It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Celebrities That Are Now Alive

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NTSFR3

It is fairly common for the press to actually print both versions of election papers and/or other similar events and just run with the one that is accurate at the given time , so the other paper must have been mixed up somehow . I know it seems like a waste but I had a lecture about that one day.

I can not explain the title changing on You like that later thou

[edit on 6-1-2010 by Thill]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I heard on the news that the ice skater, Nancy Kariigan had died.

I looked her name up on the internet and never one link to her death.

It seems she is still alive.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

If you're into quantum physics as much as I am, you should check out quantum immortality, which goes right alongside the many-worlds interpretation. I fully believe in this. How else do you explain people who survive things such as a shotgun blows to the head, decapitation, and car crashes such as yours (other than "they're miracles!")? As one of my favorite teachers said, "With the universe constantly expanding, anything with a possibility of zero will happen." A tad off topic, but whatever, I get excited.

*Whoops, I reread, and you kind of mentioned quantum immortality. Oh well

[edit on 1/6/2010 by cordonna]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Billy Graham died. If he is alive now, then it is a miracle. He died.

Ernest Borgnine, he died. If he isn't dead now, another miracle.

I have heard about "Fish" (Abe Bagoda) dying on 2 different occassions, only to find he is still alive some time later. He is supposed to be dead, too, but i saw him on a talk show 2 days ago (Today, filmed live).

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Well, take it for what it's worth, but there are conspiracies out there saying that other beings dispose of important people, then replace them.

Look at Alec Baldwin or Denis Leary or George W. and Dick Cheney; all four of these people have had major personality shifts in recent years from their well documented behaviors prior.

Demolition Man is a prime example of how Denis used to behave, compared to the truck shilling TV star who now only seems concerned about padding his pockets and Rescue Me. The Daily Show a while back called George and Dick both on their complete reversals of their ideas on a war in the Mid East. Dick made his infamous 'mired' comment, and Bush was against it as well.

I personally don't even like to think of mind control satellites or that sort of thing, but imagine what kind of a situation are we really in if the movie scenario played out to its gory conclusion. Yep. You have non humans charting the course of Human politics and history, and they are completely incompetent at everything except fully blowing their cover.

How does a dead celebrity rise from the dead? You replace them with someone who can look exactly like them. I wonder if there is documented (lightly) evidence of personality changes in Congress?

As the Republicans gained their last majority, there was a shift in attitudes, behaviors, and this trend has only gained in momentum. Ever wonder why there are so many stupid people in charge? What if certain ETs were evil, but just as stupid and arrogant as the rich people we deal with every day?

Then you have our governments getting in bed with these people, only then over time the EBEs start replacing key political and social figures with incompetent fools who just so happen to have just enough tech savvy to either cloak or shapeshift, but know nothing of politics or how to properly stage a world takeover. Then add a dash of fear (9-11, or the undie bomber) and under an environment of fear you can subliminally and directly control the course of political and social events as you continue to replace or outcast those who won't play ball.

This is all connected. If an operative or potential operative dies or gets too blatant in their activities, just re-establish a clone, robot, or operative and act like the funeral and proceedings never happened.

I know this sounds far fetched, but 500 years ago if Norm or Billy Graham showed up after reports spread that they died, they would be dead again real quick with a stake in the heart or worse (even if there were good reasons that they weren't really dead).

We are being lied to and taken advantage of in every aspect of our societies, and the proof is all around us.

By the by, another potential means of telling if the person is compromised, is a unhealthy fascination with the color black (like Bernie Madoff), getting a sick feeling every time you are near the person, and strange postures and inconsistent social behaviors. Sounds too much like profiling to me, but keep an eye open and you might just see a few things that make the movie "They Live" hit closer to home than you could have ever imagined.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Koka

See this one about Ernest flips me out. I remember seeing it on the local news and a cable news channel. He was reported dead. They talked about his real name being something else and showed a few clips of his stuff. I remember talking to my wife about it. When I just asked her about it she recalled me discussing his death, but doesn't recall the news.

