It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATTENTION Patriots / Birthers / Teabaggers / Whomever - If you did get your Revolution, Then What?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by DeathShield
Last time i checked gay people couldn't visit their dying partners in the hospital

So what stops them - a sign at the hospital "No Gays Allowed" backed up buy security with a gay sniffing dog or the anti gay police patrolling the hospital running a Gayalyzer over everyone....

I guess you have never been to visit a sick friend in the hospital. In the intensive care ward, (which means you might die at any moment) unless you are immediate family, by blood or marriage you can't get in. Period

Ever hear of security guards? Nurses station?
You can't get by them. Your mate dies alone.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystrange

teabaggers? please grow up, fox news. i still can't believe they started saying that, it couldn't be less of a blatant verbal assault on a stereotyped group of people.

there doesn't really need to be a revolution, a few simple things and we have our country back.

smash the fed, print our own money.
end the unconstitutional war and bring our children home.
no foreign policy, no foreign entanglements starting after some point
re-ratify the 16th ammendment, overturn it
reinforce the 10th amendment, shattering the federal government.
war tax (as a deterrent to never be implemented)
publicly hang all war criminals, and publicly shame all treasonist politicians who voted for anything that works against or undermines the constitution, confiscate all funds of these people and families and place into a countrywide scholarship trust for college
have all foreign US bases troops' final assignments be to turn the base into a community building under the scrutiny of the civilians, and leave to never return.
no lobbyists
all civilians spend two years in the military after graduating highschool and before starting college, if you are physically unfit then uhh... you can teach constitutional law on the bases for the two years and read the newspaper to everyone or something... haha
oil companies and automobile industries WILL fade out, their final production will be some kind of universal modification to their products to recieve free energy
tesla's work will revived and we will never worry about energy needs again, and we will openly give this technology away to the rest of the world
smash the FDA and anything related to it, and personally overturn and revoke all insane laws and regulations within.
destroy all GM food, make it of national importance to procure all heirloom seeds and make any GM food/seeds completely illegal.

i think that's a good start if it were my first term as president.
as for running it by my allies, i just did, i don't need the approval of any other country except my own, and my own countrymen.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

Thanks Shagreen

Awesome!

Thanks for posting,
Ziggy

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DeathShield

First off I do agree that the drug laws and homophobia in the United States are very bad things and need to be changed, but isn't it amazing that you live in a country where one of the "crimes" you mention is public smoking bans?

I'll tell you what is a crime. It's a crime when the Uzbek government boils innocent people alive after falsified show trials just for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. It is a crime when the Iranian government kills protesters crying for democracy in cold blood. It is a crime when Kim Jong Il enslaves his entire country and forces them to resort to cannibalism or face his gulags. It is a crime when African dictators funnel economic stimulus into their private bank accounts while their people turn into walking skeletons from starvation. It is a crime when the Kyrgic government maims the hands of journalists that speak out against them so that they cannot write anymore. It is a crime when the Mexican government turns a blind eye to the Dress Killer, and hundreds of women lie raped and murdered in shallow graves.

These are crimes, these instances scream for revolution. These are the things that never, ever should be allowed to happen to human beings. However, these are things that are happening right now.

You can't smoke in a bar. And some Americans wonder why the rest of the world calls them a decadent out-of-touch people. I love America, honestly most of the whole world does, but wow do you shock me sometimes.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

Project Jimmy, you bring up a good point. Make sure our priorities are sane.

Me, I think that the US needs to veer away from this re-distribution of wealth tangent that Obama has put it on. Our goverment is much too big and growing fast. Yesterday I heard that the average goverment worker income is either $71,000 or $81,000 as compared to the private worker average of $41,000. That is way out of whack, my friends.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

You bring up very good points. Those places seem like hell. Why is it that America is not like that? Is it because we caused it?

Just wondering.

Are you saying that since we are better off than other countries, we should allow our government to do whatever it wants. I just cannot seem to get your point.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
[quote=ziggystrange]
You do realize that the reason the US keeps certain strategic bases around the world is in the event that there should be a need for fast deployment....

