It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

:: Coming Soon :: Wootton Bassett March

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

mostly worked from Lisburn
& it was a straight 4 1/2 year stint

you're right, they are opening up a whole can of worms with a group of people that can make their life very difficult, but I think that is exactly what they are trying to provoke.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

and I thought it may have just been a threat, please please, just let this go away.....

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by osc121
news.bbc.co.uk...

and I thought it may have just been a threat, please please, just let this go away.....

I'm pretty sure this will not go ahead as planned. their last march was a total failure and with strong public opposition this will go the same way. I'm pretty sure Anjem Choudary, is a puppet working to stir up trouble.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Why is it never as it is with you?
Always trying to make excuses for Muslim extremists or blame someone else.

It is obvious that this is a march planned by Muslims intending to insult our Armed Forces and to provoke a reaction thus making those that oppose them seem 'in the wrong'.

Stop making excuses for them and call it like it is!

Anjem Choudray should be tried with Treason.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I guess this is the price we have to pay for democracy and for our open borders policy (yes, I guess the subject of another thread or several that have been opening here)

And we forget the feelings the British public have when our military dead are returned. We have all seen the images of people on the streets of Wootton Bassett honouring our fallen.

Do you image that these same people will just sit back and watch as their memory and honour is questioned.

Just looking at some of the posts on this thread, there is no chance that will happen.

And what is with the people who make excuses for those who are planning this march? Anyone involved in planning or defending this march, should consider if this is the right country for them to live in!

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The stated aim of Islam 4 UK is the imposition of Sharia Law in the UK.
en.wikipedia.org...

To achieve this they intend to use our civil liberties and freedoms.
The very same civil liberties and freedoms that they will then immediately repeal to ensure no criticism of their Sharia based regime.

That these Muslim apologists can't see that they will be amongst the first to suffer from their policies amazes me.

Unionist marches in predominantly Catholic areas of Northern Ireland are no longer allowed.
No marches are allowed in predominantly Asian areas of the UK.
Why should a march be allowed through Wootton Bassett?

It is clearly inflammatory, antagonistic and confrontational in nature and should not be allowed.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Why is it never as it is with you?
Always trying to make excuses for Muslim extremists or blame someone else.

It is obvious that this is a march planned by Muslims intending to insult our Armed Forces and to provoke a reaction thus making those that oppose them seem 'in the wrong'.

Stop making excuses for them and call it like it is!

Anjem Choudray should be tried with Treason.

I'm just calling it how i see it, I'm not making excuses for Muslims, just not prepared to get whipped up in the anti Muslim hysteria, Maybe you'd like me to join the EDL and wave British and Israeli flags outside the local mosque.
I'm sure the majority of Muslims in this country will deplore the actions of Islam4UK, As i do. Islam4uk is a tiny minority with no political influence, compared to say the Israeli lobby in th uk.

I dont believe the march will go ahead, but if it's intentions were to get people throthing at the mouth, then they've already suceeded. ( see post below )

[edit on 2-1-2010 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Don't get me wrong, I respect and understand that you call it as you see it, but you always seem to be making some sort of excuse for the actions of these Muslims, even to the extent of insinuating that Anjem Choudray is some sort of government / PTB controlled dummy.

And I personally am sick of these people being described as the 'minoroty' of Muslims.
I'm sorry, there seems to be a hell of a lot of this 'minoroty' about.
And the deafening silence of the 'majority' of Muslims on the activities of the minority constantly re-enforces the view that whilst the' majority' may not be actively involved in these sort of activities they silently approve of them.
Again, I'm sorry, but i'll shed few tears for 'the majority' of Muslims until they themselves accept some responsibility for the activities of these bigots and terrorists and take some action themselves against the wolves in their own lair.

But it won't happen because it is against some the most basic teachings of The Koran.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by flylead

Much as I sympathise with you, and my initial feelings were exactly the same, but don't you think that is just what they want.

The MSM will portray them as legal protesters going about their lawful business and you and your colleagues etc as knuckle dragging, neo-nazi racists and football hooligans.
That does 'our' cause no good.

Unfortunately due to the lame and limp wristed actions of our politicians I suspect auch a confrontation on a national scale is becoming more and more inevitable!

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by flylead

Much as I sympathise with you, and my initial feelings were exactly the same, but don't you think that is just what they want.

The MSM will portray them as legal protesters going about their lawful business and you and your colleagues etc as knuckle dragging, neo-nazi racists and football hooligans.
That does 'our' cause no good.

Unfortunately due to the lame and limp wristed actions of our politicians I suspect auch a confrontation on a national scale is becoming more and more inevitable!

a confrontation indeed......nationally with hope too

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
They won't allow this march to go ahead, it is too provocative and WILL cause a reaction. Whenever there has been a repatriation at Wootton Basset, everyone has honoured the occasion properly and NO-ONE has ever tried to politicise it. These idiots want to make it political, however...

