It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On the vast unrecognized powers of the human brain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I wish to create a thread where people can input personal observations, experiences, visuals, internet links, or whatever else to find a common theme. I have come to the conclusion that the untapped powers that the human brain contains lies somewhere within the sub-consciousness and that meditation is the key to unlocking it. For, were we able to access our sub-conscious minds at will, we would have near perfect recollections of any past memories, and so much more.

I am very curious about lucid dreaming, out of body experiences, psychokinesis, etc., but have not experienced any of it, except for a couple lucid dreams as a child. If any reader of this thread has experienced more please share whatever information you have.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Very interesting. i personally have never meditated could you maybe post a link on how to do it

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by chaseninja

Absolutely. I found this video that may be helpful.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by Katerna]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Katerna
I wish to create a thread where people can input personal observations, experiences, visuals, internet links, or whatever else to find a common theme. I have come to the conclusion that the untapped powers that the human brain contains lies somewhere within the sub-consciousness and that meditation is the key to unlocking it. For, were we able to access our sub-conscious minds at will, we would have near perfect recollections of any past memories, and so much more.

I am very curious about lucid dreaming, out of body experiences, psychokinesis, etc., but have not experienced any of it, except for a couple lucid dreams as a child. If any reader of this thread has experienced more please share whatever information you have.

How to Activate them by Meditation?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Katerna

This is interesting, I was thinking to start thread on such, but was not sure as to where to start.
I would like to mention that, I am a very capable lucid dreamer, and have had etheric and astral projections in past.

What I wanted to bring up, which is in line with threads, untapped powers of the human mind.

It seems if one can unclutter the mind, many doors will start to open that were just not there or being blocked by your own egos and such.

The method I use for going lucid is when laying down to sleep, I just let pictures start and at some point walk into dream.

Another thing if you let fear into attemp at AP you will have problem.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Katerna

Hey there Katerna !
Here are just a few interesting videos examining genius .

------------------------
The Boy with the Incredible Brain

This is the breathtaking story of Daniel Tammet. A twenty-something with extraordinary mental abilities, Daniel is one of the world’s few savants. He can do calculations to 100 decimal places in his head, and learn a language in a week.

This documentary follows Daniel as he travels to America to meet the scientists who are convinced he may hold the key to unlocking similar abilities in everyone. He also meets the world’s most famous savant, the man who inspired Dustin Hoffman’s character in the Oscar winning film ‘Rain Man’. (2005)

------------------------------
My Brilliant Brain - Make Me A Genius

At 38 years old, Susan Polgar has reached heights that few women have ever equalled in the chess world. Despite the common assumption that men’s brains are better at understanding spatial relationships, giving them an advantage in games such as chess, Susan went on to become the world’s first grandmaster.

Susan’s remarkable abilities have earned her the label of ‘genius’, but her psychologist father, László Polgar, believed that genius was “not born, but made”. Noting that even Mozart received tutelage from his father at a very early age, Polgar set about teaching chess to the five-year-old Susan after she happened upon a chess set in their home

------------------------------
My Brilliant Brain -Accidental Genius

Learn how remarkable talents can emerge as a result of disability or trauma, not just in birth, but even quite late in life. George Widener is autistic, but he knows the day of the week for any date in history and thousands of years into the future with lightning speed. He is a prodigious savant, one of about a hundred people in the world with a serious disability but also a seemingly superhuman mental power

--------------------------------
My Brilliant Brain - Born Genius

Marc Yu, a seven-year-old concert pianist. At two he heard "Mary Had A Little Lamb", and immediately played it back, flawlessly. A year later he was playing Beethoven from memory.

Now with a repertoire of more than 40 classical pieces, the young maestro's astounding brain has intrigued experts, such as development psychologist Professor Ellen Winner and neuroscientist Gottfired Schlaug. Winner and Schlaug focus on Marc Yu's achievements, and ask whether hard work is behind his success, or was he simply born with a brilliant brain?

