It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
GEE is an education and outreach tool for seismology that aims to make it easy for non-seismologists to retrieve, display and analyze seismic data. It is intended for use in a classroom setting as a supplement to textbook material, which often lacks real world connections. Novices to the world of seismology can use GEE to explore earthquakes they've seen in the headlines, keep track of a recording station in their area, look at real-time seismic data, and more!
Magnitude 6.9 (Preliminary magnitude — update expected within 15 minutes)
* Monday, April 26, 2010 at 02:59:42 UTC
* Monday, April 26, 2010 at 10:59:42 AM at epicenter
Location 21.730°N, 124.020°E
Depth 10 km (6.2 miles) set by location program
Region SOUTHEAST OF TAIWAN
* 255 km (159 miles) NE (55°) from Basco, Batan Islands, Philippines
* 297 km (185 miles) S (184°) from Ishigaki-jima, Ryukyu Islands, Japan
* 314 km (195 miles) ESE (110°) from T'ai-tung, Taiwan
* 854 km (531 miles) NNE (22°) from MANILA, Philippines