It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beginner souls and Advanced souls

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I agree. An old soul is happy to watch from the outside while still being completely content!

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13579
reply to post by mosesgunner

yeah you and me both..

lol "buy" into it i liked that.. kinda like you know "buying" into the fact you need money

boy oh boy.. the NWO sure did work its magic on some of you guys..

Just out of reason do any of you ever watch nature? and ever think why they dont have god? or why they dont have money?

Im just asking like...

Dude, with all due respect - what the hell are you talking about?!

Are you saying the NWO got us because we believe that there are different evolutions of the soul?

You're not serious, are you?

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Slightly off topic, but if you guys like the idea of getting away from the Materialistic "Young Soul" world, then I recommend watching a movie called, "Into the Wild".

based on a true story about a young guy who just packs up, gives all his money to charity and lives it rough in Alaska.

Saw it last week, awesome.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I don't wanna turn this into a religion thread, but what I am about to go out on a limb and type is actually relevant to the OP.

I always thought that gods and God (Jehova and Yahweh) were just ET's - nothing more, nothing less. I found this under the Celebrity Overleaves:

Jehovah SH: (An extraterrestrial, at the time of the giving of the Ten
Commandments: ) 4th-old priest, no ET, sage/scholar casting, sage entity,
king TC, 49/51, 47, 23 previous cycles (higher than any earthling), growth, spiritualist, power, intellectual/moving part, no chief obstacle but "played with arrogance," body type and number of past lives not applicable!

Yahweh SH: (An extraterrestrial, at the time of the giving of the Ten
Commandments: ) 3rd-old sage, female priest ET, scholar/warrior casting in a scholar entity, priest TC, 31/69, 47, 11 previous cycles, growth, idealist,
passion, intellectual/moving part, impatience, body type and number of past lives not applicable!

But it also says that Michael Jackson is a reincarnation of Mozart. Yikes... That kinda throws the credibility out the window for me, but hey - anything's possible!

www.michaelteachings.com...

But damn! WTF?

And check this out about Hitler:

Adolf Hitler MC: young warrior, aggression, reincarnated two or three times since, and in one of the lives was stoned to death as a young Jewish girl.

[edit on 1/2/2010 by impaired]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

mm let see?

the world soul comes from transcript.

does my "cat" have a soul?

No im not kidding

and if you are to blind to see you are being shafted left right and center do not blame me.

Idots on this planet still think jesus was born on chirstmas .. and yet most are aware hes not.. most idiots think jesus rose on easter ..

you see.. if i stuck you in a little box when you was born and told you NOTHING

you would have NO soul you would have NO god you would have NO spirtit.. the point you MISS is INFLUENCE

that my good friend is why my CAT has more brains than most of my fellow humans

who keep this big lie going and are very happy to do so because unlike YOU i admit what i am

i am ALL that i can be I CAN KILL AND RAPE AND ROB AND DO AS I PLEASE... and YOU will not STOP ME.

did god give a toss when he made that up? I THINK NOT lets get back to basics here

SOULS... the only SOUL you have is your EGO to think you in fact have one.

becase for all you people who sit and preace this BS is another one of me who will gladly slap you about the face with realtiy

call me the devil for all i care but its people just like YOU who make the world just the way it is

A LIE

and im happy to talk about SOULS as much as you are .. because i admit I DONT HAVE ONE

you on ther other hand DO.. now as we are ON ats SHOW ME PROOF YOU HAVE A SOUL

please.. other than some bibicla nonsencail crap you are brainwashed with

thank you i look forward to you PROOF

truth is not as funny as you think when your fellow human admits it

gets some what "complex then" does it not?

Oh hell let me use wiki aswell...

The soul is often described as consisting of one's consciousness and personality, and may be synonymous with the concepts of spirit, mind or self.[1] The soul is occasionally believed to live on after the person’s physical death, and some religions posit that their god creates souls. In some cultures, non-human living things, and sometimes other objects (such as rivers) are said to have souls, a belief known (in other religions) as animism.[2]

"described" for a start...

concepts of "spitit" then says self? like its some how linked!! meewoo Yep..

the sould is occanionally get this "SOME" reigions "even tho the words used in wiki come from religious text" .. posit that their god creates

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by 13579

ok, from this response we can safely say you are a very young soul.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by 13579

Ummm........ I think you are sorely mistaken over here and I send my condolences.

Are you actually getting me or the ones who believe in the soul mixed up with RELIGION???

I'm agnostic. But keep on truckin', pal. Wow...

Just because you believe in a soul DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN that you are religious. I myself am against organized religion.

