It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Celebrities That Are Now Alive

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retorque
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

Yeah... I too have wondered, "what the heck"? I believe for a fact that I had heard a few years ago that Nelson Mandela had died or been killed. Later on in the same time period, he was on the news receiving some award... and been going strong ever since.
That event has bothered me every time I hear his name, now.

From a couple of pages back:
en.wikipedia.org...

In 2003 Mandela's death was incorrectly announced by CNN when his pre-written obituary (along with those of several other famous figures) was inadvertently published on CNN's web site due to a fault in password protection.[115] In 2007 a fringe right-wing group distributed hoax email and SMS messages claiming that the authorities had covered up Mandela's death and that white South Africans would be massacred after his funeral. Mandela was on holiday in Mozambique at the time.[116]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
My recollection of Mandela's death was not 2003, it was back in the 80's when he was still in prison.

This isn't just a case of mistaken reporting. My husband was sitting right next to me when we both watched the announcement of Gary Coleman's death by drug overdose. Then when Gary reappeared in the spotlight after a scuffle with a patron at the carpark where he was a security guard, I turned to my husband and said "I thought he died a few years ago". He just looked blankly at me.

So even though I KNOW he was watching the announcement of Gary's death alongside me he now has no memory of that. So it is NOT false reporting that is to blame in this case.

I have no idea what this is!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Now that you mention it, I do seem to recall something about Gary Coleman passing away from a drug overdose... I was stunned to see him back on tv doing those cash call commercials a while back...

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleDragon
If Billy Mays shows up alive in the next year after his confirmed death in 2009, I'm somehow going to not be surprised on that one. They are still showing unreleased commercials of his that were made before he died.

I think it was pretty tacky to show those commercials after Billy Mays' passing... The lady they have doing the commercials now is ok, but still isn't as good...

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Now this strikes a chill in my spine because I remember hearing John Goodman died when I was younger...and then Matinee came out and I was like WTF???

Anybody able to clarify that one?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by droppinds
I have my own experience maybe someone else witnessed. Let me first just say i know john voight is alive and well and I have seen several new movies of his recently. Clear as day I remember watching a Glenn Beck episode a year or two ago when he was still on CNN. Where Glenn Beck had a rather lengthy segment devoted to the career of John Voight, because Voight died and glenn beck wanted to honor one of hollywoods few outspoken conservatives. I clearly remember being in shock because he's one of my favorite actors, and I was surprised because I wasn't really aware of any outspoken conservatives in hollywood.

the next day I was talking to my family and they all thought I was crazy, they thought he was alive. A quick search on the web proves that I was wrong and John Voight is alive and well. I was in such shock, so I scoured the internet looking for something to corroborate what I saw. I found the episode of Glenn Beck I saw, and it was exactly as I rememebered except that no where did anyone suggest John Voight was dead. The segment was really just celebrating John Voight's career.

I'm wondering if anyone had a john voight experience, if not I guess its just a case of false memories.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by droppinds]

seems pretty weird to have a lengthy segment on Jon Voight; but then again I don't watch Glenn Beck.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I don't post here much, but have religiously read threads here for YEARS. I'm a daily visitor. But this is one of those threads that I just feel I have to post a reply to.

About Billy Grahm, I absolutely remember him dying. I can remember a whole mornings worth of news talking about it. But it wasn't all that recently. It was close to, if not a bit more than a year ago. And with the way time's flying, maybe even longer. But I clearly remember seeing it all over the news.

My personal experience with this phenomenon is back in the late 80's, perhaps VERY early 90's, I clearly remember Robert Urich dying from complications from cancer. I KNOW he died. Then in maybe the mid 90's-98 or so, he made a bit of a come-back and I was absolutely beffudled.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Ok...I'll be a bit of a nut here...but bear with me. What if 2012, Planet X, the second coming, etc. are all somewhat true? Forget for a moment the catch terms (2012, Planet X, etc.) and consider the ideas of the events.

What if 2012 brings the coming of a "Planet X" that is actually a parallel planet or region of space? What if it has been coming for quite some time. As this place nears our place, things are displaced and some of what is there...phases into here? Other civilization's vehicles (UFOs), other planet's creatures (Bigfoot, red-eyed black dogs, etc.) appearing...phasing in...and all sorts of stuff. What if in 2012 such a planet or space converges with our planet or space and things that now appear and disappear from time to time...merge for some period of time as a temporary reality...two worlds touching. As goofy as it sounds, it would answer a lot of questions and solve a lot of mysteries. Maybe it happened before (ancient astronauts, Christ, God) maybe it happens every 3600 years (Planet X, etc.) maybe the other planet contains other creatures (Bigfoot, etc.) and other human-like people (aliens, UFOs, etc.) and the other race knows of Earth's impending doom and offers "believers" a chance to get off Earth and join the other planet (Christ saving his children) and those who don't leave head toward hell? Maybe (back to this thread) the parallel world is where "dead" souls go (ghosts, etc.).

