It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

:: Coming Soon :: Wootton Bassett March

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
www.harrowobserver.co.uk...

Islam group refuses to scrap march

Hundreds of people will line the streets on Tuesday to pay their respects as the the bodies of Rifleman Aiden Howell and Sapper David Watson being driven along the High Street.

Sapper Watson, 23, of 33 Engineer Regiment - a bomb disposal expert - and Rifleman Howell, 19, of 3rd Battalion the Rifles were killed in Afghanistan in the last week of December.

The men will be flown back to nearby RAF Lyneham, before their cortege passes through Wootton watched by civic leaders, relatives and British Legion members.

Anjem Choudary, leader of Islam4UK, said it was "full steam ahead" for the march, campaigning for the withdrawal of British troops.

Seems like it's going ahead today: January 5th (Tuesday)

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
bnp.org.uk...

The three highest publicly elected British National Party officials, GLA member Richard Barnbrook and MEPs Nick Griffin and Andrew Brons, have vowed to physically block the road in Wootton Bassett should the authorities permit the threatened Islamist march in that town to proceed.

In an official statement, the BNP announced that it would “defend Wootton Bassett and the memory of our fallen heroes. Nick Griffin MEP, Andrew Brons MEP and Richard Barnbrook AM will block the path of the Muslim fanatics.”

Blimey...?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
bnp.org.uk...

The three highest publicly elected British National Party officials, GLA member Richard Barnbrook and MEPs Nick Griffin and Andrew Brons, have vowed to physically block the road in Wootton Bassett should the authorities permit the threatened Islamist march in that town to proceed.

In an official statement, the BNP announced that it would “defend Wootton Bassett and the memory of our fallen heroes. Nick Griffin MEP, Andrew Brons MEP and Richard Barnbrook AM will block the path of the Muslim fanatics.”

Blimey...?

that was what I thought when I read that one.... now it gets really political.. I wonder if Cameron or Clegg will join in and threaten to lie down in the road to block the march!!

I've personally have had enough of the PC Nulab BS.. they've done nothing but harm this country

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I hate the way that the far right / or left / or radicals are turning this into something it shouldn't be.

this country should be strong enought to say NO - ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

www.facebook.com...#/group.php?gid=228021139869&ref=mf

350,000 strong already

shouldn't this be about the voice of reason and let greiving familes have a little respect. This has been turned into a political footbal that no-one other than Islam4UK wanted.

I find it very distasteful that a funeral cortege is going to be used for political gain.

And sadly I still think this is a result of the present government not being able to control or police its foreign and immigration policies correctly.

If this march goes ahead officially, or unofficially, I want Gordon Brown and Tony Blair to carry the coffins of the dead soldiers. The I wan them to stand in the front of any police line that faces the protesters, that includes radical muslims or the far right

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
bnp.org.uk...

Blimey...?

BLimey exactly

and while I agree with a tiny amount of their symapthies, I could never condone their policies or actions

But where is the government. this should have been prevented at the outset. no-one should be scoring political points from this. neither the BNP or Islam4UK. this should never have got to this situation, next step is a stand off

I fear that this has now become the tipping point for a large amount of disaffected britons who feel they haven't had a say in recent times. Which will only play directly into the hands of both Griffin and Choudary

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by osc121

I think someone on Sky's blogs hit the nail on the head by accusing Choudray of being the BNPs recruiting Sargeant!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
So this is now being used as a tool to get a seat at the bargaining table????

Sky News

Sky news are reporting that this Unelected "holy man" now wants a public televised debate with the unelected "politician" we have running our country.

in the mean time what are the families of the war dead or the citizens of Wootton Bassett feeling about this

DEPORT THE IDIOT NOW!

he has no right or mandate to discuss this with anyone never mind our unelected leader. and he certainly has no excuse for using war dead as a bargaining tool

This lunacy must stop

[edit on 5/1/10 by osc121]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
OK so Sky News is covering this quite extensively, but the BBC is burying the story deep in its news website. I had to go searching for it within the local news pages. Does that mean they think this is not worthy enough national news aor do they not want to give this story the prominence it doesn't deserve

BBC News

What's more worrying in this article is this

"But Sir Hugh Orde, president of the Association of Chief Police Officers, said any march should be allowed to go ahead."

now in my mind something of this importance should not get to this level. There has to be times when decorum and sensitivity take over

But someone has obviously taken the decision to appease radical Islam at the expense of the general citizen yet again

Gordon Brown , Alan Johnson get a conscience!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
The facebook page,against the protest has taken approx 3 days to reach 400 thousand members!

A mum from Herne Bay is the mastermind behind a Facebook group with around 400,000 members protesting against the planned extremist march through Wootton Bassett.
Jo Cleary, 43, from Broomfield, set up the site on Friday night after radical group Islam4UK announced plans to parade through the town with empty coffins to symbolise the Muslims 'mercilessly murdered' in Iraq and Afghanistan. The group had 5,000 members within an hour, which had reached 400,000 by Tuesday.
Mum-of-four Jo, who runs a support group for soldiers and their families, says the response has been overwhelming. She said: "When I set up the group I expected to get maybe one or 2,000 members having a rant about the march.
"But when there were 5,000 in the first hour. I couldn't believe it.

www.kentonline.co.uk...

Well done to the lady who set it up.
Great use of facebook for a change.
The march will not go ahead IMO,but it is sad that Choudry and his bunch of religiously retarded imbeciles have gained so much publicity from the idea.

Maybe someone should set up a facebook group to demand the government hold a full investigation into the money trail behind Islam4UK,and if as I suspect they are found to be funding terror groups,the whole sick bunch should be deported or imprisoned.

