It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

:: Coming Soon :: Wootton Bassett March

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
This is a video from 3 months ago of Mr Choudary calling for sharia in britain and that he would not stop until Britain is a muslim country.

now in my mind, to call for the abolition of the monarchy and the legally appointed democratic government is surely treason. Any takers on the legal position?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

It doesnt matter what maggie didnt, or anyone else because England is watered down nation with its tenets destroyed by the weakness of lefty asswipes who want and need to destroy us as a people....

But a TRUE explosion of the English is something to be feared.. The British... The welsh the scots who were forged by the weather, hillis and mountains took over the world... This tiny island.. Its inhabitants forged in war.... The English the Welsh the Scots are ONE...... I have scotish blood and welsh in me, and semetic but I am english!! And scotish, and welsh... But English.... British by birth..... Our island that we fought and died for is dying.... So lets wake it up....

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by osc121
This is a video from 3 months ago of Mr Choudary calling for sharia in britain and that he would not stop until Britain is a muslim country.

now in my mind, to call for the abolition of the monarchy and the legally appointed democratic government is surely treason. Any takers on the legal position?

Yes, technically what he is chattering about is Treason:

The Treason Act 1351 has since been amended several times, and currently provides for four categories of treasonable offences, namely:

* "when a man doth compass or imagine the death of our lord the King, or of our lady his Queen or of their eldest son and heir";
* "if a man do violate the King’s companion, or the King’s eldest daughter unmarried, or the wife of the King’s eldest son and heir";[5]
* "if a man do levy war against our lord the King in his realm, or be adherent to the King’s enemies in his realm, giving to them aid and comfort in the realm, or elsewhere"; and
* "if a man slea the chancellor, treasurer, or the King’s justices of the one bench or the other, justices in eyre, or justices of assise, and all other justices assigned to hear and determine, being in their places, doing their offices".

Another Act, the Treason Act 1702 (1 Anne stat. 2 c. 21), provides for a fifth category of treason, namely:

* "if any person or persons ... shall endeavour to deprive or hinder any person who shall be the next in succession to the crown ... from succeeding after the decease of her Majesty (whom God long preserve) to the imperial crown of this realm and the dominions and territories thereunto belonging".

Linky Winky - The useful Tellytubby

I bolded the pertinent sections which could apply.

[edit on 5/1/10 by stumason]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

TreASON, YOU ARE RIGHT... But are you as an englishman going to enforce that as the pussies most of you have become or are you going to mann up??? I doubt it... it will probably make you guys ashamed by us... Coz you guys are lazy and good for nothing but crap.... Prove us wrong... But you wont.... Coz REAL men ony exist in our imaginations.... REAL women are waiting for you but wont hold our breath coz you are cowards to the core.....
Man up England.. or do you owe your manhoods cheap???? Your fathers were beter than you... Prove them wrong.....

[edit on 063131p://f04Tuesday by Selahobed]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

I think (especially after you thread about "real men") you know I won't take this lying down.

Fortunately, my Uncle is a Wing Commander in the RAF and lives in WB, so I have a base of operations. I fully intend to go and face down this planned march, come what may....

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

There are still men here in England and Britain as a whole,

Cometh the hour we will not be found wanting....the warrior blood still run's true...it maybe just more dormant in some than other's.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Damn right! I have always maintained I would lay down life, body and soul to defend this country and those I love. There is no way in hell that I would sit back and allow these cretins free reign to spread their hate or, god forbid, try to Islamise the UK...

[edit on 5/1/10 by stumason]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

You will not be alone my friend, I assure you.

If the time comes, what needs to be done will be done!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed

TreASON, YOU ARE RIGHT... But are you as an englishman going to enforce that as the pussies most of you have become or are you going to mann up??? I doubt it... it will probably make you guys ashamed by us... Coz you guys are lazy and good for nothing but crap.... Prove us wrong... But you wont.... Coz REAL men ony exist in our imaginations.... REAL women are waiting for you but wont hold our breath coz you are cowards to the core.....
Man up England.. or do you owe your manhoods cheap???? Your fathers were beter than you... Prove them wrong.....

[edit on 063131p://f04Tuesday by Selahobed]

I think if you said that to every english man you would get a positive reaction.

Time for us to show everyone what we believe in.

British today, British tonight, British we fight.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
We'll stand shoulder to shoulder.

Cometh the hour, cometh the Man.

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
One thing we can all be sure of is that we in this country have been very very good at conflict for at least the past 2000 years

Where Mr Choudary may have underestimated the British resolve is the subject of Burqas. If he thinks he is going to get British women to wear full robes and be subservient, then he has't learnt much from his time living in the UK

just look at how little the girls in Eldon square in Newcastle "wear" on a night out in December. The try and pick an argument with one of them

I'm not that brave

[edit on 5/1/10 by osc121]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by osc121

Your point is so correct lets say even if he did manage to get a law to make women wear robes ect.

Good luck making them do it.

If that situation ever comes alive with the gordie please invite me

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Originally posted by TSOM87
I wonder what George Galloways views are on this?

These people should take this protest to Westminister. If the EDL turned up to some street to protest against Radical Muslims the BBC would be all over it.

Tsom87

as a listener to George Galloway, he said on saturday night that he believes this will bring nothing but more hatred on the muslim community and he dispises Choudry. I imgine you don't like Galloway, I happen to believe he is one of our finest MP's.

With Mr Galloway currently trying to force his way into GAza, I would be quite intersted to hear his views on this subject, do you have any source details of his speech?

This is as much as I can find from the Respect website someone called Salma Yaqoob

Respect Party Views

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

I think (especially after you thread about "real men") you know I won't take this lying down.

