It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Celebrities That Are Now Alive

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Over time people have offered very good explanations for some of these experiences, both in this thread and in other, similar threads.
Did they make any difference? No.
Which makes me doubt the sincerity of some people's quest for answers.

A good friend of mine whose intelligence and intellectual honesty I admire greatly explained some of these ocurrences with the fact that people actually remember their *thoughts* and mental images in reaction to any given event.
I think she explained it on this site, and in more detail also here.
Maybe not all such events can be explained this way, but a great majority can.

I am sure it will fall on deaf ears, though. It has so far.

edit on 16-5-2011 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by griff2010
Can someone confirm that Ernest Borgnine, star of loads of stuff but I remember him most for Airwolf, is dead.....

As on Wikpiedia makes no mention of this despite me seeing reports of his demise, I remember talking about it with my mates down the pub!

Dai

I also remember his death, it was definitely reported on the news, one of those familiar faces that makes you feel a little sad when you know they've died and yet... he's alive apparently.

Weird.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Are you #ing retarded?

How high are you?

You are not special, you can't time travel. However you experience this when you are high on '___'.
A celebrity being dead is just an internet phenomenon. For instance someone posted on twitter that Zach Braff (past lead actor on Scrubs) had died which resulted in mass twitter and facebook outbreak, but that doesn't mean it was true. In result Zach Braff released a video on youtube stating that he was not dead and let his friend from Scrubs which plays Turk sing a song.

Please, you are using the religion argument (you can't provide that god does/doesn't exist) which gets used every time a religion gets attacked. Please, for the love of god, get out and let ATS be the old ATS which was better back then.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Umm....I specifically said previously that I do not believe this to have anything to do with time travel. I do not use drugs. I was not on drugs when these things happened. I have never once said anything about God or religion in this thread nor have I alluded to anything religious in relation to this matter.. I have not made myself out to be special or said that I have any super powers. And I'm pretty certain I'm not retarded, just for the record. Also, I never heard about the Scrubs guy. I don't watch TV and I'm not fond of youtube either.

Now, in spite of Pankaka's tirade:

I remember Johnny Cash NOT being dead -- because in my previous job I scoured the news every single day for all manner of information and never saw that in the news. It's simply inconceivable that it would have been missed.

I remember Meatloaf dying for sure. He did have an accident, I know, but he specifically died in that accident.

I remember Patrick Swayze dying in an aircraft accident, which again is now only a non-fatal accident.

I too recall Nelson Mandela having died -- that was *ages* ago, at least 30 years now.

Gary Coleman definitely died and the mentioned headlines are also a specific memory.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Gary Coleman IS dead.

Also...years ago I managed a candy store. EVERY SINGLE DAY...SEVERAL PEOPLE would look at the Pop Rocks and say "Those killed Mikey from the Life Cereal commercial".

Mikey is not dead.

I would correct them and they would SWEAR that he is dead. HUNDREDS of people would agree on this.

Those people are WRONG. It's not a time slip. It's not an alternate dimension. It's not a divergent time line crossing over. It is FAULTY MEMORY.

I sincerely doubt that millions of people experienced an event that has never been proven to even exist, for the SOLE reason of learning of that time lines Mikey being dead.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazerTron
Gary Coleman IS dead.

Gary Coleman is DEAD? What you talking about Willis?
Dang...I like that little dude.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This is really strange to me. Lisa "left eye" Lopes from the group TLC is still dead, but after reading how she died it's completely different to how I heard it. The date is off as well.

She died in car wreck, April 2002. I remember her dying in a house fire during a party in 2001. I know this because I heard the news on the radio where I worked, and I left there in December of 2001. I recall thinking that it was a waste, because even though it's not my scene of music, I could appreciate her talent. I don't remember anything from 2002 about her, let alone a car wreck.

This would have happened not long after 9/11, because I heard that on the radio at the same workplace as well and I only worked there for six months.

I am a little wierded out right now.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Lisa left Eye Lopez was involved in a house fire...I think she set fire to her boyfriends home after an argument or something. It was a huge news story, but she did not die. She died in a car accident as you mentioned.

Again, faulty memory.

I will point out, that NONE of the people being posted about in this thread that are dead are going to come back to life. You know why? Because this thread is recorded evidence of us checking and stating facts about their condition. Yeah, there are "I heard years ago that this person died but they aren't dead" but there WILL NEVER be a "this person is dead. Yes, I just checked, they are dead" and then later that person is alive again. This is because time slips don't happen.

Again...it's easy to show that this might be real. Just send a link to a news story or detailed discussion about a dead celebrity that is no longer dead.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I would have sworn that lazy eye Lopez died in a plane wreck in the Bahamas. I think that we all just have information overload. I am a news junkie and I have a sneaking suspicion that the constant influx of mostly useless information is taking its toll.

I am probably dropping IQ points as each day goes by.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
You're confusing her with Aaliyah (or however it was spelled).

See...again...faulty memory...no need for super powers or portals through the space/time continuum.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

Seriously, its just the media hyping some vague rumor they heard in order to bring in some views.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LazerTron

You're assuming I didn't already know about the previous house fire which she started. I did. This other house fire was accidental during a gathering in late 2001, not the previous fire she started as revenge. I knew she was dead, but there was no mention of a car wreck when I heard, just a fire, and like I said, the dates are completely wrong. I have to remember my dates for my resume since I moved around a lot back then and need to keep track of everything.
edit on 16/5/2011 by invetro because: Grammar.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Obviously, I meant long before his demise in this timeline. Why is this so difficult for you to understand? You really are making an nuisance of yourself. This could be a nice, peaceful, and happy thread, but you're here casting aspersions on all the posters. It's not nice and it's totally unnecessary.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I'm not trying to be mean...

