It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

:: Coming Soon :: Wootton Bassett March

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

:: COMING SOON :: WOOTTON BASSETT MARCH

www.islam4uk.com

Islam4UK, a platform for the global front Al-Muhajiroun, would like to announce the launch of a momentous march that is scheduled to take place in the following weeks, details of which will be released shortly inshaa'allah (God willing).

The destination of this very special event is the small market town of Wootton Bassett, located 6 miles Southwest of Swindon, in northern Wiltshire; Wootton Bassett, is currently famous for its public mourning processions held in memory of British soldiers killed whilst on military service in Afghanistan; coffins containing the dismembered bodies of these
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
news.bbc.co.uk...

Mod Edit - All Caps Title

[edit on Mon, 04 Jan 2010 20:00:01 -0600 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
this really should never be allowed to happen If it does then we as Britons have lost the very core of our sovereignty and values

Is nothing now scared? I feel very sorrowful that we cannot now mourn the return of our dead without further conflict

It looks like Islam is taking its fight to Middle England. There are very dark days ahead if this is a new tactic to provoke a backlash within the communities of the UK

If anyone now has any doubt that radical Islam is seeking conflict on the UK mainland then this is it

www.islam4uk.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by osc121

There's good and bad on all sides, sure this lot look like they are taking the piss and will be seen as doing that, unfortunately they will not help the position of the vast majority of muslims who are good people. They do their people no favours and yes there will be a backlash especially in the media.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Mannnn... This is a load of crap!!! because if they did that... It would be the worst days work they ever did.... In fact even though i know its crap.. My redhead ass will be on standbye for it... I have friends who NEVER recieved THAT welcome from ireland; and they deserved it.. They died in the service of this country but got NOTHING!!! Thier names were Andrew Grundy and Micheal Beswick.... They were my friends... Andy actually saved my life, and the lives of thirty other guys and girls.... Where was HIS welcome???..... Now he overlooks a railwaytrack in his cemetry in Durham; however he also died saving a stupid girl like me trying to shoot the biggest ever bomb OFF a railway track that was put on a converted toyata hiace van laden with HME (home made explosive).. 1992; Romeo 15 Newry Co.Down...

However if they did?? G-d help them..... Amen.... There will be an whole army of well trained guys and girls who are battle hardened and tried and will destroy them.... They know that though... Hence its crap.... But if not..................................

[edit on 043131p://f12Friday by Selahobed]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Just posted on my facebook

"I was thinking of visiting Wootton Bassett this year, I am now fearful of what day to pick, i.e. i really wouldn't want to miss this if they go ahead with the march
if these so called religious people decide to march on a repatriation day, i will be starting a campaign to cordon off the town. I would rather have the news outside then anywhere near the cortege"

I can completely understand this post on facebook, but sadly it is exactly what the radical Muslims are trying to provoke by arranging this march in the first place.

any such action to prevent this march is probably now illegal in this country, so we obviously have no right of peace during death and mourning.

we need change and soon

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Radical Muslims , Neo Nazis .. THE BNP ..

Real life tolls that try to disrupt public PEACE . ..

Please don't feed the trolls ..

Please Don't Label ALL Muslims because of the actions of a few Radical Scum ..

[edit on 1-1-2010 by Polynomial C]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Polynomial C

Sorry, but I fail to see how I have labelled all muslims....

the first line of my original post is aimed at our governments total appeasement

the rest is directly aimed at "radicalism"

"don't feed the trolls" - surely this is a thread to discuss local and national politics is it not? Is this not a serious enough subject to debate?

surely any further posts will be moderated if they are not deemed to be appropriate

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by osc121

I was not talking about you .. i was talking about the REAL LIFE TROLLS .. Radical Islam, Neo Nazis, BNP ..

Also .. There is a big difference between Radical Islam and Islam .. you have to label properly ..

