It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beginner souls and Advanced souls

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Still. don't believe everything you read and hear just because it sounds good and makes you feel good about your questionable "self", truth is still stranger than ease of comprehension sometimes. Perhaps some "young souls" were once "mature" in the p.c. version of the soul descriptions, but returned with amnesia after having some suicidal tendencies or something, in order to fulfill another aspect of thier soul memory that thier previous "mature" soul identity was too good for or was refused by external influences.

What i mean is, all that stuff is perhaps too separatist when taken too seriously. I like it very much though, sometimes i feel like a combination of new, young and tired-of-being here soul types.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by thaknobodi

What i mean is, all that stuff is perhaps too separatist when taken too seriously. I like it very much though, sometimes i feel like a combination of new, young and tired-of-being here soul types.

I enjoy pondering these questions also. Sometimes I look back on things I've done and think, oh, the stupidity. This must be my first go-round or I wouldn't make mistakes like that.

Other times, I feel very old and wise!!! lol. Seems to have more to do with my age. The younger I was the more mistakes I made, the older I become, the fewer, and more of the feeling of goodness and wisdom.

So, I don't know. I'm still clueless. It could go either way in my case. I do have a feeling that I am still not where I would like to be. Altogether.
Soul-wise.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

I dont really believe in the "old and young" soul thing. Has anyone ever thought maybe it's just who we are in our bodies for now and as time goes we will physically mature and have a better understanding of our spirituality? Just because time exists for man doesn't mean it does for our souls. Just because evolution exists for man doesn't mean it does for our souls. Souls are supposedly energy, you cannot create nor destroy energy, energy is infinite our souls are infinite and have always been here and will continue to be here, maybe its the fact that we mature as a human species and evolve instead of saying serial killers are young souls and people who seek knowledge are old souls.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Your brief post was very interesting.

Possibly you might consider a new Thread asking if anyone out there remembers a past life or has been regressed to remember a past life?

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This is interesting, I'm an old soul that like some of the things baby and young souls like. Example is BMW's and money. But that's what makes me unique and a man.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
to clasify a soul into an age gives them birth and death.. i use to believe in all this old and young soul stuff but as the future has filtered through me by experiences i believe that the age part of the soul is more like the iq of the soul.. and in a spiritual real where souls are held there is no time so its easy to become smarter and at the same time lose intelligence. whats most important is to realise that there is just yourself and you will gain and lose knowledge at your own free will. i know this because once i believed something as truth, again the future comes along and proves me wrong. so be open to anything and dont put things into a box.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
I've been wondering how do you know whether you and another is a beginner soul or an advanced soul? What are the distinguishing characteristics?

Once you know where you are at terms of your spiritual evolution, how do you proceed from there?

The next step brother/sister is to know, to accept, to forgive, to balance, and to open the self in love.

Be transperent in your personality, be humorous with all aspects of life and take everything lightly. Except for your love of the Creator (your self and other selves).

Namaste!!

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
So, I don't know. I'm still clueless.

Then you are a good step or two ahead of me. You know you are clueless while I am uncertain.

I don't know what I'm saying but it makes sense at this particular moment. Later I will return and think someone else hijacked my account.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Everyone wants to fancy themselves "advanced souls". Thats cute because the very fact of incarnation on earth is strongly suggestive of an immature soul.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This is an interesting discussion. I can relate to any of the descriptions of the soul ages at different times, but I once read something or heard something that put the "soul age" question in perspective...and that is the nature of time as we experience it is an overlay, not reality, however, in other metaphysical writings, there does seem to be a hierarchy of experience or development, even in realms where the notion of time as we experience it does not exist.

More than anything else, it is difficult for the intellect to grasp timelessness, eternity, or whatever you want to call it. Now, as I said, I can relate to the feelings and behavior of all the souls ages described in the OP link, at different "times"...for example, if I am calm and not interested in the competitive world, more inclined to ponder the meaning of existence,etc, then I am operating for the "time" being as a mature or old soul. But I have had the drives and proclivities of the younger in my experience as well.

Look at it this way: out of time, we are all the soul ages and stages of development because all time is now. All lives are actually being lived now. When we insert ourselves into the density of physical experience in order to slow down our awareness - it's temporary and kind of like looking at an aspect of ourselves and the world under a microscope to get some detailed knowledge, eventually we step back from that lens and see the bigger picture. I hope that makes some sense, just my take on it.

Time is a real mind bender, that is for sure.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Everyone wants to fancy themselves "advanced souls". Thats cute because the very fact of incarnation on earth is strongly suggestive of an immature soul.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by Skyfloating]

I don't know what happened to me. I remember as far back as four years thinking that this place is really strange and that there isn't really very much that I want of this, other than a few entertainments to pass the time and to work on staying out for good.

