It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If one had superpowers how would he use it to change the world? *Serious Thread*

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Hi,

Imagine: someone got Power, superpowers that allow him to do impossible things such immortality, strong body, psychic abilities... and NOT a greedy bastard but a guy that seek OBJECTIVE justice (not like in comics, think above that, beyond the usual good/bad), that want to avoid the destruction/enslavement/perversion of the world at any cost, how should he act? By world, i don't mean a virtual one but the real world in which we live, with all the threats we know and don't, and all the problems that would be involved in such a quest (not only a stupid fairy tale in which "a hero" only cares about killing the evil ones).

Background of that guy: he would have be a lambda human like the others. But he had some major differences, such VERY open minded and critical mind, thinking big and beyond human normal mind, and seeking impossible goals, such bring back balance to the world. Eventually he would learn the major difference between him and the powerless rest is that he is unlimited. Being unlimited would imply that he could learn and do everything. So he made his mind up to change the world. To achieve impossible things he would have to learn to do the impossible, to go beyond his limits, to stop being human.

Through a hard training he would eventually succeed in mastering capabilities he would have chosen carefully. What would be needed to change a world full of fear, death, decay, madness?
-Invulnerability because of the many danger and if he would die, everything would be finished
-Immortality because it can take time to change an entire world
-teleportation because he would need to move fast and to act faster
-Telekinesis because it is a useful ability that would allow him to avoid disasters, such stopping bullets, nukes
-Control of the elements: elements are almighty powers that balance the world. Used in the wrong hands with technology, it can be fatal for a lot of biological beings, especially forests. Controlling the elements would allow to stop a forest fire or to prevent unexpected disasters caused by some unknown technologies.
-Invisibility because it would be useful in lot of situations, especially for assassination and to show how fearsome and unstoppable you could be
-Complete disintegration of matter because it is needed to remove all the trashes made by human kind, and would be obviously efficient to vanish dangerous weapons, industrial and nuclear wastes
-ESP or enhanced perceptions, which would be very useful to find biological beings
-Mind control because it could help to avoid unnecessary slaughters committed by hopeless humans that couldnt be avoided with the others Powers
-Shockwaves aka explosions from nothing because you need weapons to fight
-Control of electromagnetic waves because that ability alone is almost limitless and could be very useful to destroy electronics from a distance

There is no giving up neither return back. He is not human anymore. He is above the common and limited way of thinking, beyond the lies, illusions and brainwashing. Great Powers, great responsibilities. Do not think about good/bad love/hate because these are illusions, not universal reality. What must be preserved then? Balance. If to save a world it is needed to destroy an entire species, so be it. Because a species -mankind- is nothing compared to the beautiful and almighty ecosystem that is Earth. Even if all species die, life can come back. God don't exist but a Planet is a near deity, it allows life, it is impartial and it is immortal. Planets are the real treasures, and must be protected at all cost, that is how he thinks. Do the human trash deserve any mercy? As a threat to the Ecosystem that allowed everything, it should be removed. Killing/violence/slaughter as they call it, wouldn't be the best answer to all problems? Don't forget, good/bad are only subjective, as well as justice, there is no such a thing and that is a major reality. Free will is what allowed the world to be messed up, free will is what allowed the masses of people to choose to stay ignorant and to live selfishly, the passion of the flesh, free will is also what allowed this guy to find his way to the real Power and to choose to fight for what he believes to be the real Goal.If there is no god, everything is allowed. That is hell true.

But the guy could give mankind another chance and try to find a way without crush it. How would he act to do the "right" things? Which way should he choose? Some examples:
-->Would he want to help some lambda people for petty things (such starvation, street war, racism) but letting billions of others helpless?
-->Would he strike at the roots of the problem? Targeting multinationals, world leaders, NWO, mafia, politicians, laws, systems?
-->Would he act for THE GREATER GOOD, and think for the earth above everything else and so erase her biggest threat: the human kind? That doesn't necessarily mean to destroy human kind but to prevent it doing any harm to the planet and the animals. So: reduce population to some thousands, destroy every single factory/laboratory/bunker/base/facility/city, remove unneeded/harmful/deadly/advanced/polluting technologies, ban perversion/religions/new age/lies/ignorance/sadism/.. and change/force people to a new and more peacefully way of thinking.

Regardless the above examples, how would he start his impossible task? More examples:
-->Gather the people and fight with them, considering their opinions and ideas
-->Act alone, and target the leaders, heads, chiefs, militaries, corporates, scientists, medias, in short, the wheels of human world
-->Use diplomatic and find a compromise
-->Mind control the top leaders of the world and make them change the world slowly but surely
-->Help the NWO (in the case it exists) to control people and so, avoid wars and destruction of the environment
-->Just raze cities and human history and technology, allowing only some forest tribes to survive?

I would like to hear your ideas. Do not take this lightly like some sort of jokes, it is a serious topic. I know it would be hard to imagine such a task and how to succeed, but i'm sure we can find out ways. Take it seriously as if there was such a guy and an imminent end if things remain like this. Don't hesitate to explain in details, as if you were writing a "How to save the real world considering all factors, obstacles, threats" manual.

EDITED for background and more infos

[edit on 2-1-2010 by _damon]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I would use them just like Ron (the hedge hog) Jeremy uses his...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
With my Super Brain & Super Strength I would build a small, portable, limitless Free Energy Device for every Human on the planet, and distribute each one. Then I would communicate to each of them telepathically how to operate it. Then I would destroy every single nuclear weapon on the entire planet.

Just for starters.....

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
To make everyone see the need for fairness.

How can we sit and eat the foods we eat and consume the good that we consume while others have nothing?

How can we spend millions of dollars on building that represent art or man made Islands that look cool for the rich to vacation on....while some dont have homes or clean water.

