It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATTENTION Patriots / Birthers / Teabaggers / Whomever - If you did get your Revolution, Then What?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystrange

I pray you my dear sir to find, since the burden of proof is in your hands. You have, in fact levied the claims that I am racist, can be cast into the lot of 'teabaggers' as you have so eloquently put in your posts and your title, a tyrant, one that wishes to place people into the confines of oppression and a revolutionary.

You have laid claim that I am unfocused, when I have stated that we, as a people are far from revolution and there are many steps that can be taken to fix many of the problems we face as a nation before hand. I take it you disregard those for the sake of your argument.

You have also claimed that I, personally believe all our problems are coming about because of who the president is. Since you have replied to me, but then also splinter off into a rant regarding others, thus in an attempt to paint the broad stroke of fanaticism and extremism upon me, I ask you, where have I placed the blame squarely upon the current president.

If you have read what I have written, the ideas that I have presented, the discussions that I have joined in, I have presented a multitude of problems, past and present that have attributed to what I believe is the slow decay of where this Nation should be. You may not like that and that is fine, because that is where debate is. On the other hand, you do not wish to debate, but rather seek out those that are extreme, then compartmentalize those that offer a sensible discussion into that very compartment of crazies, extremist, revolutionist, etc.

On a multitude of places I have presented nothing but freedom. I reject mandatory things like voting, but do not discount the idea. I reject mandatory military conscription as it directly opposes freedom and sovereignty of the individual. I reject the very notion that we should institute some crazy idea like Christian fundamentalist law as that too goes against my ideas that a Man can worship or not worship whomever they may please. I even reject the very notion of that we are at the precipice of an armed revolution. You seem to overlook that in an attempt to garner brownie points within your little group that enjoys generalizations.

Again, the burden of proof lies with you good sir.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

I'm not a TEA party member. Closest thing you could call me would be a Socially-Left Libertarian.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

These men, and the rest of the founders were exceptional people, the most enlightened and educated of their time. the pillars of the community as it were.
You have nothing comparable. No intellect, no leadership, you don't even have a unifying philosophy. just a bunch of mostly right wing, religion obssesed, uneducated paranoid and pissed off people that can't even articulate what they want in a rational way. what a winning combination.

These words are very telling about you. You cannot even disagree without being disagreeable. You accuse them of being paranoid and yet you say things like this:

"To turn them loose, armed, is inviting death and disaster. "

Guess what? They have always been armed, and on the loose. What has kept them together? Certainly not "progressive" attempts to disarm them and silence them. Those are tale-tell marks of the paranoid progressive.

You have much to learn. Whether you have the ability and desire remains to be seen.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeathShield

I'm sorry but what part of a democratic republic that guarantees civil and individual rights to all people of all faiths and of all skin colors and heritage that believes people shouldn't be taxed simply because they own something is tyrannical and oppressive?

No part at all.

When did I say that I did?

Nice to meet you.

Ziggy,

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Fifteen pages later, you guys get it all figured out yet?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I'm curious, is there a page limit in which discussion is to come to a head? Where consensus is to be met? Most here I would say have ideas and not full fledged plans. One cannot have a plan (coherent that is) without a set of ideas.

I for one, do not wish revolution in the manner that is presented here, i.e, armed. I believe there are 'revolutionary' ways as a people we can bring about change to break some chains from corporatism and the Imperialistic ways of the Federal Government (of long past (40s) to current)

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

I'm curious, is there a page limit in which discussion is to come to a head? Where consensus is to be met? Most here I would say have ideas and not full fledged plans. One cannot have a plan (coherent that is) without a set of ideas.

...and you people complain about congress
Well when the revolution happens let me know, I'll be sleeping in.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Why the generalization? Where have I complained about congress? Where do I WANT revolution that you are alluding to? I want change, isn't that what was pitched for the past year and half?

Continue to deflect and ignore, as it is fine for me. Ideas have been put on the table for things that could be changed, yet the continued denial that any ideas are out there shows that people only see what they want to see.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
As intolerant as most people are on the extreme right I do fear that this revolution will turn into a genocide.

Already it is easy to see where that might go.

Teabaggers attack Holocaust survivor Elie Wiesel

On the other hand these "teabaggers" really aren't very bright.

Tea partiers punk’d into supporting removal of white people from US

What can I say?? An average I.Q. of 60 perhaps?

[edit on 3-1-2010 by Lilitu]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Well that is our goal. Yet you and your ilk seem to think we want to start pogroms and institute a theocracy.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
teabagger's revolution = 1,000 Fat rednecks dress as George Washington V.S THE WHOLE U.S GOV'T + ARMY ..

Have fun .. ! ..

[edit on 3-1-2010 by Polynomial C]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Lilitu

Again you are cherry picking your data. Not everyone in the TEA party movement and in the "Revolutionary" movement think that way. I know i certainly do not think that way. I am a jew FFS.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Polynomial C

LOL U R SO FUNNEH, U MUST BE LIEK SUPR SMERT!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

You are a reasonable man and a peaceful revolution with your ideas is admirable and preferable to the bloody, macho, killem all let God sortem out that many on the Right seem to want; however if you sleep with dogs expect to get a few fleas.

It's a brave new world; welcome to the monkey house!

[edit on 3-1-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DeathShield

Not trying to be Funny .. just pointing out the reality of the B.S revolution...

[edit on 3-1-2010 by Polynomial C]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Thank you for your words.

