It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Should Ask Chinese to send troop into Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I feel a little uncomfortable that our soldiers fighting in Iraq and other nations standing away and doing nothing. For example China is the second largest oil buyer in the world, but they didn't send any man to help US to secure the oil supply. Should we tap into China's huge army for the security of this planet? No doubt it will be an excellent help if Chinese land army can be in Iraq. Their ability has been tested in Korean war, and later in the battle taking Dien Bien Phu.

I read in Business Week a few weeks ago that Kerry is proposing to ask for military help from France, Russia and China. I think it is the correct way to solve Iraqii problem.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
my question to you is do you think france, russia or china would help if asked? I think not...they are all opposed to our occupation of Iraq.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
how about we cut the oil supply. That will be hit to China especially.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The U.S. started this by harping up on the U.N. sanctions. Why should any other country help clean up the mess the U.S. made of Iraq?

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
The U.S. started this by harping up on the U.N. sanctions. Why should any other country help clean up the mess the U.S. made of Iraq?

We definitely can change our opinion on how Iraq is going to be rebuilt. And there are tons of reasons that other countries want to join in. China is very like US, indeed, in their thinking of international relationship. At least the two countries are common in globalization. US need markets for our capitals, China need market for their products. I think there is a good chance that China will be persuaded.

China is no longer the China ten years ago. Now Chinese is seeking oppertunities to show their influence, such as in N Korean Nuke talk. We just need let them know that it is based on our common interests. A fluctuation of oil supply is not good for all, especially for China, since they have no oil inside their border.

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by utahtrout]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This thread is a double post and with the mod merge function not working, I am directing all comments to this to this thread:
Should We Ask Chinese to send troop into Iraq

Thread Closed

seekerof

top topics

join