--------------------------------

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
this is a great idea! I think its such a necessity for humans to get back on track with each other...so many people are going in so different directions. Imagine if all the people that are connected through the internet started meditating on a common goal! now that would be an enlightenment!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
By the way, the video i posted earlier has 5 parts. I only posted the 1st. Check out the other 4, it gets really interesting.

I appreciate all the input thus far.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Amazing, I was just thinking the other day about opening a topic with this very subject in mind! I absolutely believe the scientists, when they say that we humans consciously use only 10% of our brain. I'd really like to hear what you think about my experiences and thoughts on advanced powers of the human brain. I'm sure everyone here experiences similar events, on daily basis even, but you may not be necessarily aware of it. I'll sort it into categories, to keep it cleaner.

Telekinesis

Telekinesis (TK) is known as the power power to move objects, manipulate matter and electromagnetic forces with only your mind. Many claim they are capable of TK and that it can be learned.
Personally, I've never seen anyone move objects with only TK power. But my father once told me (and he was very serious about it), his cousin is capable of switching the TV channels without the remote, just with TK power, capable of manipulating electromagnetic devices and forces.

Speaking of electromagnetic, here is my personal experience, that I think every owner of mobile phone has encountered at least once. I set the alarm on my phone, put it on the desk next to my bed, turn it off, and go to sleep. Then in the morning I reach for the mobile phone just a millisecond BEFORE it even starts to ring. It happens instantly, I just grab the phone and turn the alarm off just the moment it starts ringing. I actually had problems with waking up because of this - I would just turn off the alarm in half sleep and doze off. I had to set 3-4 alarms just to wake me up in the morning
. It's similar when you have the phone turned on and someone phones or texts you, and you grab the phone automatically just the second before it rings. What I'm saying is, our brain is capable of intercepting the electromagnetic waves and respond in accordance. It doesn't happen every time, but it's certainly not accidental, as I've experienced it time after time and I've even been told by my friends how unusual it is for me to respond to their calls just the moment they start to call.

An interesting page about telekinesis: www.thekeyboard.org.uk...

Telepathy

Telepathy (TH) is the power to transfer thoughts and feelings by other means than the usual 5 senses. I think we all experience TH on regular basis, especially when we're around people that are very close to us - family, friends, etc. We can't really hear their voices in our head, but sometimes it seems like we can just read their mind and emotions, like an open book, and vice verse, they read us. Maybe over some time our brain will evolve even more, so that we can communicate clearly just between our thoughts.

Seeing into the future

Prophets are widely known since ancient times. Sometimes their visions are wrong, but many times they are unbelievably accurate with their predictions. Google for Nostradamus and Baba Vanga for examples of famous prophets.
Personally, I've never met anyone that could predict the future, nor have I experienced such visions myself. What I've encountered though are short glimpses into events that occur within the next minute, and I think we all have this ability. Some examples:
1. A few winters ago, when we had a lot of deep snow, I went sledge riding with my father and one of my younger brothers. We stopped on a steep slope, just below the top of the hill. My father went to the top with my brother, I was to wait on the slope, to prevent my little brother, who would be riding the sledge alone, from riding further down the hill and hurting himself, in case he wouldn't be able to stop on the slope. Now just a minute before my brother descended from the top I suddenly realized he won't be able to stop, and even though the snow was very deep, I just knew it would happen. More than that, I even knew EXACTLY how everything will evolve within the next minute.

-> Reached char. limit, more in part 2.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
-> Continued from part 1.

I could clearly see in my mind what would happen within the next few moments. The sledge wouldn't stop, rather it would come down the slope at full speed. Protecting my legs form being hurt by the wooden sledge, I would jump to the side and pull my brother off (just like you see in the movies, when someone is knocked off a bike. And that's exactly how everything unfolded within the next few moments, just like shooting a movie.
2. I was sitting in school next to my classmate. She was writing something with one hand and in the other she held a pencil, flicking it between her fingers, playing with it. Suddenly I got this strong impulse that her pencil is going to fly right past me. And then it really happened, the pencil bounced off her fingers, my hand suddenly snapped and I intercepted it in midair. She looked a bit shocked and "Nice reflexes!" was the only commentary I got.
Also, I've encountered many times a situation, where I intercepted objects aimed at me behind my back and I've seen others do it too. You just get that strange impulse and act subconsciously . It often doesn't work though, I've received a fair share of balls to the head in my life, hehe.
3. Sometimes I get good or bad impulses that are tied to events that will happen within next few hours. One time, there was this very important international football(soccer) match, and I just knew we'd win. I even knew the score would be 1-0 for us, and it really was. Then there were several cases, when I just knew I would miss a particular buss. Either I mixed up the timetables, the bus broke down or I entered the wrong bus, whenever I get that impulse, I was bound to miss the buss.

