It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3000 years ago the 10 commandments were written on a rock in New Mexico

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
These inscriptions looks rather new to me, certainly not ancient. How did they come up with it being 3000 years old, what method of dating was used? As we know, carbon dating does not work on stone. It is actually very hard to date stones, specially inscriptions written upon them.

The "MTM" text right above it even looks older.

-Maggador

[edit on 4-1-2010 by IX-777]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by DaddyBare
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Despite the claims of high antiquity, there are features of the text (such as the mixing of letter forms between two separate alphabets) that are much more likely to derive from the work of a modern forger than from an ancient Hebrew or Samaritan scribe.

...But the original poster is better versed in Scripture than in the pre-history of North America so I would rather that he recognize the tools required to substantiate his theory than to simply issue an academic smackdown...

Right, Johhny --

The information in the OP says that the inscription had been known about for 140+ years before anyone in the modern world knew the language used on the inscription.

IF that information can be confirmed (and that's a really, really big "if"), then that may mean that somehow a person who could write in that language made that inscription prior to 1850 -- and it seems like the last people prior to 1850 who could write in that language were from 900 to 800 B.C.E.

If the dates of the New Mexico carving is correct then there are a few possibilities:
  1. It's possible that the Tel Dan Stele (the carving discovered in Isreal in 1994) is not really from 900 to 800 B.C.E. -- there is still some dispute surrounding the age of Tel Dan Stele.

2. I suppose it's possible that some Hebrew scholar in 1850 New Mexico had the ability to write in that ancient language before that language was "rediscovered" in 1994.

Just because scholars today say that the writing style on the Tel Dan Stele had been unknown until it was discovered in 1994 does not mean that some 19th-century Hebrews sect "outside the knowledge of today's scholars" did not still use that writing style.

3. It could also be possible that Hebrews somehow made it to the new world around 900 B.C.E.

[edit on 1/5/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

www.badarchaeology.net... Despite the claims of high antiquity, there are features of the text (such as the mixing of letter forms between two separate alphabets) that are much more likely to derive from the work of a modern forger than from an ancient Hebrew or Samaritan scribe. The evidence for its origin is poor, but a comparison with the Bat Creek Stone suggests that it was a Mormon forgery. The ‘Mormon Battalion’, which was part of the US Army during the Mexican War, is known to have marched from Santa Fe down the Rio Grande Valley, passing close by, and it is possible that this is the date of the inscription.

That's very true, but there's even more evidence that it's a modern Christian forgery and not an ancient script.

The Hebrews (Jews) had the book of Genesis, but they don't hold "the ten commandments" in any particular esteem. They're sort of "ten types of laws"... they have around 600 laws that are found in the Bible that they regard as sacred. The ten listed are just divisions of the 600 laws.

So if the HEBREWS were going to make an inscription, the last thing they'd carve is only the headings of groups of laws. They'd instead carve one of their prayers or something like "Remember, O Israel, that I am thy God" or "Place thy hand over me and set my enemies far from me" www.jhom.com...

The ten commandments are ONLY important to Christians and their subsects and offshoot sects. I'm not sure how the Muslims feel about them, but the Christians are the only ones who find them of extraordinary importance.

And yes, the inscription patina is new... I'd say within the past 100 years.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Funny thing "faith"......those who "seek" God can see his work everywhere. In a carved rock in NM or in how chaos theory declares that even a fern leaf has a specific pattern and design.

Chaos theory is an area of inquiry in mathematics, physics, and philosophy studying the behavior of dynamical systems that are highly sensitive to initial conditions. This sensitivity is popularly referred to as the butterfly effect. Small differences in initial conditions (such as those due to rounding errors in numerical computation) yield widely diverging outcomes for chaotic systems, rendering long-term prediction impossible in general.[1] This happens even though these systems are deterministic, meaning that their future dynamics are fully determined by their initial conditions, with no random elements involved. In other words, the deterministic nature of these systems does not make them predictable. This behavior is known as deterministic chaos, or simply chaos.

en.wikipedia.org...

Please note the phrase "with no random elements involved".....this denotes a specific designer....hence "God".

Yet many will scoff at this "fact"......these same scoffers often have faith in "global warming" despite any actual scientific facts to support their religion.

God is found where you seek him. Random chance for those who abandon him.....yet in the smallest details such as chaos theory.....there he is looking back as you......even if you are too blind to see him.....

