It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

:: Coming Soon :: Wootton Bassett March

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed
reply to post by osc121

From maggies term in goverment is from where we get the term "Londonistan" from but I get your point; if she had the will to destroy the livelyhoods and families and WHOLE towns where I live... Her OWN people.... Then i have no idea what she would do in this instance.....

Was by the Grand Hotel in Brighton when that went up... boy was she one strong determined lady.. I dread to think what she would do in this situation.. but then again I doubt it would have gone this far.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

reply to post by osc121

From maggies term in goverment is from where we get the term "Londonistan" from but I get your point; if she had the will to destroy the livelyhoods and families and WHOLE towns where I live... Her OWN people.... Then i have no idea what she would do in this instance.....

that was my point

I am a northerner and have no love of the politics of the time, but maybe we need some of the cohesion and national pride of the Falklands era

if you read the posts on the facebook page, then it is all too apparent that there is a huge problem with this

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by osc121

Your right there is no Cohesion, in my neck of the woods (East Sussex) one town has started to declare itself an independent kingdom! it kinda matches the theme that NuLab have wrecked the country.

It would be nice to see some cohesion put back in our communities

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I guess you're kind of right about this new labour thing, and is apparent between the lines of this thread that there are more problems than just this demonstration.

too many immigrants with no attachment or reason to be British has caused widespread loss of national identity. To live in this country, the country must and citizenship must always come first, not religion or economic migrancy.

A "Citizenship ceremony" is not going to instantly convert anyone to being british. lets just be a little bit more selective with numbers and attitudes of who we allow to remain resident.

The strain on the social fabric of Britain is now bursting. if we allow it to continue then we will alienate the indigenous population. if we let all levels a many different cultures to settle then we will fragment the whole country

so in a way, Mr Choudary may have become the catalyst that will begin a bond of nationalism (no not racism or naziism) & pride for who we are.

there will be pain and possible conflict to come in the near future and I'm not sure that this government is strong enough to contain the nations sentiments

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by osc121

I have read quite a lot of the comments on FB even reactivating my account to join the group... There IS a massive problem in this country.. Our young men especially seem to be lost with no compass because our history and achievements have been taught to them as something we should be ashamed of when the opporsite is true.. We bought the rule of law and fair goverment to the whole world; and even though our goverment is scum, its a LOT better than many others on the planet... We need to teach English history again and our achievements, instill pride in our country, show them what this country expects of them, then inspire them to excellence that made us great.... Maybe out of this WHOLE situatiuon can bring some of that about??

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Immigration has been out of control for many years and thats why we are in the mess we find our selfs in. We have many people and ethnic groups in this country. All it causes is division, and we humans don't deal well with that. Its so out of control! I just hope someone comes into government with Guts and fixes it. What else can we do?

Tsom87

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by osc121
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I guess you're kind of right about this new labour thing, and is apparent between the lines of this thread that there are more problems than just this demonstration.

too many immigrants with no attachment or reason to be British has caused widespread loss of national identity. To live in this country, the country must and citizenship must always come first, not religion or economic migrancy.

A "Citizenship ceremony" is not going to instantly convert anyone to being british. lets just be a little bit more selective with numbers and attitudes of who we allow to remain resident.

The strain on the social fabric of Britain is now bursting. if we allow it to continue then we will alienate the indigenous population. if we let all levels a many different cultures to settle then we will fragment the whole country

so in a way, Mr Choudary may have become the catalyst that will begin a bond of nationalism (no not racism or naziism) & pride for who we are.

there will be pain and possible conflict to come in the near future and I'm not sure that this government is strong enough to contain the nations sentiments

We are bursting at the seams and if this march is allowed to go ahead it will be seen (by me at least) as one of the many cataclysmic failures this government has over seen and importantly perhaps may be seen as a last straw to some

I certainly get the feeling that we are approaching that last straw.. That's the bit that bothers me I guess, as I also can not see Gordo's government containing the mess. Perhaps that is the feeling Choudray is trying to exploit??

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The Real Muslims DO NOT LIKE THIS .. they are giving the radical scum HATE .. they are condemning this march ..

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Polynomial C
The Real Muslims DO NOT LIKE THIS .. they are giving the radical scum HATE .. they are condemning this march ..

I have no doubt that you are correct in this statement

but what do you mean by "real Muslims"?

at some point there has to be a resolution to this stalemate and that will require the moderates to take sides and also for the government to act and do "something"

By the very nature of their religion, they are not allowe dto take sides against fellow Muslims! Therefore any muslim caught in this debate will eventually have to take a definite side, which one do you think they will chose?