I even remember going on line to look up info on him because I wasn't familiar with his work but knew he was prolific at one time.

The rest of the names I wrote off as fuzzy memory or not paying close attention. This one is one I remember with 100% clarity.

Weird

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Didn't read all pages, just the first few.

But WAUW! Within the last year I saw a mythbuster episode testing a sniper myth(Killing through the scope of another sniper).
First time I saw, I remember that they concluded that it WAS possible for this to occur. Then some months later I saw a re-run of the same episode, and lo and behold now it wasn't possible anymore.

I am not discounting that I could be remembering incorrectly, but was still weird.

A friend suggested that it could have been a re-test of the myth.

But now that I see it happen elsewhere, might be something to it

Edit: Maybe if someone feels inclined, make a homepage with death announcements and such, to keep track of it. Just an idea

[edit on 7-1-2010 by scratchmane]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
ive noticed to since you mentioned it.

what gives??

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by seethelight

Despite the fact that I took a dim view of your scorn for this thread, you seem to have failed to notice that I proposed some rather mundane, "to err is human" explanations for these events.

I have had my share of these types of experiences, and although the "bleed-through from similar but different multidimensional universes" theory intrigues the imagination and adds an element of surreality to one's otherwise boring life, I'm not willing to say that you can "prove" or "disprove" anything on the basis of these anecdotes.

Still, having these discontinuities provokes strange thoughts and emotions that lead to questioning what we know and how we know the things we believe, and that is not a bad thing. Strong convictions make convicts of us all, as Robert Anton Wilson wrote (and he IS dead, isn't he?).

You can add to my list of dead/alive celebrities Jack Palance. But I never heard that Billy Graham died, or Tiger Woods and his wife. It seems that when it comes to "celebrity news" we can trust MSM news sources no more than we can trust them to accurately report any other type of story--not a big surprise there, eh? And now we have the internet and the ever-fallible wikipedia, that bastion of the democratization of information, to throw even more uncertainty into the mix.

The missing/not missing mundane object experience is a bit more unsettling, and seems to happen to me a lot. And there have been plenty of times I have had the fact that these objects are not in their expected places confirmed by other people, too, only to find said item reappear exactly where we had not found it minutes or even days later. Could it be that we are all constantly hypnotized by the repetitive and mind-numbing banality of our daily lives, and so susceptible to auto-suggestion, that when I insist that something isn't where I thought it was (even though it actually is there) the people close to me succumb to my delusion and fail to see it because I say it isn't there? Perhaps.

The problem of course is that none of this is provable in the scientific sense, unless one video-taped every moment of their life and then took the time to review the tape when these anomalies pop up. Or I suppose if we had a camera handy and took pictures or video of the state of the area where we expected the item to be so we could later confirm the reality of our perceptions. But naysayers such as yourself seethelight would always object that the video was faked, the pictures were altered, or that they simply prove nothing.

Personally, I think those experiences that add wonder to one's life should be cherished. I don't think that this discussion is doing anyone any harm, but maybe I'm wrong. It makes me sad to think that you are so certain of your "facts" and your perceptions that the very idea we are uncertain of ours disturbs you enough to make you angry. Have you considered decaf?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NTSFR3

I loved your story, but something about your pictures disturbs me. Why in pictures #1 and #3 do they appear to be Photoshopped?

Clearly there is some white lines on either side of Bush's hand making the "V" for victory sign, and clearly there part of the newspaper that has been blocked or cropped out above the "Dead Heat" headline in picture #3.

Are you trying to pull a fast one on us here? If not, what is your explanation for these anomalies in your pictures, hmmmmm?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

Originally posted by AlphaPrime
The Bobcat Goldthwait thing has really thrown me for a loop. I was certain that he died because they were mentioning that all his yelling throughout the years contributed to his stress levels and heart attack that followed...

