It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

:: Coming Soon :: Wootton Bassett March

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I was just thinking that maybe the best plan would be to allow them to March, then arrest the whole lot of them and try them treason or inciting racial hatred...or some other puplic order offence. Then we can either lock them up or deport them.

Do we English not have the right to mourn our dead.
Another thought is that during WW2 - How many Nazi protestors were there on our streets of England. Surely they would have been arrested for spying or treason or something.

These internet sights should be closed down if they are using a UK account. Lord Haw Haw was broadcasting from Germany not Birmingham. Surely with the instability in Afghanistan - Pakistan and now the Yemen. Face it we are at war and it is getting bigger by the minute.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

www.janes.com...

get my facts right? i said the british army use d.u in iraq, by way of challenger 2 and tornado.
you derailed me? how?
you say that they use hesh for anti-armour.i agree. but i wasnt talking about armour. you even agree that they have them in their tanks, as penetrator rounds but wont use them. stu the insurgents and militia werent cruising around in t-62s, and i dont believe that they would not use the weapons they have in the tank ready to use,why bring them?
stumason atgms are supposed to be used aginst tanks, yet they have been used against buildings containing even one single rifle wielding insurgent.the weapons are there, you have agreed with me and they are being used.
Im sorry if this upsets you, i suspect you may have some military connection personal or family maybe which has prompted you too spring to the defence of the army.your knowledge of and use of language hints towards this. i mean no offense but not everyone in the army is a hero, you must know that on the ground in iraq and back her in uk there are many u.k infantary/marines/paras/tankers who just want to kill "pakis"

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by druid1

Of course they should be tried for Treason or something similar.

Islam 4 UK is open in their desire to completely dismantle British society and impose Sharia Law.
They do not agree with the concept of freedom of will or thought; that is the antithesis of Islam which controls every single aspect of an individual’s life.
Yet the teachings of The Koran are such that it allows Muslims to exploit the very freedoms that they despise to enable them to manoeuvre themselves into a position of influence to deny us the very freedoms they have enjoyed and thus continue the process of the Islamification of the UK.

Islam 4 UK has no legitimate reason to march through Wootton Bassett.
It's intention's are to provoke, antagonise and disrespect.
That there isn't a nationwide campaign to get this march banned shows just how disjointed and unrepresented the people of this country are.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Well said Freeborn.
Actually I have no problem with the idea of an anti war march - but of all faiths. We've had such before and it's our democratic right.
But the fact that this is a radical Muslim organisation which has singled out Wootton Bassett - well that puts a different slant on it. Frankly it's taking the 'p'. The intention is to offend and be offensive.
There will be families there who have just taken 'delivery' of the body of a loved one. Maybe even Muslims. Allowing this to go ahead would be akin to allowing these scum bags to go trampling on the graves.
Hopefully this is all just so much posturing. Our law allows us to stop such a thing from going ahead. Hopefully it won't happen.
Listening to a radio phone in last night, a Muslim phoned in to say how incensed he was at this. Well done to him. We need more to make their voices heard.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by unicorn1]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by unicorn1

Listening to a radio phone in last night, a Muslim phoned in to say how incensed he was at this. Well done to him. We need more to make their voices heard.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by unicorn1]

Exactly.
We keep on hearing about how these are the minority of Muslims.
Well if so the majority are very conspicuous in their continued silence and lack of criticism.

The Koran dictates that no Muslim can take action against another Muslim who is involved in Jihad or activities against Kaffirs.
And so the vast majority of Muslims refuse to speak out against the 'minority'.

Until Muslims themselves accept some sort of responsibility for the actions of these murderers then they will be treat with suspicion and intolerance.

I have the utmost regard and respect for the very few Muslims who have the balls to voice their disapproval of their actions.
The danger of repercussions from within their community must be very real.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by hans kammler
www.janes.com...

