It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Celebrities That Are Now Alive

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
just googled betty white (hey, keep your minds out of the gutter)
and apparently she's still alive
and all these links are like
"betty white killed by internet hoax"
and so on..
but..
..i saw the MSM "covering" her death
(not in the usual ambulance chasing way, so maybe they got duped also?)
but i know i saw it on the MSM
and that's supposed to be our source for 'reality'

/cues twilight zone music (bieber version)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: UNIT76

You really need to check out Cracked.com and see just how often (spoiler: all the time) MSM reports false or fake internet stories.

6 BS News Stories That Went Viral

4 Viral News Stores That Were BS (Part 19)

It has gotten to the point where almost once a week there is a column about CNN, MSNBC, FOX and everyone else reporting the same fake headline.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

thanks for the heads up
that makes a lot of sense actually
i've noticed the MSM 'news' shows becoming more & more like those vapid internet sites that have top-10 lists etc

..hard up for customers these days
..a world full of disenfranchised people

..perfect time for oprah to drop her next book on us

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: excelents
Interesting conversation in the Pub the other night and because I am a DJ we got onto the subject of music and one person asked me to pull the biographical data up on Roger Whittaker because they wanted to know for whatever reason when he had exactly died.

When I explained that he was still alive many around the table and as you can imagine they were the older customers all in unison exclaimed that he had died a long time ago due to various medical complications etc.

They were of course amazed when I showed them what the Wikipedia link had to say. That said I am aware that Wikipedia is not the be all and end all for 100% accuracy.

I thought Roger Whitaker die a long time ago,
here's a few that recently died that surprised me Jonathan Winters 2013 or 14,George Jones 2013 I really thought he was dead a long time ago especially since he was a hard drinker. Eli Wallach who I thought died back in the 70's? Shirley Temple I thought she died back in the 90's.There was one I saw the other day that completely floored me and now can't remember who it was.
I find it strange that our memories are deceiving us either that or something else is going on...

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: sepermeru
I've recently discovered that Malcolm McDowell is still alive. I have vivid memories of his death and coverage of it from about five years ago. Anyone else? I'm sure there's no one else I'm confusing with him, because I remember clearly discussion about the movie If... It may have been a dream.

I thought Malcolm McDowell died back in the late 80's,does anyone remember Ann Davis the maid from the Brady Bunch dying years ago?
I think Jonathan Winters shocked me because I would have bet my life he died back in the early 70's

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This is interesting, i am experiencing the same thing.

Oddly enough i was visiting my mother and saw someone on tv , told her i thought they were dead and she said "no?" .
I remember the James Earl Jones thing and thinking about darth Vader .

The Bob Dylan thing struck me the strongest.
For some reason i remember that people were talking about him being murdered by the government .
Cant remember specifics at this point because im pickled on pain meds for my tooth but ill check back in the morning.

SnF. WTF is going on here?

Omega

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TWILITE22

does anyone remember Ann Davis the maid from the Brady Bunch dying years ago?

yes..
..but i just got OUT of this mess
not sure i wanna jump straight back into it
(lucrative as it is...)

O_o

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TWILITE22

originally posted by: sepermeru

I've recently discovered that Malcolm McDowell is still alive. I have vivid memories of his death and coverage of it from about five years ago. Anyone else? I'm sure there's no one else I'm confusing with him, because I remember clearly discussion about the movie If... It may have been a dream.

I thought Malcolm McDowell died back in the late 80's,does anyone remember Ann Davis the maid from the Brady Bunch dying years ago?

I think Jonathan Winters shocked me because I would have bet my life he died back in the early 70's

Jonathan Winters troubles me also. I could've sworn he died in the '70s too. I have a memorary of saying he was way too young to die of a heart attack in his 40s. Apparently my memory is extremely faulty.