More or less, it feels like I didn't come here because I HAD to but for some other non-personal reason, of which I've no idea at the moment. The trauma of simply being here I have to keep in check. I feel a fundamental incompatibility with a human shell. It wasn't designed for this.

Ok, ok. I know what you're sayin'...he forgot to take his meds today.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
smurfin A i dig this thread star and flag for sure ive been plagued my whole life with dreams of what i think are my past experiences mainly wondering across a green plain with mountains surrounding. I would say it feels like along time ago when people lived in groups almost ice age like envirement. My mother used to tell me i was an old sloul and not to let my older brothers get to me cause they just dont understand. My freinds and girlfreind will hesitate to look me in the eye when they are keeping secrets cause they think i know what there thinking whats freaky is im usually pretty right on.
anyways i think that human intuition and what ever causes it are the most overlooked of all our senses. If you check my past posts i am usually quite skeptical but this seems to really touch home with me so i dont feel its outlandish or crazy to think maybe weve been here before, maybe a whole bunch of times.
Or maybe im just crazy

the teacher who read my charts when i was just seventeen said you better be ready life is gonna always be a fight for you cause all my signs were scorpio then she laughed at me like she felt sorry . Man has she been right

so story time over how do we prove or disprove if there are old souls or is there more to this intuition we feel that makes us beleive the old soul explanation?
I dunno my two cents dig your thread !!

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Pilot

Aha! Yes. If I could have said what you said, then I would have said it. lol. This is how I feel. What you said!

SF: I agree, I think. There may be some old souls among us. Maybe a few each century. But I don't think they all stay home and tend to the organic garden. I should think they would stand out among us. The mother Theresa's; St. Francis; Jesus Christ; Buddha, Gibran, and the like.

EU: You always make me laugh. Thank you. (hijacked your account...
:lol

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

To quote Ghost Hunters: "Friggin' Awesome!"

Being an old soul is no walk in the park as was illustrated. I myself found that for years I was victimized by young people and adults who although never got the right ideas on behavior, understanding, and letting people live their lives in peace, seemed to always be the hypocritical experts in refusing basic needs to a child, all the while using it as an unconscious proof of their right to say or do anything.

Typically, you can see it from a mile away. A young person (I see it start up very young, but 15 on up is typical) has this aire of authority that has ZERO basis in reason and is very matter of fact, hostile, and just downright insulting.

The person could be a 19 year old college freshman, fresh in from high school, yet this person will attack anyone or anything who disagrees with their limited perspective. I found this attitude has forced me to use my education as a shield to a degree, in order to defend my semi-controversial views (you know, stuff like ATS is not your personal Bully Yard to attack people in, or if something is SOOO stupid they will post their anger and will hurl insults, rather than have the soul age required to just let other people be stupid by themselves).

Simply for disagreeing with low soul people is grounds for immediate chastisement, ridicule, expulsion, or to attach to in order to gain security at the expense of the person they are parasitising (anti social personality disorder is one such example).

Of course, you are then limited to their limited mental perspectives as how an 'adult' must behave in order to gain the respect they insist on receiving, but offer none (unless you give them a paycheck or have the illusion of authority, then they would let you run all over their personal freedoms because they do not possess the understanding to transcend a pyramidal thought and social structure).

I miss old crotchety people on their porches who sat in rocking chairs all day. They understood that respect must be given for it to be received. Sure many were quite hard to get along with, but when it came to certain concepts, they would have never allowed such social depredations to occur in modern society. It happens after their influence naturally wanes.

I grew up hearing how rude and disrespectful children are. I never understood what people were complaining about day in and day out. You can say please and thank you to these people all day, but in the back of their minds, they are automatically judging a child for no damn good reason other than it is the old behaviors that Baby Boomers vainly try to emulate from their parents and grandparents, but are too selfish to understand what vindicates such behaviors in the first place.

My disowned mother's mind is like a Christian house cat thrown in a drying machine at full speed. Try to get anything coherent out of her and you might get lucky 1 time out of 500. She has great talent as a chef, artist, and much more and she couldn't think for herself at all. Her lack of soul lives left her deranged and sexually fixated on a son who worshiped her as she envisioned the perfect family worshiping God, and waiting patiently for HER Lord and Savior to murder all of the non-Christians of the world in great sign of his endless love and unending hatred of everything that isn't Jesus, Jewish, or her specific religious strictures at the time (we constantly switched churches because any disagreement from the people she wished to associate with, leads to hell).

You can't reason with a low soul life person in general. All they can do is resort to fallacies and can't even recognize THEIR EXACT WORDS repeated to them LESS THAN FIVE MINUTES LATER. This is the majority of people's mentalities on ATS. If you don't metaphorically murder these people with credentials and don't have a scientist they like, they will see all evidence as proof of your stupidity, and to make matters worse they do not actually read.