Well done, you know how to link to sites. Doesn't prove anything. I'll show why in a moment.

get my facts right? i said the british army use d.u in iraq, by way of challenger 2 and tornado.

occasionaly, not as much as you claimed. The primary anti-tank round is a HESH, as it doesn't ruin the rifled guns.

you derailed me? how?

Didn't say I derailed the thread, I said you did with this little chat about DU.

you say that they use hesh for anti-armour.i agree. but i wasnt talking about armour. you even agree that they have them in their tanks, as penetrator rounds but wont use them. stu the insurgents and militia werent cruising around in t-62s, and i dont believe that they would not use the weapons they have in the tank ready to use,why bring them?

A prime example of a self-defeating argument.

The UK primarily used HESH against armoured targets, of the like we faced during the intial invasion, when the Iraqi's attempted a fight with their Army. I never said they didn't have them, I just said they prefer HESH, as the APFSDS rounds ruin the rifling in the gun. So, even against Iraqi T-72's, there was little DU used.

Now, if the Miliitia's and other groups didn't have any armour, why then would the UK use DU rounds against them? You said it yourself, they had no armour, so the most likely round would be the versatile HESH, which can be used against soft targets too.

Also couple with the fact that post 2003, most of the Chally's were brought home back to Germany.

stumason atgms are supposed to be used aginst tanks, yet they have been used against buildings containing even one single rifle wielding insurgent.the weapons are there,

And a DU penetrator would be even less use, whereas an ATGM is a HE warhead and useful against soft as well as hard targets. Why use a penetrator on a building? It'll go right through without any noticeable effect!

you have agreed with me and they are being used.

I didn't deny they are in the armoury, but with a lack of heavily armoured targets, they are little use against much else. I assume you know how these weapons work?

Im sorry if this upsets you, i suspect you may have some military connection personal or family maybe which has prompted you too spring to the defence of the army.your knowledge of and use of language hints towards this. i mean no offense but not everyone in the army is a hero, you must know that on the ground in iraq and back her in uk there are many u.k infantary/marines/paras/tankers who just want to kill "pakis"

No offence taken, I am just correcting you as there was, beyond the intial engagements against the Iraqi RG divisions, little use for DU pentrators to be used.

HESH is the prefferred round anyway and far more versatile in what targets you can pick off as opposed to DU. DU penetrators are saved for proper armoured targets, not riflemen in mudhuts.

Uniquely among NATO main battle tank armament, the L30A1 is rifled, because the British Army continues to place a premium on the use of high explosive squash head (HESH) rounds in addition to APFSDS armour-piercing rounds.

HESH rounds have a longer range (up to 8 kilometres/5.0 miles) than APFSDS, and are more effective against buildings and thin-skinned vehicles.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Almost 100,000 people joined a Facebook group today to protest a planned Islamic extremist march through a town famous for honouring dead soldiers. Hate preacher Anjem Choudary, 42, announced on Saturday that his extremist group Islam4UK would march through the town of Wootton Bassett, Wilts, in the coming weeks.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

you think it is used occasionaly i think it has been used more, the royal society also seem to think so too.

Hundreds of tonnes of depleted uranium used by Britain and the United States in Iraq should be removed to protect the civilian population, the Royal Society said, contradicting Pentagon claims it was not necessary.
Professor Brian Spratt, chairman of the Royal Society working group on depleted uranium: "We recommend that fragments of depleted uranium penetrators should be removed, and areas of contamination should be identified and, where necessary, made safe." He added: "We also recommend long-term sampling, particularly of water and milk, to detect any increase in uranium levels in areas where depleted uranium has been used. This provides a cost-effective method of monitoring sensitive components in the environment, and of providing information about uranium levels to concerned local populations." (Guardian April 17, 2003)

i said tanks used d.u you have agreed. d.u is dangerous ofr people, it may be designed to destroy enemy armour or in fact any ENEMY but due to its properties, and these being that it is a pyrophoric meaning it is burns and explodes into tiny particles, which are then very hard to clean up, but also very easy to consume,or breathe

