It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Declares Debate Challenge Against Ben Stein

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

So for those that don't know, RP is challenging Ben Stein to a debate, a scholarly one, where there is a good moderator and they discuss foreign policy.

This is in response basically to ben stein the idiot calling Ron Paul an anti-semite because he said "They attack us because we are over there"

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Ha, this would make for good television, and we all know who would likely win.

Now, if they could make this a WWF no rules cage match it would do even better.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
who i dont know, i think ron paul would have his hands full with ole ben stein.. the guy is a walkin breathing textbook. i would watch this..

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This is a great idea.
Why not have an intelligent debate between these two guys.
It would make for good entertainment.
Everybody watching could learn the participants view points in detail.
I'll bet the ratings would br through the roof.
They could make it into a once or twice a week show with differnt topics and participants each week.
It might even become the next "American Idol".
Who could they get to sponsor it? Hallmark, Microsoft,GE maybe Monsanto.
What would you name it?
How about "So You Think You Know Your Candidate?"
Naah too long,
just call it "Busted" , as in your ideas have been busted you crazy hypocrite.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I also agree that the debate wouldn't have a clear favorite.

I used to love to watch Ben Stein own everyone on his game show. I never ever saw one person beat him in that trivia game.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

I'll put my money on common sense defeating a "walking textbook" in a debate between these two.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Agreed!
I'll take Ron Paul on this one.
Being a walking textbook means you are good at repeating
vague accounts of history.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
And anyone with half a brain knows "textbooks" are filled with lies and propaganda.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Excellent counter move on RP's part. Spreading public awareness about what is really going on is the automatic "win" of such an event. As for who "wins" the debate, such public forums are very speculative/subjective... and really have more to do with ego stroking of one side or the other. With that said, i think BS's motives are in line with the later, versus RP's intentions are to the prior with perhaps a desire to set the record straight on his platform.

As for BS's photographic memory of facts and disinfo passing as intelligence, not a chance in the face of true compassion and understanding of the reality of our world. In short, RP is the man, on a higher road; I'm crossing my fingers that BS will accept the invitation... to be schooled.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by The Blind Eye]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

That's pretty cool. I have a lot of respect for both Ben Stein and Ron Paul. That will be quite the enjoyable debate.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Ben Stein is a clueless tool. He was saying the economy was robust, even as it was crumbling around him.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Ben Stein is not a fool though, he's pretty sharp. I think however he is biased towards a certain neoconservative economic outlook and can't see the reality around him. Ron Paul has a far better grasp of the real situation that's wrong with America and it's economy. I'd love to see them debate. I can imagine Ben breaking out in a Nixon-like flop sweat!

new topics

top topics

join