As far as Malcolm McDowall, there is the possibilty that you could be confusing him with Roddy McDowall, another British actor who I believe died in that timeframe.
edit on 20-10-2014 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

right I watched him all the time on television especially the movie "it a mad mad world "and could have sworn he was long gone.My father would have known but hes not with us anymore... if he show up I know something is going on!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I haven't had this happen much, although I am sad to report that Renee Zellweger's face up and died and they had to put a new one on.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

While that may explain a few, how do you explain those before the internet was producing hoaxes? There are so many posts on here from people that saw news stories from 70s, 80s, and 90s. I doubt those were internet hoaxes.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Donkey_Dean

While that may explain a few, how do you explain those before the internet was producing hoaxes? There are so many posts on here from people that saw news stories from 70s, 80s, and 90s. I doubt those were internet hoaxes.

They were definitely NOT internet hoaxes.

Merely mis-informed reporting that would have made an internet hoax if the internet existed.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Steve Jobs & Robin Williams didn't die, they just went to their underground bunkers. They'll be back.

*waves hand*
These are not the Celebriti you are looking for.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Richard Simmons is the next "Celeb" on the chopping block. Or did he go already?

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
My first post here. It isn't the reason I came to ATS (long time lurker, like since 09) or got into conspiracy theories. But the first anomaly or anything was when I was about 12.

Me and my friend left his house, checking the time on his kitchen clock, and it said 12:15 and we walked to my house (~20 minute walk) at 12:10 5 minutes before we left.

Our first thoughts of course was his kitchen clock had been wrong so we called his brother (only one home at the time) and he said the kitchen clock said 12:10. He was also surprised to find out we had left and thought we must have gotten a ride since he had just talked to us 20 minutes ago. We had talked to him/hung out with him about 30 minutes before we left, which if it had been at 12:15 would have been at 11:45. If it was only 12:10 now it would been only 25 minutes ago making him about right.

We tripped out on it for a while but decided not to talk about it with either of our parents as they would just throw it aside as us being kids.

Edit: I realized I thought the original topic of this had been the "weirdest thing to ever happen to you" which had turned into the dead celebrity thing. Haha my mistake, but still this was the first and probably weirdest thing to ever happen to me in this category. Though it seems to be a bit off topic.
edit on 11/28/2014 by daver112 because: Mistake

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Donkey_Dean

I've noticed this too! I swear I read that a few SciFi Hollywood writers over the years had died. Only to find out later they were still alive, even with different personalities.

Parallel Universes is one idea, time travel back to "save" them is another. A third possibility on the creepy end of the spectrum, is that their bodies were snagged by Walk-Ins, or other souls/spirits. This is supposedly a very rare phenomenon but, like others have mentioned, the Entertainment Industry seems chock-full of dead-then-alive people.

A fourth possibility, is that these Hollywood folks with flat-lining careers, deliberately put out Press Releases faking their deaths, in order to revive public interest in them and their careers.

edit on 29-11-2014 by MKMoniker because: clarity

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: daver112

this is the thread you were talking about

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Some strange reactions since I posted in this thread a few days ago. First, a pre-written obit (which is standard for famous people) for Kirk Douglas was sent to PEOPLE - with the admonishment "Do not publish!" So ... PEOPLE published it - although Kirk Douglas is still very much alive.

www.usatoday.com...
KIRK DOUGLAS' OBIT PUBLISHED BY MISTAKE

Then, a few days later, after Burt Reynolds announced that he was auctioning off his collection of Western/Old West/Native American art, guns, and belt buckles (as well as some sports memorabilia, paintings, clothing and movie props), someone started an Internet rumor that he too was dead.

en.mediamass.net...
BURT REYNOLDS DEATH HOAX

www.juliensauctions.com...
AUCTION OF ITEMS FROM BURT REYNOLDS' LIFE AND CAREER
Dec. 11 & 12, 2014 - Las Vegas, Nevada
The Auction Book can be flipped thru on-line at this site.

(NOTE: Some strange people went to a lot of time and trouble to try and manipulate public thought, to "logically explain" how some Hollywood celebrities could be perceived of as Dead - when they are very much alive.

(Methinks their over-reaction to over-explain probably verifies some of the stranger theories already expressed in this thread ...)
edit on 6-12-2014 by MKMoniker because: clarify

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

I remember Kirk Douglas dying many years ago, so was surprised to see the death hoax story.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Donkey_Dean

Or it was an incorrect report.
Or you just remembered it wrong.
Best to start with the smaller explainations.

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join