It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3000 years ago the 10 commandments were written on a rock in New Mexico

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Jump on this mods
Hoax hoax oax ax x

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by '___'omino
Jump on this mods
Hoax hoax oax ax x

I respectfully disagree...while the petroglyph or whatever may be hoaxed, the thread is not and the discussion is valid. Only one of many examples of the same...and the jury is still out on some!

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by '___'omino
Jump on this mods
Hoax hoax oax ax x

I respectfully disagree...while the petroglyph or whatever may be hoaxed, the thread is not and the discussion is valid. Only one of many examples of the same...and the jury is still out on some!

Your right I'm sorry I posted that
econ.ohio-state.edu...

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by '___'omino

even as a hoax... if as suspected that inscription rock was made by Mormons during the Mexican–American War 1846 to 1848 than at least in that context it holds significant historical value...

that war lead to the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, cession that the treaty facilitated included parts of the modern-day U.S. states of Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, and Wyoming, as well as the whole of California, Nevada, and Utah, and, depending on one's point of view, Texas. The remaining parts of what are today the states of Arizona and New Mexico were later peacefully ceded under the 1853 Gadsden Purchase, in which the United States paid an additional $10,000,000.... why the western states are states today... yup in that context were talking significant historical value...

[edit on 2-1-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
its a hoax. anyone who has seen rock carvings this old can tell this is forgery.

it has nothing in the grooves, no dirt, no clay, no ash, nothing because its new.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
i've seen this rock

it looks clean, in the inscription, because many people have rubbed chalk into the lines over the years.

that rock is VERY HARD.

here it is, at google maps

Turn Right at the Burning Bush

from ancient-hebrew.org:

The above inscription cannot be a fake for the following reasons. The actual time of discovery of the inscription is not known but was known by the locals as far back as the 1850's. At that time, the script of the text was unknown and therefore undecipherable. It was not until this last century that the ancient Hebrew (paleo-Hebrew) script was discovered in the Near East. Once this ancient script was discovered the Los Lunas inscription could be deciphered and was found to be a copy of the "Ten Commandments".

and from unexplainedmysteriesoftheworld.com

This very large stone actually has the Ten Commandments inscribed on it in ancient paleo-Hebrew script with a few letters of ancient Greek mixed in.

Paleo-Hebrew (which the Phoenecians also used) is a language that nobody in the world speaks anymore. It is substantially different from the modern Hebrew that the Jewish world uses today.

So where in the world did these Ten Commandments written in paleo-Hebrew come from?

Back in 1996, Professor James D. Tabor of the University of North Carolina-Charlotte was able to interview Professor Frank Hibben about the Los Lunas Decalogue Stone. Hibben, who passed away in 2002, was a retired University of New Mexico archaeologist. According to Tabor's account, Hibben was absolutely "convinced that the inscription is ancient and thus authentic. He reports that he first saw the text in 1933. At the time it was covered with lichen and patination and was hardly visible. He was taken to the site by a guide who had seen it as a boy, back in the 1880s."

there are *ordinary* petroglyphs all over that mountain, as well, and some other oddities.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Yeah. That is a beautiful collection of high-level data.
Holy Crap.
Are you kidding me?
I am going to go to war against the whole lot of you screw balls.

And, if this site is backing this kind of garbage, I will go against them as well.

ATS members... Please believe, and see, that information and people like this are specifically trying to empty you out, and make you weak.

Hold on, just a little bit longer...

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Hmmm... this part bothers me ...

The above inscription cannot be a fake for the following reasons. The actual time of discovery of the inscription is not known but was known by the locals as far back as the 1850's. At that time, the script of the text was unknown and therefore undecipherable. It was not until this last century that the ancient Hebrew (paleo-Hebrew) script was discovered in the Near East. Once this ancient script was discovered the Los Lunas inscription could be deciphered and was found to be a copy of the "Ten Commandments".