While DU may not be an external hazard it is an internal hazard and with consequent inhalation, ingestion, and wound contamination poses significant and unacceptable risks. Although, DU is 60 % less radioactive than natural uranium because U-234 and U-235 which emit gamma rays and beta particles have been removed Depleted uranium or uranium 238 is still very dangerous as an internal hazard because the alpha particle emissions are not reduced but proportionally increased. Also spent penetrators or parts of penetrators emit at 300 mrem/ hour and thus can not be touched or picked up without protection.

oh dear, not very nice is it? especially as it has a half life of 4.468 billion years.
Look beyond how they used it in 2003 stumason, its still there, those targets that got lit up are gone, but do the civilians in the vicinity deserve to be breathing this crap? or geting it in their food and water supply?

british army HAS used it. to the levell where even the u.n wants to know how much they used. The U.S forces have used more d.u i have no doubt about that. but theres no excuses.
the u.s manufactures d.u rounds in all shapes and sizes.7.62 mm with unspecified mass

50 cal. With unspecified mass

20 mm with a mass of approximately 180 grams.

25 mm with a mass of approximately 200 grams.

30 mm with a mass of approximately 280 grams.

105 mm with a mass of approximately 3500 grams.

120 mm with a mass of approximately 4500 grams

being a member of nato with the emphasis on using the same rounds, so we could share them in time of war, what makes you think we havent used it? and even if 1 damn round is fired do you think its o.k?

[edit on 3-1-2010 by hans kammler]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Getting back to Wootton Bassett, it appears the police have not yet received any proposed date for a march. So this could be all bluff and bluster designed to get them maximum publicity.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
What about the kids too in iraq do you think that its alright for them, we only used on a few tanks.....maybe?
Iraqi and visiting doctors, and a number of news reports, have reported that birth defects and cancers in Iraqi children have increased five- to 10-fold since the 1991 Gulf War and continue to increase sharply, to over 30-fold in some areas in southern Iraq. Currently, more than 50 percent of Iraqi cancer patients are children under the age of 5, up from 13 percent. Children are especially vulnerable because they tend to play in areas that are heavily polluted by depleted uranium.
have a look at the kids there are planty of horrific photos out there, that say d.u as used by the u.k and u.s is not very good and is akin to genocide.

no wonder these islamists want a march in wooton basset if the attitude of the "natives" of britain is to stick their heads up their own arses with regards as to whats happening to what may be these muslims own people and family members in a muslim land. this piece is relevant to the thraed in a round about way.
Its not only he iraqis being poisoned, theres a lot of work going on to find out if we were poisoning our own servicemen and women, so all you patriots dwell upon that too

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by hans kammler

Protesting about the use of types of weapons used and how they effect the population or if the war is justifed or not is fine but I think you missed the entire point of the Muslim march.

Its not to stop the war its not to save people including the soliders, its about them having sharia law and they are using that area to try and get there message across.

I personally think we should never have gone to war with Iraq or even Afghanistan and if people are going to march to stop the war then I think they should be allowed to.

In saying that all of the people that turn up for Islam4UK should be deported to a sharia law country so they can live happily ever after. Ohh wait most sharia law countries are dumps that these people orginaly left to life in a free country like the UK.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
True enough this joker Choudary has just got his headlines

news.sky.com... 1115513797?lpos=UK_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15513797_Wootton_Bassett%3A_Islam4UK_Ignores_Calls_To_Drop_Plans_To_March_Through_The_Wiltshire_ Market_Town

he has stated that Wooton Bassett was chosen for maximum publicity, but has not sought permission for the march as yet. As the interviewer put it, it is all a stunt.

He also claims that no matter how tasteless people think it is, it his democratic right to do so and that there are far more tasteless crimes happening in Afghanistan.

I suggest he goes to live ther if he is that bothered. In fact if he does seek to hold this march then he should by deported for inciting racial hatred.