If we all knew instantly the importance of balance amongst our species....I think we would go far as a unit.

We pay people millions of dollars for acting on TV. We pay labor workers that brake their backs and end up disabled before the age of 50 pretty much nothing considering the work that they do cant be done by just anyone.

We need fairness, that makes sense to all and not just some.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
How to get the Superpowers?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
i would remove the plague of humans from this planet.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bigspud

They are just a work in progress....but I do see where you are coming from.

God loves us....and has a purpose for us. Its just a very long drawn out process from our point of view.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I would use my intellect and super strength, among other powers to build a giant space ship that can produce food, air, fuel, other materials and water from space particles, recruit a crew of 400-800 men and women and get the hell off earth.

I feel there's nothing one man can do to change an entire planet of free willed, but enslaved people.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by LeTan]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
The Intelligence and power over Technology. What couldn't you do.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
The question shouldn't be what you would do with you powers.
But how you would keep yourself and your family safe from the government should they want to classify you as a threat to national security.

How would you keep yourself from being made into a lab experiment.

How would you safeguard yourself from being turned into some cia, nsa, fbi or other 3 letter acronym lacky?

More often than not, "In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death."

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by _damon

If one had superpowers how would he use it to change the world? *Serious Thread*

I would make all the animals wear clothes. I'm serious!!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
This thread got my role-playing mind fired up
But... you are a little to vague. What are our hero's powers? Where is he [she] from? Background like that would allow us to come up some real answers. Just because you have powers and good intentions does not guarantee good results. Way too many variables

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I hate to say this...

But if I had super powers I wouldn't do much with them other than aquire cash very discretely and undercover...

I know that sounds bad...

BUT if you went Super Hero, unless you were at Superman level you'd get killed and be useless...

You'd still have to work from the inside...with a Trillion dollar defense budget even Superman might get his but handed to him or end up working as a Govt stooge if he revealed, they'd manufacture Kryptonite and send a team in.

The only way to change things would be still be subtle, you;d have to work at self gain and power and then use your real world influence and do your best...

Take Spiderman

In RL Spiderman would be DONE in under a month, Cameras everywhere, satellites, they'd find his apt surround it with snipers reveal his identity take Aunt May hostage and make him turn himself in...

If that didn't work they take out a whole lock to get his wiry little butt

Sad but true...

There probably ARE people with extraordinary abilities and most of them would be snagged as children and indoctrinated... or killed...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
i would be super man/doctor manhatten.

I would do as he did. Although i wouldnt be as stupid. I would never kill somone... but repeat offenders would have tendons and limbs severed per infraction.... Of course i would regenerate them if they repented.

I would be justice... and a fear in the hearts of evil men.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by Wertdagf]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

We need fairness, that makes sense to all and not just some.

There is fairness in the world (universe)? The only way we could have fairness is to create a system of total control over everyone on the planet. That would be control in the sense that you are told everything that you can do. If and when you can have children, who you can marry, what you will eat or drink, where you will live and what you will do, as a list of just a few things.

We live in an uncontrolled world and providing a happy life for my family and living with mother earth is my small donation to it.

Why should the burden on us and not the people who are the ones actually out of control? If you say it is because we have the ability to help I would need to argue that we don't and we only think we can. We really do not have that ability and we have proved it with trillions of wasted dollars for unless the ones totally out of control are willing to change we are just dumping our lives, time and money down the drain.

Don't be in such a hurry.... we have come a long way in the last 2000 years, but let’s give it one more 1000 and maybe people will be able to control themselves without forced control by some system.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Ultimately I would end up killing myself. Even if I started acting moral at the beginning it would be impossible to keep up forever. (You mentioned immortality)

That's the amazing thing about the human spirit. It get's over things.

For example: After exhausting all of my other options I am forced to kill someone. I feel badly about it for several years. The next time I would get over it quicker, and the time after that. Eventialy I would no longer feel anything.

Of course killing a single person is just an example, but with greater power the atrocities would only be much worse.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Very simple, the only thing I would need is the ability to communicate my true thoughts and beliefs to others so they can "see through my eyes." The transference of compassion is the only way to cause free and true change. If the world doesn't respond then it wasn't meant to be and we will live with the evils of the world forever.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
What you should have said was ,what superpower ability would benifiet the world the best.Increasing the size of food would solve the hunger problem in the world today.Just imagien increasing the size of a banana to a size of a house.A cooked t bone steak i kilometer wide.Strawberrys as big as a basket ball.A glass of coke as big as a swimming pool.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
If I had all the power of say Dr. Manhattan, I would do absolutely nothing on a large scale. I'd probably use my powers to make my own life a bit more convenient, but otherwise I would refuse to interfere. What makes my opinion of how the world should work any better than the opinions of the other six billion people that I share the planet with? I know that regardless of what powers I might have, by having the mind of a mortal man I simply will not be capable of running the entire show that is humanity. No single human is.

As humans we learn by making mistakes together, not by having one superman do everything for us. This is why I believe that God, or whichever higher power you may believe in only gave us so many instructions rather than running every facet of our lives for us. Perhaps one day mankind won't have any need for a superman, but we're not going to get there by being dependent on one.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Easy to say but how is it supposed to change the world? Humans get free energy, then what? Will they become less mad? Will they stop destroying the environment? Because you know, free energy or not, they will reproduce more and more faster until everything breaks.

And destroy nuclear weapons? Well think about this, by doing that -i suppose you would know how to destroy it without blow it up- it would be like a declaration of war to almost every nations, then how would you act to reduce casualities? Some countries could fight each others thinking you were sent from their ennemies. Think about it, even with superpowers, it seems a pretty hard task and must be think carefully.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join