At the moment we have a vociforous campaign being staged on facebook and no doubt many unsavoury underground sites (including BNP) and within the radical communities. PLEASE don't underestimate the polarisation of feelings on this. Where is the happy medium

Due to this governments intransigence and feet dragging we now have a radical Muslim trying to blackmail his way to position of authority by having a televised debate with the leader of the country.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

reply to post by osc121

I have read quite a lot of the comments on FB even reactivating my account to join the group... There IS a massive problem in this country.. Our young men especially seem to be lost with no compass because our history and achievements have been taught to them as something we should be ashamed of when the opporsite is true.. We bought the rule of law and fair goverment to the whole world; and even though our goverment is scum, its a LOT better than many others on the planet... We need to teach English history again and our achievements, instill pride in our country, show them what this country expects of them, then inspire them to excellence that made us great.... Maybe out of this WHOLE situatiuon can bring some of that about??

Your right in many ways, the young in England seem to have lost their way, what do you think of bringing back national service? Good or bad?? I have a young daughter and would be proud to have her go in the forces as many of my family have, some people think it’s barbaric but it seems to work in many countries elsewhere so why not here? May even make a few immigrants think twice about coming to England too…

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by osc121

Real Muslim means .. the ones that follow the original Qur'an's peaceful tolerant message ..

There are peaceful Muslims (Majority) and there are Radical Scum (Minority)

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I have a feeling the next repatriation will not be so peaceful

Anger At March Plan As Fallen Pair Returned

Friends of a British soldier killed in Afghanistan have spoken of their anger at plans by a controversial Islamic group to march through the town which honours fallen troops.

Their repatriation comes as Islam4UK said it would apply to Wiltshire Police "in the next few days" to march through the town famous for honouring dead UK troops, despite calls for it to be called off. Anjem Choudary, leader of Islam4UK, said it was "full steam ahead" for the march, which organisers say aims to remember Afghan civilians killed in the eight-year conflict.

If they want to protest they should do it in London against the Government, not here. Wootton Bassett is where the soldiers come back, all of them, as heroes.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TSOM87
I wonder what George Galloways views are on this?

These people should take this protest to Westminister. If the EDL turned up to some street to protest against Radical Muslims the BBC would be all over it.

Tsom87

as a listener to George Galloway, he said on saturday night that he believes this will bring nothing but more hatred on the muslim community and he dispises Choudry. I imgine you don't like Galloway, I happen to believe he is one of our finest MP's.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Polynomial C
reply to post by osc121

Real Muslim means .. the ones that follow the original Qur'an's peaceful tolerant message ..

There are peaceful Muslims (Majority) and there are Radical Scum (Minority)

Again I quite agre, but the Quran is open to interpretation and conjecture. As with the Bible there are many many terms and phrases that can condone and incite violence towards other faiths, or at very least a reason to build a distrust in other religions

I am happy to admit that the vast majority of Muslims are law abiding and peaceful in their intent, but during their religious upbringing they are taught that religious law has precedence over national law. when does a muslim chose which is the greater power, that of the Imams or to follow the state?

That is the real basis of why I believe that this is only the beginning of a very untrusting period of turmoil between the two groups of people that the governments policies have managed to polarise

If successive governments had wanted to maintain a status quo then they should have advocated integration not multiculturalism. and certainly not allowed cities to be unofficially divided into communes

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestic RNA

Before I joined the army i was a bad wee girl lol, but the army gave me focus, direction and the ability to to be disciplined in the worst circumstances.... I have been an idiot since.. But my army training and the sense of the power to overcome has been an asset to me since leaving, as a model, student, and having my own business with a good work ethic... However, some of the sights you see will be emblazened in you dreams, your actions too in situations that you replay in your head in the night reliving some pretty bad crap... And dreaming in arabic.... I speak it (through the army) but it is not my first language.... However let her join.... If she has any questions then feel free to u2u me... But under no illusions; she may be a woman but she is a soldier first, and that will become second nature to her....

Im sure i would be proud to include her as a warrior maiden of the Angel Isle... G-d bless her...

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I dont think nu-labour would let this march happen, its obvious that they would be blamed for any wrongdoings happening that day, and the election is their only concern, they will do anything to appeal to the masses, but....
Now i hear the b.n.p would physically block the path to these protesters, i wouldnt be surprised if jack straw and gordon brown announced it ram jams right to protest and carry some of those phony coffins themselves, just to appease all of those lefties.