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
What I don't understand is if you want to live in an Islamic way why not move to an islamic country!
I think the very idea of such a march is disgusting. You cannot respect your own dead by disrespecting others.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

Ok, first things first....(lookin at the Avatar...WOW
VERY NICE)

2nd As a Desert Storm Vet, I applaud you and your friends for their Sacrifice. While I served with pride and did my duty with honor and very much appreciated the Public Fan Fare welcome we received in coming home. I couldn't help but feel saddened for Vietnam Vets and the welcome they received vs. what we received and they sacrificed so much more then we did.

Last, and definitely NOT least.....I regret ever getting out of the Army at the end of my term of service and wish I could be there side by side with my brothers and sisters in arms.

If I were in the UK for this march I would be there side by side w/each of you to protest this outrage and discrace, I've never been to the UK but have wished all my life I could afford to make the trip. Now.....more than ever.

Stand Strong, remain proud of the fallen and always honor the sacrifice they fought for.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
But therein lies the great debate with radical Islam within a christian host country!

Radical Islam sees it as their right to demonstrate on behalf of their beliefs no matter who they disrespect, no matter what intolerance they show. yet they expect tolerance from their host nation whilst running an aggressive campaign to convert.

If they carry this threat of a march, then they destroy what little tolerance may be left for the whole of Islam within the country

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RecentlyAwaken

Firstly thanks for the complement, but not necessary.. I was with 7th armoured brigade (the desert rats) in gulf war 1-Yes i am older than i look lol-I was 17 at the time, serving in int and a medic.... And got the tape parade in New York too as an ally lol... That was amazing lol... But was then placed straight away in the int cell in south Down/Armargh for 3 years with an intermitent tours in bosnia as a linguist/medic/observer... the worst was Bosnia though without doubt.. And I was a section commander of int guys and armoured infantry, placed as linguistic support, int, medical and close support for the UN guys who I HATE!!

But I guess we have something in comon huh?? Your guys NEVER rescieved the home coming they deserved!! And those guys were in a PROPER war! Proper infantry hand to hand, close in with the enemy and destoy them... They were spit at when they came home.... Sad.. And they were conscripts too!! America should be totally ashamed of the treatment of Vietnam vets!! And Gulf vets too!!

And now here... If those tossers want to TRY and march against us, they had better be prepared for generations of well trained british soldier-the best in the world-to be against them as private citizens.... They KNOW that though!! Which is why i dont believe it.. And SOME of them are glad to be here too lol.....

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I'm speechless....literally.

*Salute*....you deserve it!

Give'm hell Tiger!!
(And some for me while you're at it!)

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

hey there

i was in gulf war 1 too. div HQ. did the full 9 month round trip & also spent 4 1/2 years in Belfast. have seen a lot of death and turmoil in amongst all of it & also a lot of psychological issues.

that is why I'm non too happy about playing about with peoples grief!

If this march is real and is not officially prevented, then for the sake and sanity of all serving and ex servicemen something must be done

link   
edit - duplicate

[edit on 1/1/10 by osc121]

link   
edit - duplicate post

link   
edit - duplicate post

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I would love to say this is rubbish and isn't being planned, however Here is the link to the forum that is advertising the march.
If it is allowed to happen then.....Well all I can say is that if they are given permission for it to happen then we should make sure that it doen't happen by any means possible. Before it gets to Wootton Bassett,

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by osc121

Palace barracks?? I was there a LOT lol, and Ballykinler, and Lisburn.. So we may have met lol...

I was INT to 2RRF and got blown up for the trouble lol... Then Coalisland where i worked with special branch RUC, JSG and COP teams... Enough said about THAT....

However I agree with you... If this is real then there will be hell to pay... Ireally hope they dont... Because this will create more crap than they can handle...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by avriel

thanks for the link that more or less confirms this stupidity, I was beginning to think this was just some joke, but apparently not.

of more worry is that through bringing this to other peoples attention the website is getting a lot higher profile. a "hits" counter on that particular page has gone from around 400 to 11,000 in the space of 8 hours or so. Is that just the desired effect they were looking for?

I just can't help feeling that this is the start of something a little more sinister

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join