And if I'm wrong and misunderstood you, you need to type a little more cohesively.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

a soul

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
There is no age o the soul:

"The Blessed Lord said: You are grieving over those who are not fit to be grieved for, yet you speak words like a great man of wisdom. But the wise do not grieve neither over the living nor over the dead. Never did I not exist, nor did you nor these kings. Nor shall we ever cease to exist in the future.”
-Bhagavad Gita 2.11 and 2.12

The Soul may wander trough the bodys of diferent lifeforms trough the Universe, but what you call baby, young and mature Souls are not more than Souls in the modes of nature like Satva Rajas and Tamas.

I never would like to ofend you but I have to disagree with the ages of the Souls like Lord Sri Krsna said. When in your past life you where a higher lifeform in a higher planetary system then your behaivor in this life will also be diferent to those people who in the past life where dogs pigs and asses, who sadly is the mayority on this planet.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

It is YOU who missunderstand..

soul comes from bibiles and is also interchangerble with "spitirt" ie self and is also used in relation to "after life"

You can not have an OLD soul or a NEW soul..

its just stupid if you think that beacuse you are just YOU... ??!?!?!

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Karmayogi11

at least that make sens!!!

but giving it an age is barmy!!!

sheesh

no age i can agree on AGE? wtf? did i pass my sell by date as a soul or get birthday prestent for it?

why are people so silly..

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by impaired

reply to post by mosesgunner

yeah you and me both..

lol "buy" into it i liked that.. kinda like you know "buying" into the fact you need money

boy oh boy.. the NWO sure did work its magic on some of you guys..

Just out of reason do any of you ever watch nature? and ever think why they dont have god? or why they dont have money?

Im just asking like...

Dude, with all due respect - what the hell are you talking about?!

Are you saying the NWO got us because we believe that there are different evolutions of the soul?

You're not serious, are you?

I don't really get the comments my self. Selling and trading is a natural act of civilization. I don't under stand how using it figuratively would raise any kind of flag in one's mind.
Perhaps he was a commie in his past life.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by mosesgunner]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 13579

You know what? You and I aren't on the same field.

But ya got me. I can't prove that there is a soul.

All I can say about that is this:

I can not believe for one second that we live life - go through pain, hardship, love, hate, etc. just do die and wink-out forever. I mean, what the hell would be the point of living???

And I don't believe in that heaven or hell crap either.

So with my way of thinking, I BELIEVE that we possess a soul that just keeps getting recycled into different bodies.

I have no proof, and it's as simple as that. Actually, if you want something close to proof (IMHO), check out near-death experiences. OH! And check out the story that was all over the news a few months ago about the little kid who said he was a reincarnated WWII Pilot. The little dude knew his name (in the past life), the plane he flew, the type, where he was shot down, and much more.

I'll even give you a linky:

www.ianlawton.com...

That should ummm... appease you for a bit!

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

It is YOU who missunderstand..

soul comes from bibiles and is also interchangerble with "spitirt" ie self and is also used in relation to "after life"

You can not have an OLD soul or a NEW soul..

its just stupid if you think that beacuse you are just YOU... ??!?!?!

The concept of the soul didn't start with the bible!! HAHA! You're trying to shoot me down over here and YOU'RE THE ONE who's totally misinformed! Stop trolling. This is getting ridiculous! You don't even know what you're talking about!

Here's a whole article on the word "Soul". Read that and do your research and stop talking like you know what you're talking about. You're making yourself look bad and I don't wanna be slinging crap back and forth! You're taking away from this thread!

en.wikipedia.org...

There!

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

I can not believe for one second that we live life - go through pain, hardship, love, hate, etc. just do die and wink-out forever. I mean, what the hell would be the point of living???

and here is why my mentality destroys yours... good sir..

You unlike me can not accept the very very very x 1000x the gift of life..

YOU have no NEED to have pain or hate ect ect as they are all manifestiations of your lack of understand of life its self

god did not give you pain YOU DID

god did not give you suffering YOU DID

god gave you LIFE

What is the point of "LIVING" for a human not what is the point of "living"

ask my cat what is the point of LIVING.... would it get you far? NO

do you know why that is? my cat never asked why shes here on the other and YOU DO

because that what humans do CRY AND WHINE AND BITCH and have no idea why they are asking?

what do you wan to knot? the meaning of life? why it is you are here?

seems selfish to ask why it is you are here yet the very gift you was given gives you that gift to ask?

you see for me logic is a state of mind a state of being.. you may ask all the stupid retarded mind bending questions you wish

yet you are asking them via life

and that my friend is what you fail to grasp also what humans as a whole fail to grasp tho some of you feel it .. not many of you ask why the hell you are asking..

so dont lecture me on souls or spirtis.. im just the same as you and i will tell you to your face the truth you do not like..

you have no idea wha you are here do you

I do.

big difference

and has nothing to do with souls i can asure you of that friend

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I skimmed just a little, so maybe this has already been said.