The fact that this stone in NM is not 'certified" actually gives more validity to it in my mind. The RCC is a pagan folly.....RCC certification is usually a sign of deception.....

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
The fact that this stone in NM is not 'certified" actually gives more validity to it in my mind. The RCC is a pagan folly.....RCC certification is usually a sign of deception.....

Whatever floats your boat. We do say "Deny Ignorance", and everyone is trying to let you down easy.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Whatever floats your boat. We do say "Deny Ignorance", and everyone is trying to let you down easy.

Right so the virgin mary in a grilled cheese sandwich has "weight", or in an office building pane of glass.....on a sidewalk.....

My favorite is the "cheeto" virgin.......

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Right so the virgin mary in a grilled cheese sandwich has "weight", or in an office building pane of glass.....on a sidewalk.....

My favorite is the "cheeto" virgin.......

Please clarify...what is RCC? (Roman Catholic Church?), and what are you trying to tell us?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by watcher73
Wow looks like it was carved yesterday.

They probably used an unknown ancient super technology that keeps the inscriptions fresh...right over the moss.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
If this stone is genuine then the Gods brought some of the primitives here to practice. They simply didn't just make their way all the way here just to leave this rock behind and nothing else. You can find graffiti and trash among most of the indian ruins in the Southwest. There are also many "coyotes" that roam the land. (illegal immigrants). Some one seems to be using the word of God to instill fear into the masses. How easy is it to smuggle a rock carving out into the desert? Campers, CIA, FEDS, DEA, Jews, Christians, Muslims, gangs, etc any one of these groups can be responsible for creating attention or diverting attention.

And really saying that this is God's doing is an insult to modern times. I think many of us are waking up from this imprisonment. The youthful generations no longer see it that way and I tend to agree. Just stop it already. The only reason so is because you make it so. You fulfill the conspiracy.

There is one other possible explanation if it does happen to be authentic and that is it's far older than you can possibly imagine. As the pyramids in Bosnia - the rocks that these so called star maps were found are said to be 1.5 millions years old. This could play out to be one of those relics that are so old that the earth could of been much smaller at the time which means that the land was joined together closer . . . . . the oceans were not as big before the world grew to as big as it is today. Every time there is a hurrican, volcano eruption or earthquake the earth is growing.

. . . . . You'll know it when you get there.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Actually the "lost tribe" issue is silly since america was founded by the lost tribes. Northern europe is where the so called lost tribes went. The as God promised he gathered them into a land of milk and honey as they sought to find him. The "mayflower" fokes fullfiled the covenant and God blessed this land and placed his people here......

Helios, can I quote you on that? Is it verified that the lost tribes went to northern Europe only? This subject is of the utmost importance to me so I want an honest and clear answer. Is there ANY chance any of these lost tribes lost its way and ended up, say, more to the southeast?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I guess it's hopeless trying to introduce actual historical events and chronology in a crowd that wants to believe in religious fantasies.

With archeology, comparative texts from the Middle East going back thousands of years - we know much more about the actual historicity of the Old Testament stories.

Sorry folks, no King Solomon, no Moses, no Egyptian Exodus. Israel was divided into two parts but were never were divide as those 12 legendary tribes with 10 of them lost.

A lot of primitive cultures mostly in Africa have tried to claim they are descendants of these legendary lost tribes. Absolutely nothing in records, artifacts, DNA testing ever bears out any of these claims.

Recommend reading up on actual ancient history and leaving the biblical fantasy notions to kids and religious fundamentalists.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by mmiichael]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

How in the heck does a tribe even get lost? Booze? Peyote? Stopped at the wrong gas station to ask for directions?

"I am telling you honey, I know where I am going the Oasis is just right up here around the bend!"..."No dear, we don't need to stop and ask someone!"

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

How in the heck does a tribe even get lost? Booze? Peyote? Stopped at the wrong gas station to ask for directions?

"I am telling you honey, I know where I am going the Oasis is just right up here around the bend!"..."No dear, we don't need to stop and ask someone!

It might of have been a tricky double indemnity clause in a group policy insurance. 10 times the regular payout for any tribes lost or stolen as a result of accident, theft, war, Act of God.

Pictures of the missing tribes were on milk cartons for centuries. Unconfirmed reports of sightings in Scotland.

M

[edit on 17-1-2010 by mmiichael]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Who knows, maybe the horned one tampered with the evidence. Isn't this evidence enough?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join