It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Celebrities That Are Now Alive

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

doorhandle

Donkey_Dean
reply to post by UnBreakable

I also remember Kirk Douglas dying. Weird.

Another one from just today, I thought Rowdy Roddy Piper was gone but he is still alive as well.

I think a lot of these are just mistaken identity, I always get Kirk Douglas, Charlton Heston and Burt Lancaster mixed up...the latter two are dead, Heston recently in 2008.

Agreed, that could be it. Those three actors from the '50's and early '60's are pretty interchangeable as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Didn't Shirley Temple die awhile back i thought, now i hear she died just recently

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Donkey_Dean
I was certain that Ron Jeremy died last year. Today I saw that he is alive and well.
edit on 21-1-2014 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

Wait.... I remember a news report that big ron had turned stiff too

Seriously though I quite clearly remember reading about ron passing away....

He is still alive????

Korg..

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
OK- this is a repeat thread and the Billy Graham death issue and that has been solved. He was very ill, maybe heart attack about 10 years ago, and it was reported on AP that he was critically ill. Some papers took that to the next step and mistakenly reported he died when he hadn't. He actually recovered, but after that he retired and handed over his work to his son. Think that is the source of this confusion. I read this explanation on ATS before.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Interesting conversation in the Pub the other night and because I am a DJ we got onto the subject of music and one person asked me to pull the biographical data up on Roger Whittaker because they wanted to know for whatever reason when he had exactly died.

When I explained that he was still alive many around the table and as you can imagine they were the older customers all in unison exclaimed that he had died a long time ago due to various medical complications etc.

They were of course amazed when I showed them what the Wikipedia link had to say. That said I am aware that Wikipedia is not the be all and end all for 100% accuracy.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by excelents

I used to like Whitaker's music at one point. Glad to hear he's still kicking.

What may cause some of these false memories are rags such as the National Enquirer and Star and other faux journalistic outlets. When they hear someone cough they go to press with front page stories about deadly illnesses, doorsteps of death, and the grim reaper atop someone's shoulders at the same time the person is probably enjoying a nice Indian buffet. The only reason to do this is to sell papers, but what it also does is put false memories into people's minds.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Ok I know something is up... I just read again about how Casey Kasem is "near death" but now, all of a sudden, it's Parkinson's Disease... WTF? I seriously wish I had linked even 1 of the seemingly 50 articles saying it was cancer that I read in October... Now his kids are starting some sort of foundation called "Casey Cares". I'm seriously SO confused.
edit on 18-3-2014 by Piper96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Didn't Casey Kasem host the New Years Eve ball drop event a few years back and his voice was off? I thought I remembered hearing something about throat cancer. I can't seem to find any online reference to his hosting this event? Anyone?

edit on 18-3-2014 by recycled because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

excelents
Interesting conversation in the Pub the other night and because I am a DJ we got onto the subject of music and one person asked me to pull the biographical data up on Roger Whittaker because they wanted to know for whatever reason when he had exactly died.

When I explained that he was still alive many around the table and as you can imagine they were the older customers all in unison exclaimed that he had died a long time ago due to various medical complications etc.

They were of course amazed when I showed them what the Wikipedia link had to say. That said I am aware that Wikipedia is not the be all and end all for 100% accuracy.

i remember hearing that he had died as well strange you cannot trust anything these days

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Could it be that you, and me for a minute there, are confusing the death of Dick Clark with Casey Kasem?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

retsdeeps1
OK- this is a repeat thread and the Billy Graham death issue and that has been solved. He was very ill, maybe heart attack about 10 years ago, and it was reported on AP that he was critically ill. Some papers took that to the next step and mistakenly reported he died when he hadn't. He actually recovered, but after that he retired and handed over his work to his son. Think that is the source of this confusion. I read this explanation on ATS before.

Sorry, but like every other "source" supplied, this theory just doesn't cover the wide range of people with very clear memories of a televised funeral. We need to find actual clips from the funeral most of us remember seeing and remember what evangelist actually died.