Islam4UK is the policial mouthpeice of an extremist Muslim group called al-Muhajiroun and wants to see Sharia and the rest of their bullcrap.

I hope that this march will not be allowed, whether it be on a day coffins are flown home or not, as it is completely insensitive towards those who have lost loved ones and this country, as well as trying to inject politics into something which so far has remained clean.

My Uncle is a Wing Commander at RAF Lyneham and lives in WB. I may have to pay him a visit if this march goes ahead, these guys are pushing too far.

There is a saying about us English I rather like and is quite apt here:

"Step on an Englishman's toes once and he'll apologise. Step on them again and he'll say sorry and move. Step on them a third time and you had better run."

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Maybe i'm off the mark with my Choudry being a puppet part, I have no evidence, just would make sense that groups like this may have been infiltrated by Mi5, seeing as home grown terror is probably the biggest threat to the UK at present.

But you have to ask yourself, Why is Islam4UK holding a March at such a significant location. If their aim is to win the British Public over to sharia law, this is hardly the way of going about it. It also brings more hate on the Muslim community again surely counter productive to their goals

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   

It doesn't stand to reason that Islam4UK or anyone affiliated is a Government puppet.

My reasoning is thus: The Government is the one who has worked to "socially engineer" the UK which has allowed the influx of Muslims in the first place, ergo, it is unlikely they would want to see us get all riled up about them.

However, thinking about it deeply and with my tin foil hat on, it could be the work of the "establishment", which is different to the Government (Civil Servants vs Politicans) and may be a way for them to "undo" the damage caused by New Labour's experiment with this island.

But it is very risky for the Civil service to take on the Government... Very risky indeed...

What is more likely is that they (I4UK) think they are making a clever, political point. What they seem to fail to understand is that British people do not wish to see ANY political point being made with our dead soldiers. I just think they are that stupid, rather than being cleverly manipulated or otherwise.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
The cops do have the powers needed to prevent this march going ahead.
I expect they will use them,unless of course they are blocked from doing so by the Government...Depends if they want to forment violence on the streets or not.
This islam4Uk group of goons should not be allowed to operate here anyway...They are a wing of "al mujaroon"(SP)who are banned already.

If the march looks like its going to go ahead,I am sure there are enough bus/truck drivers in Wooton Basset who would be willing to block the roads into the town for that day,preventing the goons from arriving maybe..

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I swear by all I hold dear if sharia law ever makes it into everyday life of everyone in the UK I will immediatly go to war with them.

Tell me which country out there that has sharia law that any of you non muslims would want to live in?

There always an excuse for these actions its the minority ect ect, do you really expect the majority of muslims to turn around and say no to sharia law if it came into power? they wont they will all go along with it.

I say if you want to live in a country run with sharia law then damm well move to one. Same goes for all the muslim apoliagists see how long it takes before they come running home crying for help.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Not sure if you've ever been to WB, but it's a very small market "town". More or less a large village, really. Doubt there will be more than the hourly bus to the main town on the High street at any one time.

But, it is full of honest, decent Brits, many of whom have served too. They will meet a stiff response from the locals, not including any who travel to oppose it. I will do all I can to get there myself if this goes ahead.

Hopefully, the Police will submit a request to the local authority (its them who have the power, not the Plod) to ban this march or place severe restrictions at least.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Purely hypothetical but, if the march is given the go ahead by the powers that be, wouldnt elements of the edl, bnp be obliged to turn up kick off and be caught on camera by the msm.

The beeb love to throw a wobbler over any whiff english nationalism, also gives camreon,clegg and brown a chance to make voters think twice about going for the bnp, who i personally believe may well do very well in upcoming elections.

I certainly dont agree with sharia law in the u.k or these idiots refusing to assimilate. Though i do believe that the 100,000 civilian deaths of iraqi muslims is certainly a stain on our country and its honour. read up on britains liberal use of depleted uranium in tank shells and guided bombs, all being used in densely populated towns and cities.hearts and minds!? the army should know better.

I would like to see the march happen , though AND be confronted, we need to let this out its been festering for too long, people need to see the right and wrong on both sides so they can grow up and learn from this, instead of polarising.order from chaos etc etc

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by hans kammler

The UK uses (primarily) high explosive squash head (HESH) rounds as it's main anti-armour penetrator. Not DU penertrators. The APFSDS rounds used by NATO wear down the rifling on the British guns and they are only now trialling the use of smoothbore guns for the Chally 2. Rifled guns give a greater range and accuracy though, hence why the Chally 2 holds the record for the furthest tank - tank kill.

Sorry for the derail, but lets get our facts straight shall we? While the British may have DU APFSDS rounds in their inventory, they are rarely used and if so, only against armoured targets. They are not much use against a soft skinned target.

[edit on 3/1/10 by stumason]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join