This unfortunately is a predominant mindset amongst Americans, i think because we've been indoctrinated into it. Lets put this in perspective: There are currently about 193 countries in the world. The US currently has military personnel in 144 of those countries, and 15 separate territories for a total of 159 regions. (This figure comes from the DoD's "Active Duty Military Personnel Strengths by Regional Area and by Country" report).
I often times hear the argument that we strategic emplacements to either "give us a fast response to attack" or more naively to "protect our world interests". However, faced with these figures, one can only conclude that our "interests" are indeed world domination through military superiority. Personally, I believe we should withdraw all personnel from around the world, downsize the military drastically, and put those servicemen and women back to work providing a legitimate function in our economy as civilians. Noting, however, that there is a very, very distinct difference between "isolationism" and "non-interventionism" (i.e. not being the worlds police). By returning to our fore-fathers ideal of Non-entangling alliances, we could resume open, Honest, free trade with all men of all countries....which can hardly be called isolationism, and indeed is the exact opposite of being isolated. Let our foreign policy be this: Do as We Do, because it works - NOT because we force you to.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I'm not saying at all that America has to share in any blame here. Most of the the things mentioned above have only a passing tie to the United States if any and those that do, I don't believe at all that there was any genuine intent to harm anyone on the Americans part. It's not really about guilt, but about the shared moral responsibility to help that comes with living in a global community. We live in a globalized world now, and I think it would be impossible to reverse that without another dark age.

As such, well think of it this way, would you really be focused on taking out the kitchen garbage while the house next door burned down? I'd hope not, and the same is, I believe, true in this case.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

all civilians spend two years in the military after graduating highschool....

I once contemplated this idea myself, and while it does seem outwardly to be a good idea, based on the best of intentions, it must be noted that through the eyes of liberty, any form of compulsory service in the military is equal to forced servitude. It's one of many ways for a governing body to say to it's people: "I own You......You are MY Property. Much like seatbelt and motorcycle helmet laws, although certainly a very wise idea to make use of these safety features, by no means should any level of government make their use compulsory; since they have No right, authority, or obligation to determine how I ensure my own well being.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by blood0fheroes

I believe that we should reduce our Military presence outside the US to the bare minimum.

However, a total pull out like you suggest, would be a tactical blunder, and a strategic mistake.

The context of the post you quoted is relevant.

A phased extraction of unnecessary troops is what I believe would work.

We allowed our GOV to put our troops there, when we remove them, we have to do it judiciously.

Ziggy

[edit on 3-1-2010 by ziggystrange]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
reply to post by OldDragger

Post-Post Script
I should have clarified and not directly attributed to you that you have engineered this thread solely for the purpose to paint those that wish to lay blame on President Obama. My purpose for such a tenacious stance is because how it is slated and I do understand you are trying to get those that attribute themselves to such movements to give you some feedback. Apologies to you.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by ownbestenemy]

[edit on 3-1-2010 by ownbestenemy]

Last time I looked, I was the OP not OlDragger.

So are you apologizing to the wrong guy?

Are you excluding him personally from your accusation, but restating?

Please clarify. When you accuse people of nefarious activity, you should either prove your point or eat your words.

Also if you are going to step back, and reconsider your position, it should be addressed to the person that you accused.

Ziggy

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I agree with this 100%, and to that end some friends and I have been hashing out the hypothetic details of how these three feats could be accomplished in as little as five years
(those being, 1.withdrawal from the nations of the world, 2.downsizing the military to have enough to defend our borders *which would once again be completely open, mind you...just defended from attack*, and 3.return the remainder of soldiers to the workforce, thereby turning a **leach on society into a productive member.

** I say A leach on society, but a necessary one - in that any member of society who does not contribute to economic growth i consider to be a leach. This goes the same for government officials, police, etc. Needed, yes. I call us leaches only in that we contribute nothing to the growth of the economy. What must be done is to reduce the "leaches" to a minimum level.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
So now after how many pages, you are going to start actually talk about what you have in the OP.

What a scam.

Post an OP and then you and your buds just attack and deride every poster that does not agree with you on your progressive stances.

Foolish foolish children, when will they ever grow up.

Welcome to the real world child.

