It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beginner souls and Advanced souls

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
LOL!

It sure would be nice to not get yanked around by our ego's, but I am in the same club as you.

The purpose of it all." shrugs shoulders" "Shakes Head"

My Ego hid the user manual to life while I was getting my first diaper change.

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by Realtruth
I think a statement like this would also be the Ego speaking, because we can not confirm or deny a "fact of incarnation on earth".

Well yes, every statement I make is the Ego speaking

I think spirit does not speak much - it sits back and enjoys the show.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
I've been wondering how do you know whether you and another is a beginner soul or an advanced soul? What are the distinguishing characteristics?

we are each individual souls but we are also each a part of the great original soul

we come from the same place, then, so essentially, our souls are all the same *age* in the traditional sense of the word.
the idea of being *old* as a soul is related more to experience and wisdom gained.

from what i've learned, both from my teachers as well as my own experiences, past and present, a soul becomes *old* (or mature?) through the widest variety of life times/experiences as possible - going all the way from one extreme to the other.

for example,
say the soul who was Joan of Arc was also Adolf Hitler
or the soul who was Mother Theresa was also Caligula

the soul that, in following their own path, is true to itself every time but yet sometimes is adored and at other times totally despised...sometimes very very wealthy and other times is the poorest of the poor...who is sometimes successful in meeting their visible goal but who sometimes fails miserably...that is the soul who gains the most understanding and acceptance of ALL stations and circumstances in human life. understanding and acceptance can only lead to greater love (AGAPE) and less judging of others - which in turn lead to consciously participating in humanity as a (whole) ONE while still living amidst humanity as an individual one.

here are some quotes from the readings of Edgar Cayce, to help explain what i mean:

from Reading 436-2:

2. It would be well to comment upon the oldness of this soul, especially in its activities - as will be seen - in periods when the occult and mystic influences were manifested in the experience of the entity in the earth; and make for influences that have been (or may be made) very good or very bad in the experience of the entity. Hence, this is an old soul.

from Reading 1391-1:

22. As to the appearances in the earth, these we find rather of a varied nature; some queenly, some lowly, some a gaining, some a stumbling. These have been, then, sojourns FULL of experience for this, what may be termed an old soul in those activities in the various phases of human and mental experiences.

from Reading 2425-1:

27. Then, in giving the urges which arise from the material sojourns, - it will be found that these will at times appear to conflict with the latent or soul urge. Thus, by many students of occult science or force, it may be indeed said that the entity is an OLD soul; though all souls, to time, are as one, - even as love, as life, is one. And in physical consciousness, it is according to what an individual entity has done or does do about such an awareness, such a consciousness OF this state of being in any or all of these, that gives even the words to say, or to be classified in any such manner.

from Reading 2542-1:

17. This to some would appear an old, old soul; yet all souls are as one - they were all of the same; for soul is eternal.

from Reading 2627-1:

20. Saturn brings the many changes that have been in the present experience, as also indicated in such a VARIED activity as the entity has manifested in the material world; bringing what might be called an old soul, for it has manifested not only in those influences in the earth for good but in those that have been questioned by man. Yet the intent and purpose, the hope, the desire never began in such a purport - or purported activity; influenced rather by circumstance.

being an *old* soul doesn't mean you were always wearing a white hat - old souls have worn both and all colors in between.
whether one's experiences have left positive or negative (or more likely, a combination of both) reverberations on the pages of timespace/akashic records has less to do with it than what one has gained, or learned, from those experiences.

Once you know where you are at terms of your spiritual evolution, how do you proceed from there?

well, the same way as from any other point in (y)our journey....with an open mind, hopeful attitude, and a sincere desire to be a spiritual productive member of the human race!

and if you are, indeed, an *old soul*, the lessons you have learned being both sinner and saint are gifts that you are obliged (so to speak) to share with others.

not in the sense of telling others what you know and why they should listen to you, but through leading by example

call it *response-ability*
we each have the ability to respond to any situation in which we are given the opportunity to act according to the unique talents we each, respectively, have.
so, in having both the ability to respond and the awareness to recognize such an opportunity, then do we not have the duty, more or less, to respond?

and truly, when one gets to that point in their journey, there is nothing else to do but help.
it just comes naturally

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

A star wasn't good enough. I had to post for the simple reason of telling you....what a fantastic post. Excellent. Many thanks. Some of the things that appear soooo complicated can have the most simple answers.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ::.mika.::
experiment for yourself ayahuasca.

you'll get your proof
(if you can hold the truth)

oh boy

you said it:
if you can hold the truth
can anyone?

anyone for some *punch*?