They engage in unconscious mental blocking patterns that absorb fundamental bits of the conversation or what they are reading, and then rewrite the information to convert what was said to something that fits in their narrow world perspective. Words are nothing more than a non-conscious means of acquiring whatever they want, and any roadblock will result in a situation like an old lady punching a child in a grocery line, then trying to blame the child for her black eye, and it was for nothing more than the last Piss My Pants Petunia doll on the shelf. Yay, what an advanced person.

Look at Maury Povich's show were he gives the wonderful gift of paternity tests. Most of the men are so soulless that even after their wives catch them with perfume, lipstick, even foreign panties they still call the woman stupid and a liar. Then they continue to lie after the paternity test!

The easiest way to avoid this? STOP ASSOCIATING WITH MINDLESS A-HOLES!!! I just wasted all this time to preach to a few who get what I am saying already, and the rest of the closed minded debunkers who have no idea on how to debunk without being a prick will never understand.

Our societies are dying because of the imbalance of old to new souls, and they will blame everything except their behaviors and leaders until the very end and they will behave like the idiot on the recent LG Projector Phone commercials who looks at the device and vainly tries to dispel the device because he refuses to believe in it. This is the mentality of these debunkers, politicians, and everyone in a pseudo position of power.

Except Ron Paul apparently. Who knew?

More than a few of you.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by GideonHM]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GideonHM

While I agree with much you said, the argument you present cannot simply be drawing the line between old/new souls. In your scenario's there are so many other things to consider such as genetic dispositions, and the factors of upbringing.

Every face you meet has a story behind it. Every one. Nobody knows the reasons why I am the way I am. Or you. Or Sky. Or EU. And sometimes it takes a life time to figure it out, if one chooses to try.

I'm just saying, if we are all to be growing spiritually, then there are many other factors along the way that must first be combated. Like your relationship with your Mom. It can take a while to perform those tasks, before one can move on to the task of self-actualization or potentiation.

Another poster mentioned being able to see something in a child's eyes. I admit I have seen this. A seven year old who was brilliant, compassionate, whose eyes were like looking into the eyes of an old soul.
Twinkling, but sad. How very odd.

Of course there is this, if anyone is still reading these rather rambling remarks: The stage is set. When we get here the stage is already set.
The Mother. The father. The illness, the nasty inheirited disposition, whatever the case may be. Genetics and the social situation set it up, and there it is. See what we do with it.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo_Child

I think that understanding one's own flaws and fears is a step ahead from blind confidence.

Identifying and acknowledging one's own ego needs and separating them from other intellectual pursuits helps prevent ego based decisions and arguments.

Aside from that, I think much of what makes one's soul superior in any way is circumstantial. I am extremely lucky to have been born in the 5 percent of the world's population that has luxuries like TV and computers while other people have to struggle just to get clean water, so, they are "less spiritually developed" only because they have no spare time to philosophize.

Whithin that 5 percent or whatever the number may be, I am extremely lucky to be surrounded by very smart and creative people, and that enriches me as well.

But overall, I think that no matter how much one can advance one is never so far ahead as to rank oneself above others.

-rrr

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
Slightly off topic, but if you guys like the idea of getting away from the Materialistic "Young Soul" world, then I recommend watching a movie called, "Into the Wild".

based on a true story about a young guy who just packs up, gives all his money to charity and lives it rough in Alaska.

Saw it last week, awesome.

I haven't seen this movie, (but I will try, for sure) but I have a great affinity for "Jeremiah Johnson". I can watch that movie over and over. "Outlaw Josie Wales" kinda the same way, but it's not so 'esoteric', I guess.

I'm an "old" soul, no doubt, and have always thought as much. I think the 'Tibetan Book of The Dead' says some old souls come back on their own volition, either for altruistic purposes or to fine-tune some aspect of themselves. Could be wrong, though... saw it on the TV.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
I found the links to where that all came from. Haven't checked it out yet, but I will. Here ya go:

www.michaelteachings.com...

I read what you quoted and I like the concepts of it.
The more it went on it seemed more and more slanted though.
I would like this type of thing to be true but it seemed biased at the end (like out of a persons mind)

also if this is disinfo and it turns out to be the one world religion that the powers t be are allegedly striving for along with project BB

it seems pretty potent

[edit on 2-1-2010 by '___'omino]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo_Child

I think I totally misunderstood the point of the thread. I thought the term soul was used to loosely refer to wisdom.

I do not have reason to believe in any objective embodiment of memories other than the brain, and thus I don't have any reason to believe in reincarnation or immortality, at least in the traditional sense.

-rrr

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Wow !!!

@ Impaird.

It's amazing !!

The discription of the old soul fits perfectly on how I stand in life.
However I don't have the intelligence of knowing how to make my life simple do to technology etc. Also I stil grave for learning the unknowing.

Maybe there is a step in between mature and old ?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join