So, short glimpses into future could certainly be a reality. It's not always like a vision or a clear picture of events, more like an impulse, that sends you into action. Or if we look at it the other way round, is it possible that we can manipulate time and space and control the flow of events? Now that's a whole new topic.

Bio energy

Alternative medicine is widespread nowadays: acupuncture, yoga, meditation, herbalism, etc. I don't know much about it, but I've encountered one type that definitely works: healing with bio energy. This is what happened. My grandma (70+ years old), a hard working woman, constantly on her feet 24/7, had huge problems with her right leg, she could barely walk and she was constantly in pain. The doctors did extensive tests on her but couldn't pinpoint the problem, they suggested her to buy a wheelchair. Then she went to see a bio energetic (a doctor that heals with bio energy). He healed her leg after just one therapy, by loosening the nerves and releasing the flow of energy in her leg. Bio energetics are usually students or even doctors of medicine, but they have special energy within their hands, a special warmth that enables them to heal hidden problems within the body, that modern medicine can't pick up yet. What's interesting is that bio energetics actually have to refill their natural energy, so they meet annually around special places (springs) where they replenish their power.

Biorhythm

Biorhythm is another interesting function of our body, controlled by our brain. It designates how we behave during the day, how much energy we have, when we go to sleep, etc. When we get jet-lagged from plane travel, our biorhythm is disrupted, that's why we feel sleepy and restless. What's interesting is that we can actually set our internal clock, which tells our body when to wake up in the morning. It really works in most cases, try it! Just think very hard about it, before you go to sleep, and you'll wake up exactly at the set hour. It's like when you're very excited before a trip and the next morning you wake up just at the same time you set your alarm clock for, before it even goes off.

-> Char. limit, more in part 3.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Lucid dreams, REM, sleep paralysis,...

Dreams are a very interesting topic for me. Firstly let's look at what our sleep consists of. Shortly after we lay into bed, with intention of sleeping, we enter the REM state. REM state appears between the two phases: after we start falling asleep and before we completely fall asleep. It's a phase where our brain starts shutting down unnecessary daily bodily functions and prepares our body for the night. And it's in this state that our brain is the most subjected to memories of daily events or events form our past, that then appear in our dreams. This is the state, you have to target specifically, if you want to experience Lucid dreams (LD). LD, unlike normal dreams, are extremely realistic, you feel everything, just like in real life, pain, joy, pleasure, etc. and LD can even be controlled for short periods of time. It is said that we forget about 90% of our dreams over the night, however you will remember most Lucid dreams clearly for a long time.

I've encountered LD many times, mostly accidentally, and it's an amazing experience. They mostly occur, when you enter REM state under influence of really strong feelings of past events. Whenever I had a mad crush on some girl, I would meet her in LD. I would kiss her and touch her skin and everything was so sensationally realistic, that I woke up every time with my heart racing, thinking that it was really happening, rather than being just a dream. Then for the whole next day I would remember every single detail of that dream. But the most interesting part of LD is that you can sometimes even control them and prolong them, where as normal dreams are usually passive and short. It's really hard to do it though and mostly it happens spontaneously, but it's pretty fun when you actually manage to do it. I've even changed my nightmares into silly harmless dreams on several occasions.
So how is it actually possible to enter Lucid dreams during your sleep and control them? It's very hard to do it on purpose, it mostly happens accidentally. You are most likely to encounter them, if you follow these steps:

1. You need to go to bed with a clear mind, if you are very tired, drunk or sleepy from sex/masturbation, you will most likely have no dream at all. Also, you shouldn't sleep on your left side, because in this position all your organs are pressing on your hart, making you feel uncomfortable. A position like that is likely to cause no dreams or even nightmares.

