It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright orange ball over Somerset UK *Photos*

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by druid1

exactly what i seen, it could of been a lantern, but i dont know what you think but it seemed way too big and bright to be a lantern, and i have seen lanterns before, this seemed alot bigger and brighter, i dont know what it was

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I live in Leeds and Chinese Lanterns seem to be very popular this year, my family saw one floating around new years eve night just above our house. Thinking it was a UFO I started to ask questions, what did it look like, was it making any sound, what direction did it fly in........ and so forth.

They told me there was like a flame coming from the bottom of it, just like the lantern in the picture (2nd Post) also I some friends who live close by told me they has seen quiet a few Chinese lanterns floating around.

I think people have clicked on these things look like UFO and setting them off, others are following traditions.

9/10 any orange orb is a Chines Lantern.

I remember the days when UFO's had bright lights, these days seems like our Alien buddies are using candles to navigate earth.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Quite a few times when I was out with friends we thought we was seeing something different (UFO) but it always seems to be these damn Chinese lanterns I live in Doncaster so not far away from Leeds aswell Btw.

It’s easy to understand why they get confused with UFO's though because of the way they move around and the way the look etc. etc. but it’s just a shame that every time I see something in the sky that’s unusual every time it’s been one of these.

Not saying that’s what the OP saw but IMO it’s the likeliest especially taking into account the time of year aswell these things are bound to show up everywhere.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I did see some Orange orbs floating near my area a few weeks back also, there were 3 orbs floating in a pyramid shape. This made me think, if these were Chinese lanterns then how could they fly in formation like that, I mean what are the chances of the wind grouping them up like that "It must be a UFO"

Then thinking about it from a realist point of view I came up with the fact that they were probably stuck together with something to keep them in pyramid formation.

If I see any more I will get a picture of them.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by IamNow]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
My wife and I saw about 5 UFOs over Joplin, MO. USA. New Years eve, they were orange and amber in color and they pulsated/flickered but had a white/red flashing light in the center. They made no sound and traveled across the sky at different speeds.
They appeared out of nowhere at high rate of speed and then slowed down to like a smooth sail. Was weird. I thought they were lanterns but they were the size of a Helicopter that passes over my house almost daily.

I got a picture but i was shivering from the cold.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
i bet the sell of chinese lanters have gone up 10 fold recently....

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I went out with a few mates tonight and i saw around 5 - 6 chinese lanterns overall. i havent seen any in formation like you though but i saw a few of them pretty close together.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Well I have been trying to tell my family maybe they were Chinese Lanterns but they are not buying it. They said this thing looked like some sort of shuttle (Had like a flame behind it) apparently it came to a complete stop over some flats near our house then shot off really fast behind our house and out of view. So maybe it wasn't Chines Lanterns.

My father is very Sceptical about UFO's so for him to say in his own words "I have seen a UFO" sound pretty strange to me.

Seems a hell of a lot of people in the UK are seeing these orange orbs, I believe some maybe Chinese Lanterns, and some may be something else.

Some people I know in Birmingham also saw the same Pyramid shape orbs as I did so whatever these things are they are getting noticed by many people.

Keep ya eyes open and a decent camera at hand folks
it would be nice to find out what these orbs are, even if it does turn out to be lanterns.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by IamNow]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
that is exactly what i just saw 5 mins ago - im in north edinburgh - there were 4 of them - appearing about 1 min apart (only roughly i didnt actually time it lol) they just seemed to appear outta know were, zig zagged across the sky and then went upwards seeming to disappear, and seemed to be traveling pretty fast.

i did take a pic on my phn but it was blurry as hell tbh and not worth posting it, mayb lanterns i really have no idea but it freaked me out :s lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join