About missing time I dont know... but last night I was surfing on line and then I had this weird wave coming over me - it was almost like a sound a plane would make flying very high like a doppler effect. It lasted a good 30 seconds and I was IMing a friend at the time and I said that it was very difficult to type while I was hearing this sound... Then I had news of the 7.1 earthquake in the Solomons an hour later... Connection?

That was Sam Kinnison that died.. Both were similar, Bobcat is still around, albeit a bit less loud these days.

But Kinnison died when his car was struck by a drunk driver. Bobcat reportedly died from a heart attack. Although they both screamed during their acts, they were unique and different from each other, and Bobcat died a couple of years after Kinnison, as I recall it.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by cordonna
reply to post by Korg Trinity

If you're into quantum physics as much as I am, you should check out quantum immortality, [edit on 1/6/2010 by cordonna]

That's why I was so excited when I read this thread because it all came into focus.

These experiences seem to correlate quite well with the Theory of Quantum Immortality, wouldn't you say?

All the best,

Korg T,

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Korg Trinity]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by without_prejudice
reply to post by NTSFR3

I loved your story, but something about your pictures disturbs me. Why in pictures #1 and #3 do they appear to be Photoshopped?

Clearly there is some white lines on either side of Bush's hand making the "V" for victory sign, and clearly there part of the newspaper that has been blocked or cropped out above the "Dead Heat" headline in picture #3.

Are you trying to pull a fast one on us here? If not, what is your explanation for these anomalies in your pictures, hmmmmm?

Yes, I guess I should have explained that in my post. I did block out the name of my home town and indication of where I'm from to keep myself anonymous. Thanks for pointing that out though - And by the way, I don't pull "fast ones" - only slow ones

[edit on 7-1-2010 by NTSFR3]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thill
reply to post by NTSFR3

It is fairly common for the press to actually print both versions of election papers and/or other similar events and just run with the one that is accurate at the given time , so the other paper must have been mixed up somehow . I know it seems like a waste but I had a lecture about that one day.

I can not explain the title changing on You like that later thou

[edit on 6-1-2010 by Thill]

Remember how close the election was in 2000 and all of the controversy surrounding it?

Here is a statement (from this site) that addresses why my hometown newspaper printed the two papers, and then released the one that said Gore had won first:

"Election night 2000 was a cliffhanger that went on for weeks. Many people went to bed that night thinking that Al Gore had won, only to discover in the morning that George W. Bush had been declared the winner. In fact, the election was simply too close to call."

I remember Peter Jennings apologizing for reporting that Gore had won the election before it was actually verified. One of the news channels on election night, I can't remember which one, had jumped the gun and reported that Gore had won and then all of the rest of them jumped on the band wagon and did the same. That explained it for me at the time, as far as the two newspapers being printed that day - one saying Gore had won, which was put out first, and the other saying that Bush had won. As far as how the one that said "IT'S GORE" changed to read "A DEAD HEAT" is the mystery at hand -

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by NTSFR3

Originally posted by without_prejudice
reply to post by NTSFR3

Yes, I guess I should have explained that in my post. I did block out the name of my home town and indication of where I'm from to keep myself anonymous. Thanks for pointing that out though - And by the way, I don't pull "fast ones" - only slow ones

[edit on 7-1-2010 by NTSFR3]

OK, I can understand that. Some might be more suspicious...

Seethelight's talk of "proof" has really got me thinking this morning. In your case, if you actually had some photos of the "It's Gore/Dead Heat" paper in its original state, and we were bleeding or smearing through multidimensional reality as some have suggested, would that be "proof" that your story is "true?" Or, would it be "proof" your story is a hoax? After all, if the paper changed, wouldn't the photo of the paper in its original "It's Gore" state have changed along with the paper itself?

It's really about what we think we know, or, what we believe. How do we know that what we think we know is true? It's all perception.