Fortunately, my Uncle is a Wing Commander in the RAF and lives in WB, so I have a base of operations. I fully intend to go and face down this planned march, come what may....

I and some of my friends will be there too if it actually gets the go-ahead... it MUST be stopped at all costs. I fully intend to disrupt it as much as possible by whatever means.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by smartie

I and some of my friends will be there too if it actually gets the go-ahead... it MUST be stopped at all costs. I fully intend to disrupt it as much as possible by whatever means.

Facebook

check out this facebook site, 560,000 members and growing, I'm sure there are lots of like minded people amongst that lot. That is an awful lot of people if they all decided to protest on the same day....

also

Facebook

This is the one closer to my heart. if only....

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
A 'Polite' Response To Anjem Choudary

not my cup of tea, but very funny and apt!

obviously the modern version of a protest song

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Damn right! I have always maintained I would lay down life, body and soul to defend this country and those I love. There is no way in hell that I would sit back and allow these cretins free reign to spread their hate or, god forbid, try to Islamise the UK...

Damn is right! I had no Idea things were about to broil in this manner.
The timing of the snow should be used to the fullest advantage.
I wish I were there. I'm a yank but as far as I'm concerned we are your brothers across the pond. I know many who are concerned so man
up or what ever you Gents must do.

Remember the majority here are with the people of England.

I and some of my friends will be there too if it actually gets the go-ahead... it MUST be stopped at all costs. I fully intend to disrupt it as much as possible by whatever means

Smartie, you sound like quite the hellhound you watch your back pardner.
We want to hear from you when all is done.

check out this facebook site, 560,000 members and growing, I'm sure there are lots of like minded people amongst that lot. That is an awful lot of people if they all decided to protest on the same day....

Man this just sounds crazy. Has the Govt. bit off a little to much or what?
Over half a mill? GEEZ!!

[edit on 6-1-2010 by randyvs]

CX

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I've seen a few papers that have had readers responses over this planned protest, and one serving policeman said that this could all be sorted under Section 5 of the Public Order Act 1986

5 Harassment, alarm or distress

(1) A person is guilty of an offence if he—

(a) uses threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour, or

(b) displays any writing, sign or other visible representation which is threatening, abusive or insulting,

within the hearing or sight of a person likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress thereby.

(2) An offence under this section may be committed in a public or a private place, except that no offence is committed where the words or behaviour are used, or the writing, sign or other visible representation is displayed, by a person inside a dwelling and the other person is also inside that or another dwelling.

(3) It is a defence for the accused to prove—

(a) that he had no reason to believe that there was any person within hearing or sight who was likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress, or

(b) that he was inside a dwelling and had no reason to believe that the words or behaviour used, or the writing, sign or other visible representation displayed, would be heard or seen by a person outside that or any other dwelling, or

(c) that his conduct was reasonable.

(4) A constable may arrest a person without warrant if—

(a) he engages in offensive conduct which [a] constable warns him to stop, and

(b) he engages in further offensive conduct immediately or shortly after the warning.

(5) In subsection (4) “offensive conduct” means conduct the constable reasonably suspects to constitute an offence under this section, and the conduct mentioned in paragraph (a) and the further conduct need not be of the same nature.

(6) A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale.

Now after having briefly looked over that, to me it does look like that is more geared towards people that "intend" to cause insult, harm etc.

The defences against being arrested for these charges, as i read it, are a non issue in this case because this group knows that they will cause offence by staging this protest.

However section 6 states this...i have highlighted the section i am referring to...

6 Mental element: miscellaneous

(1) A person is guilty of riot only if he intends to use violence or is aware that his conduct may be violent.

(2) A person is guilty of violent disorder or affray only if he intends to use or threaten violence or is aware that his conduct may be violent or threaten violence.

(3) A person is guilty of an offence under section 4 only if he intends his words or behaviour, or the writing, sign or other visible representation, to be threatening, abusive or insulting, or is aware that it may be threatening, abusive or insulting. (Bold text by me for highlighting)

(4) A person is guilty of an offence under section 5 only if he intends his words or behaviour, or the writing, sign or other visible representation, to be threatening, abusive or insulting, or is aware that it may be threatening, abusive or insulting or (as the case may be) he intends his behaviour to be or is aware that it may be disorderly.

So 6 (3) states that if someone is aware that it may be threatening, abusive or insulting, they are guilty of an offence.

Therefore unless i've totaly read it wrong, there is already grounds to arrest them the moment they leave for Wooton Bassett. This group is not stupid, they are well aware how much of a reaction they will get if they go ahead with this.

I haven't dealt with civilian law for a long time now, so i would love someone with a better knowledge of UK law to either confirm this or correct me.

CX.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

You will not be alone my friend, I assure you.

If the time comes, what needs to be done will be done!

Count me in...

I'll stand by my British brothers and sisters - not in blind patriotism but in defence and love of my country.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
If you live in the UK or any other country you should respect it's history, law, culture and ethics. Remember - the UK is a retreat for the oppressed and those from foreign countries seeking to scrounge from UK taxpayers.

Please - you're our guests, we tolerate you therefore don't offend the people that are offering you protection and the gravy train.

Our armed forces are carrying out the will of an elected parliament (that's demoncracy) - would you get that in Iran or Pakistan etc? They are put in the position at that time and in the main behave appropriately. As far as I know they haven't beheaded anyone and put it on Youtube.

When they are injured or killed they and their families deserve the respect that has always been shown in such circumstances.

Get real - Islam is alien to a Christian culture and such a march would be seen as abhorent and intolerable to the true Brits regardless of the what one thinks about the legality of the war in Iraq and Afganistan (wherever that might be)!

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join