It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Resolved to Avenge Agents' Deaths

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

abcnews.go.com

Retired CIA Officers Take Swing at Obama Over CIA Torture Prosecutions
By MARK MOONEY, NICK SCHIFRIN and MATTHEW COLE
Jan. 1, 2010

Organization president Gene Poteat said he appreciated President Obama's letter of condolences to agency staffers, but criticized Obama for "his silence" on the Department of Justice's effort to prosecute CIA personnel over allegations of torture during the Bush administration.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
abcnews.go.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Obama Orders Immediate Execution Of CIA Agents In Afghanistan

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Looks like the rift just got bigger.

Inside attack or well coordinated plan by terror groups?

How do multiple operatives manage to be all at the same place in the same time, to be killed by a suicide bomber.

Where they penetrated by an offensive activity, or was their comsec and opsec that weak that any terrorist could sneak in and get em.

It looks like they were sold out, or set up.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I say set up.

If we start hearing about agents from other intel agencies suddenly dying, we can bet that the CIA is taking their revenge.

I can only assume that morale is low in the CIA. Just about every incident that happens is automatically attributed to the CIA.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Explanation: S&F!

RE: "Inside attack or well coordinated plan by terror groups?".

I'm going with my gut feeling on this for the moment and say that "the well coordinated plan by terror groups" is the most likely. BUT my ideas on who and WHAT this group is are really way of the charts for me to disclose that information without appearing to take the thread off topic. So I won't unless expressly asked to by you ADVISOR ok.

RE: "How do multiple operatives manage to be all at the same place in the same time, to be killed by a suicide bomber."

This puzzles me as well and I can only assume an extremely important and large covert operation was about to be or was currently already underway.

RE: "Where they penetrated by an offensive activity, or was their comsec and opsec that weak that any terrorist could sneak in and get em."

IMO and due to lacking any further current information regarding this issue I would bet my money it was a case of both rather than an either or situation. If forced to take a side I would choose the "penetrated by offensive activity" over poor CIA security anyday!

Personal Disclosure: Unless we also consider outside of the box potential variables such as remote veiwing, astral travel, demonic possession etc.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I have no real evidence at this time only a fool's hope, but it seems like there are factions within the CIA that are trying to stop whatever plan is in motion.

This faction got found out and liquidated. I foresee a split between the CIA and the NSA/Homeland Security/Military industrial Complex. Possibly these guys were working for this magical ninja assasian/russian alliance that Benjamin Fulford speaks of.

But this is very wishful thinking..... But it's a new year so why not.

Aren't the private contractors in charge of security? Might have been something to do with Blackwater Xi's because that's an admitted CIA front. Prince quit, the former ceo and founder. Why?

Why is it always a rogue double agent?

What's the real story behind Lou Panetta? He was Cheif of Staff to Clintock but no real intelligence experience. Questions.....

After further reading, the most likely reason is KARMA.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by wylee]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Anyone getting married over there better watch out for Predators. NO WEDDING PARTIES!

And any schools and hospitals better dig some deep shelters.

But they can expand their torture prisons. If they contract that out to a US company it will help their bottom line.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

That won't take the thread off topic, in my opinion it would be very on topic, considering the "speculation" which is circulating.

Taliban, is an obvious choice, even given the credit attributed, how ever their thng is not generally suicide bombing. They are anti soviet veterans from a front line style warfare. They will use hit and run tactics covered by mortar and even rockets. But to defeat the russans they didn't generally blow themselves up. They much rather use a Stinger to blow em out of the sky.

Bit of info to support this observation;

Jul 28, 2007 ... Afghan police and military personnel say that the young men the Taliban recruit to be suicide bombers are regularly "deranged, retarded, ...

Though attacks are getting more frequent, Williams found that more than four out of every 10 attempted suicide bombings in Afghanistan kills only the attacker. "Such unusual bomber-to-victim death statistics are, of course, heartening both for coalition troops — who have described the Afghan suicide bombers as 'amateurs' — and for the Afghan people, who are usually the victims of the clumsy bombings,"

Read more: www.time.com...