White roses, right? If you remember the funeral -- and people report it being anywhere from twenty years ago to less than that because they weren't even born yet -- do you remember white roses, a closeup on the screen?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

recycled
Didn't Casey Kasem host the New Years Eve ball drop event a few years back and his voice was off? I thought I remembered hearing something about throat cancer. I can't seem to find any online reference to his hosting this event? Anyone?

edit on 18-3-2014 by recycled because: (no reason given)

I'm trying the Casey Kasem question ("Whatever happened to Casey Kasem", same way I phrase the Graham question, with no hint that I know the answer so as not to lead them) on people lately, and so far, General Normal People At Random (my scientific sampling are the well right good) are sure he died. As with Graham, people will become agitated and insist they clearly remember his death.

Make of it what you will. All I know is that we seem to have uncovered a Thinking Alive People Are Dead tendency that oddly seems to focus on certain people. A lot of people have been diagnosed with terminal this or that but 2 out of 3 people still wouldn't say they clearly remember a death or funeral, so why it attaches to these particular people is the most interesting part to me, whether it's a human brain thing or a human brain interacting with a strange universe thing.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Didnt this happen with Eddie Murpy?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by knightsofhonor

nope, just his career

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Strangely enough since I'm not American, in my mind Gerald Ford is still alive but I know for a fact he is not.
Now, if Chris Farley, Phil Hartman or River Phoenix turn back up, I am going to scream!

And about Billy Graham, I heard he was still alive today but very ill and I remember it was Jerry Falwall who died.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I remember in the late 80's or early 90's watching a film with Mickey Rooney in it, about Christmas time, where he was a very old man in the film. Someone at that time told me they had seen on the news he had died, though I didn't see the report myself. I remember feeling awkward watching a dead actor in a movie and not being able to suspend disbelief and enjoy the movie. That one could be chalked up to heresay.

But this one is really weird. I always thought you guys were crazies who were just confabulating things. But reading through your posts, I remember Walter Conkrite being announced as dead in 2006. I watched a huge special on him on CBS. I know it was 2006 because I watched it with a girlfriend that I had in 2006, in an apartment that I had in 2006. I remember feeling sad that he had died, as he was a childhood icon. Now, looking around the net it looks like he died in 2009. Very strange. None of the other life events in my memory of his dying match up with 2009.

And really doing an intensive search, I found this link: www.cbsnews.com...

The article that was there is now deleted and all that remains is a search index link. But, this shows I'm not crazy, and it's not parallel universes leaking. There is a cover-up underway for some other reason.

Maybe they are using life extension technologies on these people who have enough money to pay for them, on the condition that they fake their own death. Then they have to cover it up by deleting all references on search indexes once they are accidently recognized in public some point after their "death", and once all references are deleted, they can again fake their death.

This is huge. Reminds me of the comedy film "Death Becomes Her":

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Ok, Here's mine for the day.
Band Aid founder's daughter Peaches Geldof dead at age 25

I recall an article about Peaches dying last year.
I saw the other thread tonight, started thinking about this old thread, then an hour later....bam! this pops up.

Most likely it's in my head, but damn it if I don't recall this one as real.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
i know i heard that Casey Kasem died awhile back,now i see this,LOS ANGELES (AP) - A judge on Monday ordered an investigation into the whereabouts of Casey Kasem after an attorney for the ailing radio personality's wife said the former "Top 40" host had been removed from the country.Now i know i'm not crazy but i did hear that he died months ago.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Maybe this topic belongs in it's own thread. But, I believe Jimmy Hendrix committed suicide. I don't think he died of choking on his own vomit as the European medical authorities has stated. I saw a documentary on Hendrix a few years ago. In the documentary, it stated Hendrix died in Eric Burden(of The Animals)'s hotel room. There was a large amount of drugs there. The manager of Burden had informed his client that Hendrix died in the room. Supposedly, Burden, his girlfriend and manager went back into the room to clear it of the drugs before the police arrived. They then phoned for medical assistance to attempt to revive Hendrix. The local police asked Burden about the huge amounts of liquor and prescription drugs in the room. Burden told the investigators that he and Hendrix were collaborating on songwriting together. Then there is a note written by Hendrix that indicated it that might be a suicide note. Burden insists it was lyrics to a song that they were working together on. The words on the final note were too flowery for a Hendrix song in my opinion.

edit on 13-5-2014 by RossWellOldMexico because: correct grammar

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: elee37

maybe we should try to compile a definitive list of well known celebs etc that we know have died to make some sort of record? That way we can make sure they stay dead!

I could have sworn James Earl Jones died years ago because the dude is darth vader! Heath Ledger, Whitney Houston and MJ are still dead though, right?

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join