Ok, so nobody can prove when it was carved, and that means it "cannot be a fake"? WTF?. If it was discovered in the 1850's, when is the earliest photo of it? or an old newspaper article documenting that event? Of course, even it it was carved in the 1850's, I'm not sure that completely rules out a fraud.

[edit on 2010-1-3 by EnhancedInterrogator]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

And living in the real world....

Here's the big secret. The lost tribes, God and all the nonsense in the Bible is (and I quote) not real

The Romans brought Christianity to Europe - we were all previously Pagan.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by watcher73
Wow looks like it was carved yesterday.

That's right! Because it prob. IS carved 'yesterday'.

The idea of the Hebrew Religion is NOT of the 21st Century anymore nor any other religion. They create nothing more then hate and war between groups of people.

This stone carving is prob. done somweher in the last 50 yrs and the reason why we will never know.

WAKE UP!!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

God is letting America know its origins, oh brother

America was built on the blood of the natives and on the backs of slaves, the only thing religion did was give the prejudiced Europeans carte blanche to do as they pleased on land that wasn't theirs.

This is more likely evidence that America was discovered long before Columbus and even before the Vikings. There is the chance that its a hoax but I'm not so sure.

There is plenty of evidence that the world was once interconnected, that there was a global community before our current modern civilization and somehow the knowledge of these connections was lost. This is why there are so many legends of out of place peoples and tribes, tribes of giants or tales of pale skinned people where none should be living. Caucasian remains turning up far from Europe. This sort of stuff points to an ancient world that was far more connected and in which people on a journey were willing to go the extra miles for exploration.

That's all folklore and myth of course... I suppose it could be totally made up and this rock could have been carved recently. Honestly I don't know what to believe on this one.

Interesting to say the least, thanks for posting this.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
you guys are letting the presumptions of what this rock might mean, if it means anything at all, derail you

forget all about the Jewish discovery of America or whatever and just think about the oddness of the rock

even if it is a fake, who would do it?
if they wanted to prove something about the God of the Hebrews, or whatever, why wouldn't they have done it in a more obvious and better-known form of the language?

[edit on 1/3/2010 by queenannie38]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
even if it is a fake, who would do it?
if they wanted to prove something about the God of the Hebrews, or whatever, why wouldn't they have done it in a more obvious and better-known form of the language?

As has been mentioned on this thread...it could be used as 'evidence' to disenfranchise the Aboriginal People...and/or bolster the Mormon Church...lots of motives, and lots of other frauds out there.

With a tantalising few that could be for real...

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Has anyone seen "The Invention Of Lying"?

This movie shows just how ridiculous religion in general is. It was probably just made up a long time ago by some person who wanted to take advantage.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Sorry, No.

This is known as the Decalogue Stone.

Information here.

500 to 2000 years would not be an unreasonable estimate of its age.

Some pictures my friend took of the site can be seen here.

The most important thing to remember about he Decalogue Stone is that it still has not been certified to be legitimate.

I think, based on what I have herd about the stone around here, your information is flawed.

Enjoy

[edit on 3-1-2010 by Animal]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
its a hoax. anyone who has seen rock carvings this old can tell this is forgery.

it has nothing in the grooves, no dirt, no clay, no ash, nothing because its new.

Whoa there... I'm inherently skeptical, but what you said is as bad as the worst hoaxes. "Anyone" can tell? Really? Nice of you to teach us that, eh?
I guess since you've made your grand, final analysis of this, we can put it to bed, then? Cool. Glad you showed up and set it all straight. Nice police work there, Lou.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I know I am a few days late on this discussion but I could easily duplicate the writing with an engraver. The vague rock wall art though is a little different.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
If you compare this map of the morman march to the location of the stone you will see they marched right over this area.

Morman March Map

Use Google map
Stones location 34.785823,-106.997738

Ojo De Vaca Cemetery 35.410843,-105.791688 is a good location you can find on the Morman March Map and google map to get a starting point.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
That is really interesting JBA2848. I never put anything like Mormon migration into my conclusion. To be honest it looks like it was carved recently but I will definitely examine it closer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join