The World's Worst Suicide Bombers?

Suicide bomings are a completely different MO, one developed and proliferated by Hamas, a major player in the al Qaeda umbrella of terror groups.

Generally speaking, most people would not know the difference between Hamas and Hezbollah unless effort was made to distinguish them. Common knowledge in the industry how ever knows they are rivals.

knowing the players as they are called, be it state or otherwise, Taliban are not known for their suicide bomb tactics. They as mentioned in the link, are leaning towards that style. How ever caused, every one should try not to get tunnel thought, and assume what is reported, is really what happened.

The facts that people got killed, and mode of attack are known.
We all now see who is "claiming" responcibility, but should be aware that it is generally out side the MO. A combined or joint terrorist effort, I agree is the most probable source.

al Qeada is the obvious organizational unbrella group, but every one knows they are not an operational one. Those are the actual terror groups. I suspect that a inside source, or well trained terror group whith clandestine resources, assisted the Taliban. As far as the Taliban have come since the soviet war, it is very unlikely they developed a organised intelligence capabilty, out of illiterate tribal guerilla fighters.

A few tribal leaders could make up a covert network in a country that still don't have city water or common roads....

Nope, obvious second and or third party assistance was in play.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Explanation: Very well put! St*r for you!

Unfortunately my most suspected culprits are off or other worldly [Ancient Greek gods to be more specific] and they are in a realm that resides beyond this thread and forums scope.
I'm quite fine to remain in the world of the provable where Occams razor rules supreme so I'll take from your lead and I can see the logic in Hamas being in a control and command position on such an important and highly valued target such as the CIA! 1stly they are in psuedo-control of the west bank and this gives them a very large HQ to work from. 2ndly As you said, they are very well versed [experts!] in planning, recruiting for and carrying out highly proficient suicide bombings in similar tight security circumstances i.e Israel! 3rdly They are a tenticle of the Al Qaeda Global Terrorist Network and they and the Taliban share the same enemies and that they may have colluded and conspired to pull this off would not be beyond the pale at all.

But having said all that, could Iran have been somehow directly involved or behind this? As things have been brewing to almost boiling point between the US and Iran lately and I'm sure Iran would have taken any measure they could to send a covert message to President Obama and his alphabet soup of agencies to "THINK AGAIN!" concerning the issues surrounding Iran , Nukes and the UN sanctions etc.

Personal Disclosure: IMO I would count Iran OUT except for maybe financial backing because if it had backfired they might not appreciate being in the frontline of the spotlight on such an issue where as Hamas might just have more cover and just as much incentive!

P.S. Things were heating up in Yemen about the same time as well! Coincidence or something more?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
If Obama was smart he would do some spring cleaning inside the CIA. That organization is seriously over due for some restructuring. If he doesn't do a thing and lets the status quo continue it may become a mistake of JFK proportions.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The leader of Afghanistans Northern Alliance with strong roots with anti-Soviet Mujahadeen was killed days before September 11th by a suicide bomber posing as a reporter.

What might he have know in regards to the September 11th plot as the man most committed to fighting the Taliban and Al Queda in pre-Invansion Afghanistan that finally claimed his life after escaping violent death for decades?

Was he, could he have been in possession of key and critical intelligence regarding the yet to be carried out attacks? Could that have been the motive for a elimination that would require suicide to succesfully cary out that plot?

If so what might these agents have discovered in recent days that would require their elimination through that drastic means.

Chances are it was something big enough and major enough to pull them all together in the same point in time and space and who ever masterminded the plot to kill them knew they would be there at that point in time.

Clearly they are racheting up the War on Terror big time and another major false flag like September 11th would likely tip the nation back towards a committment to vengeful war.

There may be something huge behind this attack.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

It was mentioned in the other thread, of related topic, that possable ISI ties may be involved;

"Pakistan Taliban" or ISI

Same difference, in my opinion. I know most of those groups are infiltrated and or corrupt to begin with.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by ADVISOR]

new topics

top topics

join