It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Takes A Thief Named Jesus.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
"Luke 12:39 And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through."

But the goodman of the house doesn't have it known of what hour the thief will come.

"Luke 12:40 Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not."

As a thief strikes.

"Mark 14:48
And Jesus answered and said unto them, Are ye come out, as against a thief, with swords and with staves to take me?"

Is Jesus referring to himself as a thief on the sly in that sentence?

"John 10:10
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."

If Jesus is the thief, then he come to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. He even mentions giving "the thief" life more abundantly. He is life more abundantly, isnt he? He will fill the shoes of the thief it seems, correct?

"Revelation 3:3
Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee".

"Revelation 16:15
Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame."

What will Jesus steal as a thief that will put somebody to shame? Who will Jesus kill as a thief? Who or what will Jesus destroy as a thief? What do you all think the answers are?

My take: Jesus will first steal something to show shame worldwide of the evildoers, but what? Whatever it is it will be the sign of the Son of man in heaven. Then Jesus will kill the physical body of those put ashamed. And then Jesus will destroy their lives in hell as what. I take it we will be able to see what Jesus will have stolen and who all Jesus will kill. We will understand that who all he killed are in hell thenafter.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
It is likening it to being like a thief. Meaning, you never see a thief coming etc. Doesn't mean an actual thief.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Tormentations

My take: Jesus will first steal something to show shame worldwide of the evildoers, but what? Whatever it is it will be the sign of the Son of man in heaven. Then Jesus will kill the physical body of those put ashamed. And then Jesus will destroy their lives in hell as what. I take it we will be able to see what Jesus will have stolen and who all Jesus will kill. We will understand that who all he killed are in hell thenafter.

As for what Jesus steals, he has already stolen away any authority or power that satan has over people. He thus showed, by casting out demons, that the kingdom of God has come. We see presently governments, corporations, religious groups which have submitted themselves to satan, in that they seek not the welfare of people but the greed, control, domination, and exploitation of people that satan uses as a bribe.

LK 11:17 Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them: "Any kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and a house divided against itself will fall. 18 If Satan is divided against himself, how can his kingdom stand? I say this because you claim that I drive out demons by Beelzebub. 19 Now if I drive out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your followers drive them out? So then, they will be your judges. 20 But if I drive out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has come to you.

LK 11:21 "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are safe. 22 But when someone stronger attacks and overpowers him, he takes away the armor in which the man trusted and divides up the spoils.

satan is the strong man, Jesus is the stronger man. The spoils are the people who are being held in bondage. It's evident from the book of Revelation that no kingdom, corporation, or religious organization will survive the coming of the kingdom of God to earth. The lie, the deception, the delusion is that some identifiable nation is now, and shall remain the kingdom of God. In former days Rome thought itself such. Wrong! The Holy Roman Empire thought itself such. Wrong! The Third Reich thought itself such. Wrong! In our day, today, the so-called Jewish state of Israel thinks itself such. Wrong! Many(and growing in number) Christian fundamentalists think the United States of America is such. Wrong! All of these which have not already passed away, soon will. It's all in Revelation.

People are the spoils. We are free to be the members of the Father's kingdom now. If we choose to be in bondage and follow all the orders given by the rebellion we may also be part of the general overthrow. satan and the rebellion are cast into the fire, as for people, I will let God judge that.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
The last recorded words of Jesus, by John the Revelator have him saying 3 times in quick succession, "I am coming soon."

He says he comes like a thief. Thiefs usually come at night.

Remember the parables, The secret things uttered, that had been hidden at creation? In the parable of the ten virgins - what time does the cry ring out announcing the arrival of the bridegroom?? Midnight.

Jesus commands us to:

1. Be on guard.
2. Be alert.
3. And watch.

Why? Because we don't know the day or hour the Father will send him.

Doesn't logic dictate, according to the teachings, the only time we could possibly miss him is when we are asleep?

He then gives four possible times for the return:

1. Evening
2. Midnight
3. When the rooster crows
4. Dawn

And what should you not let him find you doing? Sleeping.

He says "it will be good" for those who the master finds "ready" even if he comes in the 2nd or 3rd watch of the night.

Peter asked him, "Lord are you telling this parable to us or to everyone?"

Jesus said, "Who then is the faithful and wise manager, whom the master puts in charge of his servants to give them their food allowance at the proper time?"

This whole thing is about being fed at the proper time.

Right before his arrest in Gethsamane, Jesus tried to get Peter, James & John to watch him, while he prayed. It was night and it was over a three hour period. But their eyes were all heavy and every time he would return - he found them sleeping.

Hint after hint after hint.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by Myrtales Instinct]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

I would suspect that the metaphor of a thief coming at night means that He will probably reappear at the time we, the general populous of the world, least expect it. i.e. during the dark and in the ignorance of night.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by Neo__]

new topics

top topics

join