It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada approves PetroChina takeover of Athabasca

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Canada approves PetroChina takeover of Athabasca

www.nationalpost.com

The Minister of Industry is giving the go ahead to one of China's biggest forays into Canada's natural resource sector, PetroChina International Investment Company Ltd.'s $1.9-billion investment in properties owned by Athabasca Oil Sands Corp.

In a statement late Tuesday, Tony Clement said he approved the deal to purchase a majority stake in the MacKay and Dover Oil Sands projects "because I am satisfied that the investment is likely to be of net benefit to Canada."

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nationalpost.com

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I can't understand my fear and uneasiness of China taking over part of our resources;next is the water... good job.
As a Canadian citizen and in service for the country I find it incredible that deals are made for money exchange and then there goes the resources then what else goes in the hidden not yet known agenda.
In the limited resources we have we must start being isolationists or at least this is what I sense. Yes, its a global community but I sure don't want to think that our government is selling the people of Canada short.

www.nationalpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I agree, if indeed "Peak Oil" has passed then we should be safeguarding our future resource needs and screw the rest of the world. When they run out of oil that's their problem. We don't want to squander our resources like the Saudis did.

join