2. You need to have very strong feelings about the object or person you wish to appear in your dreams. And you need to sustain them through the REM phase, right before you fall completely asleep. That's why they need to be really strong.

3. You finally enter LD, full of emotions, now the really tricky part begins - sustaining them for more than just a few seconds. You need to control them subconsciously, give in to your emotions and let them control the dream instead. If you think too hard about it and try to force the flow of events, LD will end. They also seem to end quickly, if you move too fast or make quick body gestures. Actually, it's best to not move at all, make the other person or object come to you instead, it's your dream after all.

Gestures are actually good way to get quickly out of any dream. As a kid, I used to have very vivid nightmares, that caused me to wake up in terror. Later I developed a reflex, where I blinked tightly with my eyes in the dreams, which caused me to also blink in reality and thus immediately ending the dreams. You can also try holding your nose, pinching your cheek or something similar, it usually helps.

I've also heard from friends of several other states that a person can enter during sleeping, but I haven't encountered them. One is sleep paralysis, when you're already awake, but your body is still in REM state and not moving! A friend told me you can't do anything in this state and you feel a cold chill down your spine.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Another interesting sleeping state is so called "free fall". I've experienced it a few times and it's actually pretty funny. It occurs when you are waking up, but you don't want to wake completely and you just lay in your bed. What happens is that for a split second, you get a feeling like you just fell through your bed. It's like you're in a free fall, but just for a second. A lot of my friends have confirmed experiencing this a few times.

I've never actually tried drugs or meditation as means to reach Lucid dreams or any other sleeping states, but I think I'll give meditation a try one of these days.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
You wanna talk brain power...on daily basis i am able to see moving photons everywhere and through everything...it is true when people say the universe is holographic...I had this one experience where i was able to see flash of neon blue and fades of white light going into my computer twice...freakish stuff is happening...

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Human Brain is the Most Powerful Weapon in the World Because of this, not just IQ

g2

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
probably the most effective methods of meditation involve those of qigong. among the yogas, it would be kundalini.

an excellent site that offers qigong instruction is www.healingtao-usa.com, and for texts ymma.org.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Katerna

I will bite. Having studied the Kabbala and other so called "Occult" and Esoteric teachings for many years, along with biology, physiology, and human emotion I have become aware of a vast potential for the Power of the Human Mind. One day about 10 years ago I was at a friend's house for morning coffee. i was standing near the fridge, with my left arm resting on top of it, like. The coffee maker was across the room. We were taking, and suddenly I pointed at the coffee maker and stated, "coffee, get done now!" The glass pot jumped from the coffee maker and landed on the stove, making a huge mess and scaring my poor friend half to death. This is just one time, there have been others. The truth of the matter is science is not just scratching the surface on the potential of the mind, and the military have been experimenting with this for many years now, psychic spies, remote viewing ring any bells? How about "The "Men who Stare At Goats?"
www.themenwhostareatgoatsmovie.com...
It's more than just a movie, as Jessie Ventura made clear a few weeks ago on his show.

Everything before being made existed as thought or idea before becoming a stove, table, clock, calendar, screwdriver, soap powder.

This is at the human level of microcosm. To study the Kabbala is to study the ‘Tree of Life’. All things are contained within the Tree of Life. The creation of the Tree of Life reflects the mysteries of all creation. And the study of the Tree of Life explains the mysteries of ourselves, for we are a microcosm, mirroring the vast macrocosm: ‘As above, so below’. the ‘Tree of Life’ also shows the 10 "Sephiroth," or "Worlds" in my own mind. To me the Sephiroth are 10 dimensions of time and space, which are actually one and the same thing. We each exist in all of these, situations and realities being slightly different, i believe this is where dreams originate from, we travel among the dimensions during the sleep cycle.

