It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush and the Military audience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The speech is just starting and I immediatly noticed he is delivering it in front of a military audience. I guess I noticed this because they will be supporting him and very loudly at that.

Why won't he ever speak in front of a non-military, non republican group? Is he afraid of heckling?

I ask this because I feel he has not done a good job connecting with Americans, regular tax payers. The military is typically very pro-whoever is president, he is after all their commander in chief.

Wish he would do one of these "several" speeches at a non-secular university or at a rally. Would be nice to see what his response would be.

[Edited on 5/24/2004 by nativeokie]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
He just spoke to a graduating class at LSU a couple days ago.

It was totally non serious, non-military, all jokes...heck, it wasn't even remotely Presidential.

Stuff like Listen to your Mom laced with jokes about how even the C students that spend all their time in bars can still make something of themselves like him.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Maybe, just maybe, Bush is planing a coup' 'de 'tat for the leading seat of the USA?? Just a thought...

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
And maybe just maybe he is afraid of the military turning against him.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
The Bush family & particulary this administration, has always been fascist. Why expect anything different?
If you were as "great" an orator as Bush, wouldn't you want your audience completely dependent on your good graces for their continued careers?

I'm just amazed that him Cheney & Ashcroft haven't started wearing custom tailored uniforms yest as a "sign of unity with our armed forces".

[Edited on 25-5-2004 by Bout Time]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Wir werden durch unser Milit�r stehen. Wir m�ssen unsere Feinde zerst�ren. Dann m�ssen wir alle Juden zusammen sammeln und m�ssen die endg�ltige L�sung beenden.

Read between the lines! I typed this in bad German to illustrate a point. Bush is a fascist! Why would he preach to anyone but his choir of True Believers?!

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Hello? Bush speaks before mainly military audiences because they almost have to support him. That's a no-brainer.

The loudest applause he got during the speech had nothing to do with him at all. It was in support of the men and women serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.

His military isn't nearly as supportive as you all seem to think. As scottsquared said, READ BETWEEN THE LINES! Our military leaders cannot stand Bush.

He's skating on some very thin ice.

How many of you know the CIA/military connection to LSU? When I traveled to the Baton Rouge campus to look around and possibly go to school there, to study political science, I had no idea.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Hello? Bush speaks before mainly military audiences because they almost have to support him. That's a no-brainer.

What the hell are you talking about? They don't have to support him, they have the same right to vote him out of office as everyone else.

They are prevented from speaking out against him by the UCMJ, something you apparently forgot about. They also have to follow all of his legal orders.

You act as if the military is a guaranteed vote for the President.

As far as the troops there, if it was anything like when I saw him it was a voluntary thing to do. No one was forced to see him speak, yet they still had to turn people away.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Well, Coolhand, when I was in the military, it was actually pretty GOP solid. Of course there were some Democrats. Most of those folks were either not white or from liberal northern/northwestern states.

I don't recall many people talking about their politics, though. I liked that. Being a soldier requires you to be above the partisanship.

I was so glad to have gotten out before Clinton was sworn in. I often thought I'd take a court-martial before I'd salute that jacka$$.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Senator Clinton and Graham on Fox News Sunday said it best.

We're not going to win this war if we focus on what divides us. We need to focus on what brings us together. And one thing brings us together: The men and women who serve us are not Republicans or Democrats, they're Americans.

new topics

top topics

join