There are a few things you must learn before you go out into it.

Maybe someday you will learn them.

But thanks for the idea for my latest thread where I give the commenters equal footing. Not post a venus flytrap for my own amusement.

Ignore is very close at hand.,

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by blood0fheroes

I agree with this 100%, and to that end some friends and I have been hashing out the hypothetic details of how these three feats could be accomplished in as little as five years
(those being, 1.withdrawal from the nations of the world, 2.downsizing the military to have enough to defend our borders *which would once again be completely open, mind you...just defended from attack*, and 3.return the remainder of soldiers to the workforce, thereby turning a **leach on society into a productive member.

** I say A leach on society, but a necessary one - in that any member of society who does not contribute to economic growth i consider to be a leach. This goes the same for government officials, police, etc. Needed, yes. I call us leaches only in that we contribute nothing to the growth of the economy. What must be done is to reduce the "leaches" to a minimum level.

Thank you for your response,

I agree that anyone that is parasitic should be put to good use.
No sure you intended it, but your post can be construed as including soldiers in that category.

If it's a grammatical misunderstanding, then I agree with you.

If it's not, then I disagree with that. We have to remember that soldiers, for better or worse, are following the orders of their Commanders when they do our dirty work at risk of life and limb.

Regards
Ziggy

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

That is my 22nd post.

You keep on saying this thread is a scam and making all kinds of spurious accusations.

Wake up.

Do you think just because you say the sky is purple, people are going to look up and see Barney?

You are a hypocrite.

Did you not declare last night on your thread that you were not going to respond to "Divisive Posts"?

You are projecting your character flaws on to me,
I have my own thank you.

Ziggy

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

No sure you intended it, but your post can be construed as including soldiers in that category.

Guilty as charged, and somehow i knew this would come out at one point or another in this discussion.... I myself have been in service to my country in the active duty army for the last ten years. What I am attempting to point out, is that like government officials, judges, police, myself and all soldiers are a Necessary leach on society in that all public services contribute no growth to the economy via producing a product while still consuming resources. This I feel is the strongest case for Small Government.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by blood0fheroes

Guilty as charged, and somehow i knew this would come out at one point or another in this discussion.... I myself have been in service to my country in the active duty army for the last ten years. What I am attempting to point out, is that like government officials, judges, police, myself and all soldiers are a Necessary leach on society in that all public services contribute no growth to the economy via producing a product while still consuming resources. This I feel is the strongest case for Small Government.

Thanks for the clarification.
I understand where you are coming from, and since you are a Soldier, let's leave it at that.

Thank you for your service.

Ziggy

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

And thank you for the intelligent civil discourse
It seems a rarity in most internet discussions

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
Wow, you have got some problems?

Yes I have a problem with those who represent a terroristic threat to our national security. Once you assume the role of treasonous domestic terrorism then all bets are off. Failure to surrender will likely mean certain death. I doubt excessive military force will be used however. Most of you are cowardly keyboard warriors who aren't manly enough to fight. Those who are foolhardy enough and crazy enough to take up arms will wimp-out shortly after their utilities, communications and transportation routes have been cut. The rest will pretty much have their choice between life with Muhammad in a supermax or an untimely death.

Originally posted by Clearskies
I guess a totalitarian, communistic N.W.O. is GREAT FOR YOU, huh????
They will reward your efforts for being a lap dog and give you riches from the dead, humans who tried to fight them?
SICK! (Also those who flagged you.)

First of all, you are delusional. What's more, the deranged views and so-called "policies" espoused by some of the "teabaggers" in this thread are at best totalitarian and at worst, completely insane.

Lastly the US isn't perfect, it never will be perfect, and everyone knows it. In the case of the "teabaggers" however the so-called cure is many orders of magnitude worse than any ailment it proposes to treat. Drink the wing-nut koolaid at your own risk.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by Lilitu]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Lilitu

Hi Lilitu.

If you think this crew has posted some whako stuff on this thread, you may want to stop by the other thread they started.

Link Here

That will give you a much closer look at what they "really" want, and how they are deciding your future in their new Utopia.

It's a real eye opener.

Ziggy

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join