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

thank you, ladyinwaiting

in support of the idea of SIMPLE, Einstein said:

If the answer is simple, then it's GOD answering.

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
I've been wondering how do you know whether you and another is a beginner soul or an advanced soul? What are the distinguishing characteristics?

Once you know where you are at terms of your spiritual evolution, how do you proceed from there?

Indigo Child?! LOL! But to answer your question, it doesn't matter where you are in 'spiritual evolution', for both saints and sinners can find peace and heaven through Christ.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Great post! star for that

very interesting

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I would imagine Buddha would answer the question with one simple question.

Do you have compassion for others?

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gamma MO
I would imagine Buddha would answer the question with one simple question.

Do you have compassion for others?

Buddhist proverb:

If you do not care for others, who will care for you?

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

The hardest thing to do in the world is have compassion for your enemies. I try, I really try. I intellectualize that they "think" they are doing right and they don't understand the harm they are doing....but I end up thinking: @#%K them!

I clearly have some work to do. Damn it's hard.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Personally, I think it's retarded to have compassion for evil people. I have NO compassion for the power elite, for serial killers, for pathological liars, rapists, etc..They're just scum in my eyes.

I think this superficial label of different soul levels is a bit foolish as well. It just puts people into superior/inferior categories. Much like the label, Indigo Child.

We've all got different personality traits, different interests, different intellectual and emotional capabilities, etc..

My soul is so old, it burnt out years ago

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

it IS hard

but what i've found, to make it easier, is this:
take the whole idea of "right" and "wrong" out of the equation

don't worry about, or be concerned with, whether what your enemy has done is right or wrong, either from your perspective or your enemy's

because, ultimately, it doesn't matter - what has made them your enemy has already happened and won't change even with that particular understanding

it leaves it up to you to make them NOT your enemy - simply by loving them and accepting them just as GOD does

that's what Abraham Lincoln said, that by loving his enemies, he essentially got rid of them

right or wrong, left or right, good, bad, or ugly...we all came here to do something and sometimes it certainly must be the *dirty job*

just some thoughts to maybe help you
i know it helped me

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
Personally, I think it's retarded to have compassion for evil people. I have NO compassion for the power elite, for serial killers, for pathological liars, rapists, etc..They're just scum in my eyes.

I think this superficial label of different soul levels is a bit foolish as well. It just puts people into superior/inferior categories.

but don't you see how what you said in the first paragraph leads to exactly what you described in the second paragraph?

if you see someone as "scum," then isn't your view toward them looking downward, so to speak?

doesn't that still make it a superior/inferior issue?

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."-Thomas Jefferson

When we throw right or wrong, good or bad out the window, we slowly dissolve our conscience. It may be easier for individuals to forgive evil, but it's definitely not the logical or best thing to do.

I'd much rather keep the pain of disgust in my heart, than allow evil to run rampant.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

when you are young you ask for justice
when you are old you ask for mercy

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I sure do. There are exceptions to every rule.

The difference is that labeling of souls is just for an ego trip. Nothing much comes of it. There's no point in it, really. You can't say the same for calling out evil. There's definitely a reason for that.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

The hardest thing to do in the world is have compassion for your enemies. I try, I really try. I intellectualize that they "think" they are doing right and they don't understand the harm they are doing....but I end up thinking: @#%K them!

If I may...

...first direct attention to that which is easy to love, that which comes naturally. In this way you get into the habit of radiating that. Only then gradually direct the love to that which you would normally deem an "enemy".

Also, maybe you can see how any fixed opinion, viewpoint, worldview you have that seperates you from him is ultimately illusory.

But more than having to love that which you dont, why not direct your gaze at that which you CAN love.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
To me soul is nothing else then the live of something, everything has a soul, even the computer has a soul. And all souls die one day. Now spirt is the thing that lives for ever.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I have no problem loving those who are close to me and easily lovable. I have enormous compassion towards most people and living creatures.

I have been plagued with a fight for the past three years and it is against some people who are doing harm to others. I've been trying to stop them and my mind has been filled with anger, hate and disgust for these people for a long time.

I will never "accept" what they are doing but it sure would be nice to gain some peace in my mind.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I've been trying to stop them and my mind has been filled with anger, hate and disgust for these people for a long time.

Well, since holding those emotions in your system is not exactly helpful you could either stop your preoccupation with them (stop feeding the enemy with your sustained attention) or re-frame your understanding of them (?)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join