Again...in THIS THREAD we have the ability to prove your concept...

From now on...whenever you hear that a celebrity has died...post about it here, we'll all check it out, discuss the sad occasion. Later, if that person turns up alive, then we'll have some evidence of a time slip or whatever...

However, in the history of the internet, NONE of these conversations exist. There is not a single instance that you can point to of someone being dead...discussed on timestamped forums by several people...and then that person shows up alive years later.

You guys have named dozens of celebrities that you thought were dead and were sad about...well...direct me to an internet post where you talked about this death. What? You NEVER bothered to do that? You have ONLY your memory to go on? Exactly

HEAR YE HEAR YE: JACKIE COOPER (OUR GANG, SUPERMAN) IS DEAD

See how simple that was???

If he turns up alive in a year or so, I'll have given some evidence to your concept. But he won't be coming back. Because he's dead.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
LazerTron it seems you are not fully understanding the entire concept of this. Now I personally don't have any experiences of remembering somebody being dead who is now alive. However, i'm not gonna discredit others that make such claims, especially since several of these accounts seem pretty detailed and certain people are adament about their memories. Now I do believe many of the occurrences mentioned in this thread are just mix-ups and confusions. But I also believe certain cases hold credence.

Now to help clear things up a little for you, it doesn't matter what is documented here, or anywhere else on the internet because the anomaly being discussed doesn't involve a celebrity acutally physically coming back from the dead. It's more so about timeline slips, or some may consider it a "glitch in the matrix." Now do not get this confused with time travel, as nobody in this thread is claiming to travel through time. Now the concept of a time slip is when somebody may have somehow been shifted into an alternate timeline where everything is the same, they will not even realize they have been shifted. Everything is exactly the same on this timeline, however, for some reason one person that had died on the previous timeline is now alive in this new timeline. This is most likely from some kind of flaw in the design, an error of some sorts. Another explanation could also be that maybe the other timeline actually was different, yet when the person slipped into the new timeline, their memory of the old timeline was changed to reflect the new timeline, and the death of said person is just a lingering memory that slipped through from the old timeline.

See if a death is documented here and a person slips, the timeline they slip into with the person being alive is not going to have anything documented about it. Now, there can also be other explanations, such as that person not slipping, but perhaps something shifting on the timeline that they're already a part of which altered memories and events that have occurred, but some people still have the old memory, or something of the sort. This would also cause any documentation of the event to disappear as well. There's other angles to look at it, I just wanted to give you more of an idea of the concept.

You really have to believe in time slips or alternate parallel universes, etc. and understand how they work to fully grasp what may be going on in these instances. I can see if you don't have any belief in those sorts of things, then stuff like this is just impossible to swallow, and it can be debated endlessly. But it just comes down to a matter of opinions and beliefs.

If you're curious or just wanted get more insight into the idea, here's a good time slip thread to check out:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 20-5-2011 by Troublesome because: Spelling Error

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
So...you're suggesting that, as the hunch goes...some glitch in the universe could switch some or all of us from one time line to another? And we wouldn't notice because most things would be the same.

Well...you'd HAVE to use the "fading memory" escape clause to explain away why the only differences between two time lines are tiny things like a C level comedian being alive or dead. Surely there would be cases of Kennedy having survived the assassination, Russia becoming the dominant force on earth, a time line where America's fight for independence failed...yet the only differences we can tell in these time switches are dead character actors and such? Aside from needing "fading memory" as an excuse for why no one would notice big changes, I see no reason why that would happen. It's a phenomenon that exists solely to cover the tracks of an alleged event that has no evidence to support it's existence.

I will admit...I have fallen victim to this myself. Someone mentioned Billy Connolly before. I was watching a movie of his recently and my girlfriend commented "I thought he was dead" and I responded "so did I, but then I saw him in X-Files". Keep in mind we both came to this conclusion before we met each other. It's a weird thing that happens...but I see no reason why we'd need to explain it with an unproven hunch.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

That's exactly what I remember hearing when she died. Spooky.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Due to the endless possibles there could be two time lines that were so close you would never know the difference. In time line A there is a tree in a forest a hundred miles from the nearest person but in time line B that tree is 6 inches to the left. That difference and only that difference is what makes time line A different than time line B. Now if a person slipped for A to B they would never know it. OK, now we have two time lines we will call C and D. Now in C there is a house on a street in a small town but in D there is no house there. Now a person that lives on the other side of the world slips from C to D is not going to know or care about a house 10,000 miles away. A person could even slip from A to B to C and then end up in D and never have a clue anything thing happened. I think that most slips are like this. The difference small it is never known and for the most part meaningless. When you look at it like this then everyone one the planet could have slipped and least once if not more and never be aware of it. A person could slip thousands of time though out their life and never be the wiser about it.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I don't know why, but this thread reminds me of the robot chicken episode where the celebrities are really lizards and they do all of this crazy stuff to keep in the eye of the public. Makes me wonder if these celebs are really aliens or something to that effect...lol..just a buzzed thought while drinking a big o' wine..

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
After 41 pages of reading this thread *(whew*) I have to say that I too remember Billy Graham dying a few years back- on the MSM news. Anyways, that being said, I believe that this is due to the government screwing around with time technology with what started with the Philadelphia experiements. They have created so many loops and slips, blips, and back slids that most people dont notice it. However, for us to catch that these particular people are still alive is remarkable.

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join