The way in which the Tree of Life is formed reflects the way in which everything in our lives is created. Everything has gone through this cycle: it is first a spiritual impulse, then a thought, then a feeling, then it becomes a physical manifestation. Everything we have created in our lives was first a thought, and then a feeling. Anything we consistently hold in our minds to be true or real will become true or real in our physical universe.

So many people have come and gone
Their faces fade as the years go by
Yet I still recall as I wander on
As clear as the sun in the summer sky.....

(Boston — More Than A Feeling)

Mind Power

Mind Power
"The Potential Of The Human Mind Is Subject To, And Limited Only By,
Our Individual Beliefs or Un-belief As To Whether We Can Accomplish
A Thing Or Not." -Chuck Danes

"Men and women are not prisoners of fate, but
only prisoners of their own minds. - Franklin D. Roosevelt
www.abundance-and-happiness.com...

Power of The Human Mind
www.squidoo.com...

Unusual Powers of Mind Over Matter
williamjames.com...

Telekinesis - Psychokinesis
www.crystalinks.com...

Witchcraft, Magick & Psychic Abilities
What is the connection between psychic ability and magick?
www.occult100.com...

"Magic is the Highest, most Absolute, and most Divine Knowledge of Natural Philosophy, advanced in its works and wonderful operations by a right understanding of the inward and occult virtue of things; so that true Agents being applied to proper Patients, strange and admirable effects will thereby be produced. Whence magicians are profound and diligent searchers into Nature; they, because of their skill, know how to anticipate an effect, the which to the vulgar shall seem to be a miracle."
"The Goetia of the Lemegeton of King Solomon."

There are certain laws, or principles that apply to all magick, all prayer, all thoughts, be they negative or positive. The machinery of the universe does not act against it's nature. A planet will never get a rebellious streak and separate in anger from it's orbit. The Sun, when it goes out, will not do so because it didn't like to burn. These principles are not infallible, and all of them can be bent any direction, some of them rearranged altogether. However, just as it takes a strong man to bend steel, so does it take a strong will to influence these governing principles of magic theory. Laws can be "bent," natural things can be "altered," at will, but only "in tune" with that which is being altered. If you could become one with the Sun, having the Sun's exact vibrations and so on, one could fly right through it with no harm at all.

All things exist in a constant state of motion which can be best identified as vibration. All mechanisms in this universe are therein fluid, constantly moving and always interacting, so as to perpetuate the spinning of the wheel which is the heart of the universal machinery. These vibrations pulsate and resonate within every aspect of this universe, be it celestial, intellectual of physical in composition. The Universe is Dynamic in nature, never Static. Humans can become static, and can become dynamic, according to will, and intent.

I will end with this, if we wish to harness the true potential power of the mind,
we must conquer ourselves before we can conquer that which we seek mastery of. “Know thyself” is the old saying, and let it be extended to embrace “Know thine enemy.” If you know your enemy, you can meet him in combat and emerge the victor.
Remember, the last one on the field of battle is the winner.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Katerna I studied with qigong master Chunyi Lin -- who does amazing healing after he sat in full-lotus in a cave for 49 days straight, taking no water, no food and no sleep. So he has precognition, telekinesis, telepathy, etc.

Here's video testimony of other people who were healed by Chunyi Lin of serious diseases like late-term cancer, M.S., etc.

www.springforestqigong.com...

In my own research I discovered that the secret to these skills is what I call "natural resonance" -- the essential complementary opposites of reality what in Taoism is called yin-yang-emptiness and in Indian yoga it's the "three gunas."

I too practiced these techniques and had telepathy, precognition and telekinesis on a regular basis -- but it's not like science because science has symmetric math using technology for repeatable experiments, etc.

Anyway if you practice the "small universe" exercise it is very effective -- it's the 12 notes of the music scale as the energy points along the outside of the body -- you just sit in a chair and then listen to this c.d. which practices the music notes of the body-mind transformation:

www.springforestqigong.com...

Just scroll down for the Level 1 sitting meditation c.d.

reply to post by Katerna

top topics

join