Perception, to single-perspective conscious beings such as we are, is Reality. And yet science shows us that perception is a very unreliable indicator of reality. On my desk in front of me right now is my blue lighter. Except it is not my blue lighter at all. Property is a fiction, a state of being for inanimate objects that might be provable in a court of law, but not by the laws of science. And it is actually every color except blue, blue being the color it is not, and so it reflects blue light away from it, which is what we see. We perceive what it is not, and perversely tell ourselves that that is what it is. I guess we could prove scientifically that it is a lighter, until it runs out of fuel, whereupon it becomes trash.

Even our small corner of the universe, or multiverse, as we could also call it, is larger than we know. Larger than we can know, I think. It is sufficiently large that diametrically-opposed perceptions and mutually-exclusive points of view co-exist simultaneously, even in the same room. Even in the same person, sometimes! Which in some sense means everyone is right, even when they disagree, so long as they are "true to themselves" in what they say and do.

Unless we are all truly hypnotized. In that case, I guess, all bets are off!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by scratchmane

Edit: Maybe if someone feels inclined, make a homepage with death announcements and such, to keep track of it. Just an idea

[edit on 7-1-2010 by scratchmane]

Doesn't help if the facts themselves change.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Thill

After reading that linked thread, I realized that what these people were feeling in 2008, was very similar to what I felt last night. So much to the point that (literally) of reading the headlines at ATS, I just now became a member to comment on this feeling.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I seriously do not think that a cloning program is behind this phenomenon. The reason I say this is because of the situation I found myself in with my godson’s mother.

Thirteen years ago my godson was named after Bob Dillon because his mother was enamoured with Bob Dillon and his music for some reason. A few years ago, perhaps five years ago I commented on her naming her son after Bob Dillon and the response was quite surprising as I was told that not only was Bob Dillon alive and well but that my godson had not been named after him but named Dillon because she had always liked the name. I was giving the “Just grew two heads look.”

The memory of the conversation about naming her son after the dead Bob Dillon is clear and so is the memory of knowing throughout my teenage years that he was in fact dead, more vaguely I recall news of a drug overdose in the media.

As crazy as it sounds I go more with multiple universes or different timelines rather than cloning. Is it accidental is or something or someone doing this?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Have any of you noticed that the memories of these events of the deaths are like hazy, almost on the edge of your perception? Almost like you can't look directly at the memories.

The whole Bob Dylan thing is weird because not long since my Aunt (who is an aging rocker) said to me that she liked the new Bob Dylan song and that didn't appear to be strange to her at all... but for me I thought I must be out of touch or something because I thought he was DEAD.

I hadn't heard the song or in fact heard any Bob Dylan songs anywhere so this thread makes my hair stand up.

All the best,

Korg.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Korg Trinity]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
As i have stated i have experianced these things before. Im not sure as to the cause of the events, but i am very aware of them happening around me. The deaths that i remember are not hazzy Billys G's death i can remember like it was yesterday though to me it happened years ago. Jane goodalls death like i said was taught to me in high school, i remember my teacher being very saddend by the fact that she was dead. The missing memory post i made is not the only time i have felt like that or felt like that has happend to me, but the only example that i had conformation of via a second party to the event. Of all the theories and idieas that have been suggested none seemed really how do i say viable too me most due to my lack of understanding of the theories behind them.

As for the cloning of promenant figures, why? dont get me wrong people like Billy g and Jane G i can some what imagine a reason for but people like Bobcat why he is a comedian who is well past his decline in the spot light of life. so i just cant buy that.

I would love a little more info on the quantom (?) immortality theory. as i have had many near death exp. from car accidents to falls from power poles that if events were even 1/10th different i would no longer be here.

p.s. isnt it amazing how many people have joined this sight just so they could respond to this thread? i think including myself i have counted at least three that have stated that.

amazing thread i hope that maybe i have contributed to something worth while on this thread thank you and good day.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join