I think the government likes them though...they help one anothers agendas.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by osc121
So this is now being used as a tool to get a seat at the bargaining table????

Sky News

Sky news are reporting that this Unelected "holy man" now wants a public televised debate with the unelected "politician" we have running our country.

in the mean time what are the families of the war dead or the citizens of Wootton Bassett feeling about this

DEPORT THE IDIOT NOW!

he has no right or mandate to discuss this with anyone never mind our unelected leader. and he certainly has no excuse for using war dead as a bargaining tool

This lunacy must stop

[edit on 5/1/10 by osc121]

I agree the lunacy must stop.. He knows how to push the buttons doesn't he.. and he certainly seems to want to create a deeper divide.. and at this rate he certainly will get his desire.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
When you become a citizen of the UK you have to read/sign a "pledge:"

This is the pledge:

Pledge I will give my loyalty to the United Kingdom and respect its rights and freedoms. I will uphold its democratic values. I will observe its laws faithfully and fulfil my duties and obligations as a British citizen.

www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk...

These Islam4UK goons who are not UK born have all BROKEN that pledge,and that alone should be reason enough to get them booted the hell outta here IMO.
Tyring to impose Sharia is NOT "upholding Britains democratic values."
It is trying to surrplant them with an alien regime,where mutilations,death penalties,and the oppression of women are all commonplace.

If thats what they want,why the hell did they come to Britain?

BTW,the muslims I know also think these I4UK guys are pond scum,and would be happy to see them kicked out of the UK for giving them a bad name with their thuggish antics.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
also Conveniently buried in the depths of the BBC news website

BBC NEWS

that has a direct link to this Choudary character

Telegraph - Choudary Profile

In March last year, Choudary posted a message on an extremist Islamic website in which he called a homecoming parade of 2nd Bn The Royal Anglian Regiment a "vile parade'' of "brutal murderers''.
The servicemen, who had lost a dozen comrades in tours of Iraq and Afghanistan, were subsequently confronted with placards branding them killers, rapists and terrorists as they marched through Luton.

So what would the chances of a march through Wootton Bassett have of being non violent or non confrontational?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

I agree the lunacy must stop.. He knows how to push the buttons doesn't he.. and he certainly seems to want to create a deeper divide.. and at this rate he certainly will get his desire.

Buttons are well and truly pushed and he has achieved his martyrdom status amongst his brainwashed followers. He now has created a sense of legitimacy amongst the media and radical Islamists. He has no right or power to be churning out this rhetoric across this country.

the backlash could be enormous - 410,000 members of a facebook group in 72 hours is quite some going by anybodys standards. Feelings are now running very high. The politicians are going to have to put a lid on this, otherwise Choudary and Islam4UK will get their way and create a huge violent divide

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

SHISH KEBAB!!! Well at least he is putting his money where his mouth is!! Just wish the rest of our lilly liverd "leaders" had the same kind of commitment to our country...........

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I wonder what George Galloways views are on this?

These people should take this protest to Westminister. If the EDL turned up to some street to protest against Radical Muslims the BBC would be all over it.

Tsom87

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Silicone

Religion is the easiest and most productive form of mind control. This character and his followers are here purely to "spread the word" of the quran. They do not want a western way of life or capitalism or culture. but to "convert" the country to Islam, and then drag it down to depths of living standards that Afghanistan has endured for decades.

therefore it can only be assumed that this country as it is means nothing to them. Except as a place to find fault and attack. I personally believe Choudary has been placed here by someone higher up in the "order" and also that up until now it has been convenient for this government to leave him in such a position.

But he has overstepped his allowed remit by his host nation and is now following his "religious" orders and teachings. I don't think that the powers that be expected this and are now frantically hoping it is just going to go away. Where's the strength from Gordon Brown?

Love or loathe Margaret Thatcher, this would not have happened under her reign.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Please read this article properly. It is dated today. It says the group is planning to submit an application in the next few days.
This does not equate to the march going ahead TODAY!
Plus our politicians have said it will not happen.
End of.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by osc121

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

Buttons are well and truly pushed and he has achieved his martyrdom status amongst his brainwashed followers. He now has created a sense of legitimacy amongst the media and radical Islamists. He has no right or power to be churning out this rhetoric across this country.

the backlash could be enormous - 410,000 members of a facebook group in 72 hours is quite some going by anybodys standards. Feelings are now running very high. The politicians are going to have to put a lid on this, otherwise Choudary and Islam4UK will get their way and create a huge violent divide

You've got to admit he has been pushing all sorts of buttons for a while.. wanting to tear down Nelson's column, destroy the crown jewels and all the other fanciful ideals.. but this one steps over the mark and I am certain his plan is to create the violence and then claim victimhood.

If this goes ahead it will be a tipping point which I am sure gordo knows

Edit to add: I know quite a few Muslims (recent migrants) who escaped to this country to get away from people like this, they are grateful to be hear, but they fear this guy deeply

[edit on 5/1/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by osc121

From maggies term in goverment is from where we get the term "Londonistan" from but I get your point; if she had the will to destroy the livelyhoods and families and WHOLE towns where I live... Her OWN people.... Then i have no idea what she would do in this instance.....

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by unicorn1
Please read this article properly. It is dated today. It says the group is planning to submit an application in the next few days.
This does not equate to the march going ahead TODAY!
Plus our politicians have said it will not happen.
End of.

And you really believe this should be happening?

you really believe it alright to use war dead as a political football?

you are correct that it is not today, but do you think this government is really strong enough to stand up to this, Gordon Brown and Alan Johnson seem to have been politically out-manouevred on this so far. I have no confidence in them being able to prevent some sort of demonstration and therefore not being ablt ot control the backlash

"END OF" is not really a reason argument is it?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join