I know, I know...I don't really believe it...but...it can sum up a lot of answers.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by imysbbad

Yes, Joanne Woodward is still alive. Although, I do have a memory of reading a magazine article about her death. And as mentioned by another post-er, it talked about how devastated Paul was and how he was having a hard time handling it.

I also thought that Clint Howard (Ron Howard's brother) had died recently, but according to the net, he is still alive.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by heffo7
My recollection of Mandela's death was not 2003, it was back in the 80's when he was still in prison.

This isn't just a case of mistaken reporting. My husband was sitting right next to me when we both watched the announcement of Gary Coleman's death by drug overdose. Then when Gary reappeared in the spotlight after a scuffle with a patron at the carpark where he was a security guard, I turned to my husband and said "I thought he died a few years ago". He just looked blankly at me.

So even though I KNOW he was watching the announcement of Gary's death alongside me he now has no memory of that. So it is NOT false reporting that is to blame in this case.

I have no idea what this is!

It was Dana Plato from the same show that died from a drug overdose in 1999.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Now this is really creepy! I don't know what else to say. I remember her death and the talking about Paul having a rough time with it. I am going to dig deeper on this one, just to try and make sense out of it.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by imysbbad

Now this is really creepy! I don't know what else to say. I remember her death and the talking about Paul having a rough time with it. I am going to dig deeper on this one, just to try and make sense out of it.

He had a son that died in 1978. Newman founded the Scott Newman Foundation to discourage young people from drug abuse

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Why isn't this thread on the front page anymore?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
ok, well i have been reading this site for a while now and havent really had the need to creat a log in, that is untill i started reading this post. I vividly remember Billy grahm kicking the bucket, though it was a few years back something along the line of like 6 or 7 years ago. I watched on Fox news all the reports and what not. The reason i remember it so vividly is at the time i was a security guard working over nights in a low traffic office building. i had a tv to watch it was always on fox news per my boss's orders. I also remember a web comic that i read where the creator had posted a comic about his death. though after hours of searching its not to be found. i remember the memorial lasting no less than 3 days. i know im not crazy but how can i remember this happening so long ago when other people are saying that it happend in the recent past? also as for the post about it possibly being due to a large amount of weed smoking that people are having false memorys, i have never smoked pot nor have i done any other mind altering drugs so i can rule that one out. i know for 100% that billy grahm was dead the fact that im hearing other wise just blows my mind.... wow thank you for your time

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Ok this is really gonna sound weird but just tonight, I was watching some big band show pledge drive thing on PBS and PETER MARSHALL was the host... Either this was an old taping they just reused or he is alive again. I clearly remember him dying.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Hi Pauligirl. I have seen what you are saying, however the scene myself and friend saw was long like the others in the montage with Ernest Borgnine solo, his large face filling the screen and could not be mistaken. Thanks for pointing that out though.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I got one! Andy Kaufman...

oh wait,

is he? isn't he? was it his biggest prank? noooope it was cancer. RIP

i loved that guy!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Tim McVeigh was supposed to have been executed for his role in bringing down the Oklahoma City building but as a talk show host, I interviewed Sean D. Morton and we discussed that in one program. Simply put, this was a fake death in which Tim was made to look dead with a powerful shell fish related toxin and was later revived. Cover was provided by having a cover hearse leave from the front of the building where this happened and a van took Tim out the back. Chandra Levy had her friend, TV Reporter, Susan Carlson observe the "execution" because of her suspicions gathered from her position in the bureau of prisons. Use these names for more research!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Not to sound insane or anything, but the following people have either died more than once, or died and are now alive.

-Ernest Borgnine

-Nelson Mandela

-Don Knotts

-Jack Palance

-Charlton Heston

I believe that we collectively jump timelines from time to time. This is evidence in my opinion that in the future we figure out how to time travel, and because of some chrononauts coming back from the future, the time line gets screwed up every once in a while.

Hopefully they don't send anyone back very far as the consequences get exponentially worse the farther back people go. For example, what if they sent someone to 1776 America with knowledge of advanced weaponry? What if we had atomic bombs by 1850? What if there was a global thermonuclear war in 1915?

Think about how that might affect your current timeline.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I stumbled across this thread...I usually frequent these boards for the conspiracy theories and other political banter. That and I have a burn inside of me to try and find the truth in life. Reading this thread made me register for the site and post this.

Anyway back to topic: I was reading about the various celebrities who seemingly came back from the dead, none of what anyone was saying had resonance with me until something randomly clicked......I can say with 110% certainty that I saw a news report where Morgan Freeman died. I seem to also remember reading this online on IMBD. I remember this because I am a huge batman fan and love all of the latest movies. I remember thinking...man he was one of my favorite actors in the movie i'm sad he wont be back. Shortly after this I remember seeing him popping up in a new movie Invictus ( I thought hey this is weird, but shrugged it off as a mental error on my part). Now I stumble across this thread and read these posts and it clicked in my head about this! Does anyone else remember this about Morgan Freeman?

This is my first post, I look forward to discussing issues with all of the other ATS members!

Cheers!

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join