I suppose we can only wait and see, i for one would like to see the protest, let them show their hand. And see the reaction of the people of britain.there has been a common theme of dismay at the way britain and the younger generations dont care about anything, and are happy to see our country being marginalised. This event if it goes ahead, could be the catalyst that changes the direction of the country.
All of the factors are there, we are in a prolonged recession, which has always been a spur to political extremes, we are at war with a muslim country with our own muslims becoming more restless, and its an election year, these conditions dont come around all that often.

The b.n.p would probably put english history back into the curriculum, teach kids to be proud about english/british culture and history, bring back conscription, end multiculturalism, and offensive protests like this,for sure they wouldnt fix everything for everyone but to try is would prefferable to the path we are on.
But then maybe im talking a load of cobblers?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hans kammler

My good man, the English owned a
third of the world at one stage.. This little country, with men who were half starved but educated...

We saw off the nazis... They didnt touch one millimetere of England... We fought true evil and our young men paid the price, which france and countries like it can never repay...... The men here even fought against their own and won americas freedom.. The war of independance... The yank would like to think it was all them but it wasnt... It was the typical english dude who didnt want to be messed about...... WE are a warrior nation... Tollerant... patient... But when enough is enough G-d help you!!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by hans kammler
The b.n.p would probably put english history back into the curriculum, teach kids to be proud about english/british culture and history, bring back conscription, end multiculturalism, and offensive protests like this,for sure they wouldnt fix everything for everyone but to try is would prefferable to the path we are on.
But then maybe im talking a load of cobblers?

Come on Hans be serious-the BNP are not going to help anyone in the UK.Griffin has some points about the corporate NWO machine,but hes just using that as a jump,to get votes.Its a recent thing hes latched onto,which shows he is perceptive to the feeling of us mere masses.

It is not the main doctrine of the BNP though is it?

Watch some of his speeches,the man is a Racist,whatever he says in public.
Do not expect these goons in suits to save the country.Whatever they tell you.

Just my opinion,as usual.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Londonistan didn't appear in common vernacular until the mid 1990's, when the French got snippy after men blamed for the 1995 Paris bombings fled to (and received protection from) the UK.

Also, what Maggie did to the miners etc may have seemed harsh, but if she hadn't of broken the unions strangle hold on the economy and the country, we would be in a very different place right now, trust me. She did what needed to be done in order for the UK to progress. the unfortunate side affect of breaking the Unions was the decline of British heavy industry, which is sorely missed now, because as a Nation, we don't really produce anything. Anyhoo, I digress...

As for this march...

I for one will move heaven and earth to be at Wooten Basset if this march goes ahead and I will resist with all my heart. I hope this is the catalyst which steers this country back from the brink and unites us once more. 12 years of New labours social engineering and left-wing thinking has shattered the Union and made the country disjointed and ineffective.

We need to unite as one (English, Scots, Welsh and Irish), stop all this "independance" nonsense for the kingdoms and bring back the British spirit which achieved what no other nation had ever done or will ever do again.

Bring it on Choudary, this is the third time you have stepped on our toes!!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Also, what Maggie did to the miners etc may have seemed harsh, but if she hadn't of broken the unions strangle hold on the economy and the country, we would be in a very different place right now, trust me.

Harsh is an understatement, she belittled the working class communities and began the erosion process for nu-labour to eventually fill with false promises. Communites were literally destoyed, but as long as the middle classes were comfortable, nobody really cared.

She did what needed to be done in order for the UK to progress.

Disagree but i could never prove that point.

the unfortunate side affect of breaking the Unions was the decline of British heavy industry, which is sorely missed now, because as a Nation, we don't really produce anything. Anyhoo, I digress...

Agree.

I hope this is the catalyst which steers this country back from the brink and unites us once more. 12 years of New labours social engineering and left-wing thinking has shattered the Union and made the country disjointed and ineffective.

I'd hardly call Tony Blairs capitalist and corporate ventures in Iraq and Afganistan 'leftie'.

We need to unite as one (English, Scots, Welsh and Irish), stop all this "independance" nonsense for the kingdoms and bring back the British spirit which achieved what no other nation had ever done or will ever do again.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by mr-lizard]

[edit on 5-1-2010 by mr-lizard]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join