As people have shown their wish to neglect what is written and cast myself, along with others that are speaking reasonably into the lot of people that think an armed revolution is on our doorsteps and that President Obama is the reason and I am a racist (as if the people throwing that word around even understand the true implications of such a word), I shall clearly articulate the clear separation between the two.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
So when does the tea-bagging begin? I thought there was going to be tea-bagging.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Dunno, i prefer to drink my tea. I've given the government enough money already, they can buy their own tea, i am keeping mine.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
Fifteen pages later, you guys get it all figured out yet?

I could not help but agree and laugh as well.

This post has gone so far off topic it isn't funny. Is anyone aware of the pissing match between posters here? Please look at the thread topic and respond accordingly. This is not a debate of religion or ideology of left or right "wing", it's all the same bird people. Think outside the box for a moment and post what you would do or like to see done. I, as a few others here, have posted what we would like to see happen or have made suggestions. We do not wish to get involved in the pee stream distance contest though. I think the OP would appreciate that. I am sure he/she can not read all the posts that are ridiculous in nature.

For what it is worth, please read Thomas Paine and Thomas Jefferson's writings if you can. In my opinion, I think that the first ten amendments should be retained and the rest thrown out. Re-instate the original 13th amendment as the 11th and leave it at that, no more amending the Constitution, it is fine the way it was. Okay, womens and/or ethnic right to vote needs to be retained. That's it.

This could be a peaceful revolution. But we need to understand WHAT it is that needs to be done to make it happen. Re-claiming your "strawman", taking back control of your "person" in legal speak is the first. Filing a Common Law Lien to take actual possession of all your property is the next, you can then discharge all your debt, which would reduce the national debt tremendously. Please see this womans site for all the info;

spiritualeconomicsnow.net...

Read all her articles and it will surprise you about what you really don't know. We can all do this and make a huge difference, but WE need to come TOGETHER here and do it.

Is that too much to ask?

Edit for gramma

[edit on 3-1-2010 by daddio]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by blood0fheroes

Indeed, and whats really sad is that the peaceful revolution takes more courage...It goes like this:
Start talking to friends, family, neighbors, co-workers, and just random people on the street. Debate with them the values of Liberty, and in the process, show them how much of it we have lost just in the last 20 years (you cant miss something you never knew was yours).

And here's the part that take coconuts for juevos.....Run for office and face possible rejection. How much easier it would be to start spraying bullets than to do this.

True words.

The loss of freedom is a slow death, the loss of hope, is instant doom.

I have a rainbow family, Russian wife, Irish/Armenian/Scottish/Italian/French/Spanish/Cherokee.Brazilian Grandchildren, Polish/Puerto Rican Daughter in Law, Thai/Chinese Daughter in law.

My wife lived in the USSR her first 30 years. We discuss freedom, and inequities, all the time. Most former USSR natives have a hard time understanding why I, we, people take the time to discuss/debate Ideology with people that are diametrically opposed, she (they) are mostly pessimistic.

Culturally Russians have little expectation that anything will ever get better, anywhere. I always tell her minds are changed one person at a time.

I believe that.

I'm too old, and not suited to run for office, otherwise, I would. Not because I think I would win, or I'm the best person for it, but because I see people less prepared than myself in office every day.

I had a 5 year stint in State Government, I resigned because I was expected to not only overlook wrong doing, but to participate. Things like being asked to interview people for a position, and being let to know ahead of time in no uncertain terms, who should get the job.

My then Wife applied for a temp job in tax season, she had to go to the office of a Dem official and state she was a Democrat to get the job. Depends what party the Governor is affiliated with.

I called the FBI and reported this, I was told that they were not the agency in charge, and I should file the report with the State. I could go on.

Now, the people I worked with were pawns, willing pawns, but pawns nonetheless. I was pissed, but I could not hate them, in fact, they were "good people", they were what I called "Smurfs". They worked, went to services on Sunday, they vote, live quiet family lives, all the things you might expect from rural Americans. But they were part of the machine.

We are all part of the machine. The machine is broken, but not beyond repair. At least not yet. I believe we can fix it, and we have to try before we attempt to replace it with a new one.

But if we were to get a new one, I would hope it would not be broken, and also it may contain new features that we learned were needed from the old machine. Old features no longer relevant due to the passage of time and changes in utilization and technology, would hopefully be removed.

This analogy however imperfect, has some relevance here.

My reason for starting this thread was to take a look at the new machine offerings, in the event that the old machine becomes so broken that it can't be fixed.

The new machines I was presented, were either not working at all, or more seriously flawed than the old machine. I had seen the fliers and ads for the
new machines but they were bait and switch tactics.

I appealed to the salesmen for specifications, and installation instructions for the new machines as well as deployment plans. They tried to BS me, when I told them they were not being candid, they said I was the one that was full of it, and I was a liar etc..

I decided to keep the old machine and fix it for now, at least until someone shows me a newer better model that is not a broken machine with a shiny exterior, and a lot of BS for specs etc..

Fixing it is going to be a tough haul but nobody ever said it would be easy, while I'm at it, I'll be sure to tell everybody I know and meet not to waste their time with the machines I was shown and tell them why. Some will listen, some won't. You can bring a horse to water....... But if one or two listen, it will save them time. If they tell others, it may save a lot of time, and possibly even put the company selling the new bogus machines out of business. Well maybe not out of business but at least lessen the damage they cause.

The moral of the story is, kick the tires, and look the horse in the mouth, otherwise you may just end up with a lemon. More importantly understand that new is not always better, and broken is not always the worst possible condition.

Best,
Ziggy

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join