He obviously has no respect for the dead or decorum towards our civil standards in this country, why be here?

and how dare he chose to send an open letter to the families of the war dead!

He also stated that "Sheikh" Osama bin Laden is the most popular leader in any Muslim country and would win any ballot in those countries, In that case "MR" Choudary, please go and join him wherever he may be! whether that is in a cave in Afghanistan or a hole in the ground!

The anti march Facebook Group now stands at around 175,000 members

[edit on 4/1/10 by osc121]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
What is the actual reason for the march. To protest at the war and its consequences to the civilian population of Afghanistan? To protest against the actual soldiers involved? To protest against the government?

I am just trying to get a clear picture of what is the actual intention of the march.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I think this is just 'spin' to insite more hate in the community. Every time i watch the news and the bodys of dead soldiers are flown home, they show the funeral procession going through the place.
And now they prepose this? I dont think much of the little town will turn up, and if they do, it'll be for the wrong reasons.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

britains liberal use of depleted uranium in tank shells and guided bombs,

What DU in exactly which guided bombs does the RAF use over there?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
can you guys going on about weapons & DU please go and find another thread to play in, thanks

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by osc121
can you guys going on about weapons & DU please go and find another thread to play in, thanks

Ha ha ha! Brilliant, just what I was thinking while reading the thread

I think unfortunately Anjem Choudary has achieved his goal, and that was to get publicity, he's done that, it's now world news, the one thing that seems to have come out of this little publicity stunt is the fact us English have had enough, if this march goes ahead (doubtful IMO) it won't be the BNP or any other racially motivated organization causing the retaliation, it'll be the average every day law abiding citizen, I for one will stand up against the march and try and do something to stop it in any lawful way I can, it's time the English got their heads together and stopped this utterly infuriating political correctness when it comes to extremists, we should try them for treason not give them an arena to do whatever they please in our country.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by Majestic RNA]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I totally agree with you Majestic

But as for permission for this to go ahead, well I'm not to sure if it will or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are allowed to do this, but any counter demo will definitely be banned. We are going to have something un-pallatable forced upon us during this little spat.

I seriously think that a series of successive governments should be tried for treason for the accelerated change to our society & way of life. i have an increased feeling of being marginalised for being British in my own country

We are 15 YEARS into this stupid governments experiments into socio-religious engineering. How can an elected body allow the situation of radicalism and immigration to reach this level.

I am in now way exteme in my views, but If this march does go ahead, then wouldn't it poetic justice if there was a peaceful protest outside every Mosque in the UK

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by osc121

Yeah that's where the problem lies I believe, the police will be ordered to control any counter demo if it does go ahead, and that in turn will cause a riot, and may even spark other riots throughout the country, this situation has got people very very angry, I really do think we've now had enough of the Government, it doesn't take a genius to work out why the BNP have become more and more popular over the last few years, immigration for one has most people thinking something has to change.

While the thought of putting the governments up for treason brings a smile to my face, I don't think it'll ever happen, what I do think is starting to happen though is the average English person (whether they be white, black or green with blue spots on) is seeing clearly the Government is corrupt to the core and it's time for a change in the way this country is run.

To give you some idea how angry people are about this proposed march, I live 45 miles away from Wotton Basset and there are locals where I live talking about going for a counter demo tooled up, it's not good, if this goes ahead there's going to be murders on our streets….

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Majestic RNA

Majestic

I'm an Ex Serviceman living about an hour away from Wootton Bassett. I had been planning a visit on a repatriation day to pay my respects alongside the good people who turn out every time.

I cannot repeat the comments made by my fellow ex servicemen on an open forum, but suffice to say, it involves a lot of their former training

as a consequence of the hatred, vitriol and venom that Choudary has been spouting, he may just as well have caused a backlash which will awaken the masses and make them patriotic again, instead of "new labour clones". but sadly he has achieved his aim of publicity and division

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join