A couple years ago I was told by an old member of this site that as we age through childhood and youth, we progress through all of our previous soul ages. Basically our physical mentality needs time to develop and mature into our true consciousness.

These past 3 years have been the biggest change of my life. I moved, became extremely religious. Got introduced to conspiracy and 2012, and I went through a terrible process of "unlearn" and "relearn" as I became a bit mentally unstable and jumped the gun on a lot of what I read.

I've done, thought and said many stupid things, but the more mistakes you learn, the more wisdom you gain.

Now I'm 19. I got depressed with school last year and dropped out due to my disappointment in the education. Got my GED.

And now really, I pay attention to what goes on in the world, but I don't feel the need to make a deal out of it. Just be healthy, have some fun, don't stress out and just enjoy life. Be youthful with the exception of stupidity, yet keep a balance of gaining knowledge and wisdom. Because the world needs more positive vibes, yet I wouldn't trust the naive to uphold such a task... Hell, I wouldn't trust myself a year and a half ago.

Something else I heard that after sometime in the mid 80's, only mature and and old souls are aloud to reincarnate on earth until our race is stable on the right track.

I've seen a lot of immature people my age and younger, so maybe that's not true, or there are some exceptions. Then again we have to look back at the aging process and give everyone a chance to see how they turn out when they are all grown up.

There is a lot of talk about how the youngest generations are waking so rapidly.

Who knows, maybe you all think I'm just a kid with a nut for a brain. Maybe it is true? lol, but it doesn't matter to me. I'm content

[edit on 2-1-2010 by Scarcer]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Very interesting replies.

The reason I said advanced souls vs young souls was inspired by a video I was watching on youtube where a doctor who does past life regression talks about how the terms "old soul" and "young soul" are confusing and misleading. You can be an old soul but spiritually quite underdeveloped and you can be a young soul, but spiritually developed. This made sense to me hence why I opted for "advanced" vs "beginner"

There is something else he mentioned which really intrigued me. He said that an advanced soul using the same body as a beginner soul can deal with the challenges of the body in a much better way. This made me think how some people who have poor upbringing turn into criminals and others take it in their stride and turn out alright.

A friend of mine, bless him, once said to me how well I had coped with the very difficult upbringing I had to go through. He commended me on what I had achieived and on my self-discippline. I still don't know how true that is, but it made me think.

I am not sure myself what the distinguishing characteristics are, but I think discipline probably plays a big part in separating the beginner soul from the advanced soul. I don't mean discipline in the sense of slavishly following some orders, but discipline in the sense of living your life in terms of principles rather than pleasure-seeking. Of those principles the highest principles are spiritual. Such as the life of a saint.

Having character and integrity is probably a marker too.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

do you mean this?

In theology, when referring to the soul, the terms "life" and "death" are different and thus distinguished from the common concepts of "biological life" and "biological death." Because the soul is said to be transcendent of the material existence, and is said to have (potentially) eternal life, the death of the soul is likewise said to be an eternal death. Thus, in the concept of divine judgment, God is commonly said to have options with regard to the dispensation of souls, ranging from [Heaven] (i.e. angels) to hell (i.e. demons), with various concepts in between. Typically both Heaven and hell are said to be eternal, or at least far beyond a typical human concept of lifespan and time. Religions which subscribe to non-monotheistic views, in particularly Dharmic religions, may have differing concepts, such as reincarnation, nirvana, etc.

come again? lol

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
i myself am on old soul.

numbered trolls should maybe do some research and some growing up

Prove souls? what kinda thing is that to ask, to demand for? a child. of course there are souls, and it was a concept way before we had writing.

id rather have conversation with your cat

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I agree. An old soul is happy to watch from the outside while still being completely content!

Well said. I do wonder sometimes what job it is we are here to do that is best done by being content observers.

The best answer I have been able to come up with is that our continued growth moves beyond working on ourselves and now depends on shepherding, inspiring and redirecting the paths of younger souls. I know I have found myself in these kinds of situations all my life and that many of the situations seem far to profound and necessary to be unguided.

Another thing that tugs at my understanding are the vivid memories of my past life I've had from earliest childhood. I remember being a very rigidly organized zealot for the Japanese war cause that died crashing my airplane into a ship. Obviously not an old soul in that life, but I feel like an old soul in this life. Very confusing. Wonder what could have been done in that kind of previous life that would lead to this one?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join