Date: August 31, 2009

National Park Service Signs Agreements with Owners on Land for Flight 93 Memorial

Washington, DC – Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar today announced that the federal government has reached agreement with all of the landowners for all properties needed for the construction of the Flight 93 Memorial in western Pennsylvania.

"The fields of western Pennsylvania, where the heroes of Flight 93 perished, are hallowed ground for a grateful nation," said Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar. "Thanks to the collaborative efforts of the landowners, the Families of Flight 93 and the employees of the National Park Service, we have reached this important milestone in properly honoring the courage and sacrifice of the men and women who gave their lives that day. The Flight 93 Memorial will soon stand in their honor."

In June, at the invitation of Senator Specter, Salazar traveled to Somerset County where they met with the landowners as well as the Families of Flight 93. Following the meetings, Secretary Salazar delayed earlier Park Service plans to condemn the properties in favor of continued negotiations with the landowners. A few weeks later, Salazar traveled back to Somerset County to meet with the landowners again to help further the negotiations.

As a result of these negotiations, the National Park Service (NPS) has signed agreements with the 8 landowners whose land was needed to complete the first phase of the memorial. According to Acting NPS Director Dan Wenk, the NPS was successful in reaching negotiated settlements with 7 of 8 property owners. In January, the eighth property owner Svonavec Incorporated, came to a mutual agreement with the NPS to allow the courts to establish fair compensation for the property. The NPS expects that the U.S. Department of Justice will file the court documents for the Svonavec property within the next two weeks.

"We expect closings on the remaining properties to be complete by mid-October, which allows construction to begin immediately after our groundbreaking in November," Wenk said. "This keeps us on-track to complete the Memorial by September 11, 2011."

www.nps.gov...

I did a little bit of digging on the owners of the land at the impact site. Owner Mike Svonavec has been a wee bit of a thorn in the side since negotiations started. One time he even placed a donation box at the memorial site claiming it was for the memorial. It was actually for him to offset the revenue he had been loosing since 9/11. Family members were not to hapy with him. It's not surprising he was last one to sell his land.

If you're interested, here is a link to the article:

www.pittsburghlive.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

58 million for a Memorial

15 million to investigate how they ALL died .

IRONY

15 million was the money for the 911 Commission. There was a massive investigation prior to the 911 Commission. Here is a break down of some of the numbers:

$600,000 for the ACSE reports on building performance.

$16 million for the investigation in September 2002 from the fiscal year 2002 -NIST.

2005 another $9 million was requested for investigation to provide the technical basis for improving standards, technology, and practices for building construction and for the safety of emergency first responders.)

New York and Washington: the FBI dedicated 7,000 of its 11,000 Special Agents and thousands of FBI support personnel to the PENTTBOM investigation.- no dollar amount, but close to 4 MILLION man hours. By FAR the largest investigation in FBI history.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Actually , I tHink the Clinton (sex act) spent more money.

It is the US were talking about

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImAPepper

15 million was the money for the 911 Commission. There was a massive investigation prior to the 911 Commission. Here is a break down of some of the numbers:

$600,000 for the ACSE reports on building performance.

$16 million for the investigation in September 2002 from the fiscal year 2002 -NIST.

2005 another $9 million was requested for investigation to provide the technical basis for improving standards, technology, and practices for building construction and for the safety of emergency first responders.)

New York and Washington: the FBI dedicated 7,000 of its 11,000 Special Agents and thousands of FBI support personnel to the PENTTBOM investigation.- no dollar amount, but close to 4 MILLION man hours. By FAR the largest investigation in FBI history.

All the money for ACSE and NIST to keep comming up with computer models and reports and still cannot get a proper reason for the towes and buidling 7 collapse.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

Actually , I tHink the Clinton (sex act) spent more money.

It is the US were talking about

Here is an estimate into the Lewinskey scandal... Then lets get back on topic? okay?

Personnel compensation and benefits $1,861,456
Travel costs $949,895
Rent, communications and utilities $356,494
Contractual services $884,110
Supplies and services $82,653
Capital equipment $186,021
Administrative services $73,294
Total $4,393,923

archive.gao.gov...

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Oh, and am I missing something logical here? If, as you believe, the place was the site of a hoax, then what is it they expect to find? Or are you going to use the excuse that the didn't find anything to back up your conjecture that it was a hoax?

There is a clue to what we might find, and it comes from a very reliable source, our former head of the DoD. Clearly stated in his speech to US Troops in Iraq on December 24, 2004.

And I think all of us have a sense if we imagine the kind of world we would face if the people who bombed the mess hall in Mosul, or the people who did the bombing in Spain, or the people who attacked the United States in New York, shot down the plane over Pennsylvania and attacked the Pentagon

source:

(a BIG TY goes out to mikelee for helping me properly link this youtube video)

A crash versus a military strike on a civilian airliner leave behind very different aftermath in evidence, with regard to size/shape of debris and scope in miles such has traveled, from the impact zone. Any fragments that maybe recovered may have tell tale forensic signs of what actually occurred, when you factor in all of the variables in distance traveled, depth at which found, size/shape and any foreign chemical compounds that might be detected on the surface or just below the surface of each fragment, you can definitively rule one hypothesis in or out.

Noting the "friendly" (more like a spook tactic) warning about a potential arrest/confiscation, once you find something, make record of your locale (GPS & photo) and measurements (distance and depth) and get the hell out of dodge with your piece of evidence secured in a ziplock bag... and asap deliver in person to one of the board of directors for the Scholars for 9/11 Truth & Justice, with your contact info... but to be extra safe, make sure you keep a copy of your records/measurements and a sample of the fragment as a back up in a safe place, then write/submit a report for ATS News.

PS: An extra note of caution; start your sweep from the farthest point of all estimates given by the best and brightest of Truthers, then slowly work your way toward the impact zone.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by The Blind Eye]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

There is a clue to what we might find, and it comes from a very reliable source, our former head of the DoD.

A crash versus a military strike on a civilian airliner leave behind very different aftermath in evidence, with regard to size/shape of debris and scope in miles such has traveled, from the impact zone. Any fragments that maybe recovered may have tell tale forensic signs of what actually occurred, when you factor in all of the variables in distance traveled, depth at which found, size/shape and any foreign chemical compounds that might be detected on the surface or just below the surface of each fragment, you can definitively rule one hypothesis in or out.

Noting the "friendly" (more like a spook tactic) warning about a potential arrest/confiscation, once you find something, make record of your locale (GPS & photo) and measurements (distance and depth) and get the hell out of dodge with your piece of evidence secured in a ziplock bag... and asap deliver in person to one of the board of directors for the Scholars for 9/11 Truth & Justice, with your contact info... but to be extra safe, make sure you keep a copy of your records/measurements and a sample of the fragment as a back up in a safe place, then write/submit a report for ATS News.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by The Blind Eye]

Then hire a good lawyer, because you and everyone you dealt with is going to the big house.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join