It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cultural Creatives: The New Measurable Shift of The Consciousness of The World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Hi Everyone!

I'm currently reading a new book called "WORLDSHIFT 2012; Making Green Business, New Politics & Higher Consciousness Work Together", by Ervin Laszlo (Nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize, and founder of the new " WorldShift University"). It's basically an amazing handbook for what we need to do to survive the 21st century, and how to do it. Here is a link to it on amazon:

www.amazon.ca...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262377070&sr=8-2

I think it is a must read for anyone interested in global change, and it has great forwards written by Deepak Chopra and Mikhail Gorbachev.

What I want to bring your attention too is what I think is an amazing excerpt from this book about how there is a change going on in the consciousness of the world; it is an unorganized cultural movement, but it's size and relatively can be measured.

Here we go:

"A new culture is emerging at the creative edge and is moving rapidly toward the mainstream. It's the culture of the "cultural creatives"-a term introduced by public opinion researcher Paul Ray. Their value shift embraces a shift in lifestyles, from matter- and energy-wasteful ostentation toward ways of living marked by voluntary simplicity and a search for harmony with nature.

Cultural creatives ar dedicated consumers of intense, enlightening, or enlivening experiences such as weekend workshops, spiritual gatherings, personal growth events, and experiential vacations. They view themselves as synthesizers and healers, on the personal, the community, and even on the planetary level. They are committed to holistic ways of thinking and acting, eating natural or whole foods, turning to holistic health care, searching for holistic inner experience, and seeking a holistic balance between work and play, consumption and personal growth.
(This description really hit home hard for me; almost an exact replica of how I like to view myself, and how I wish to be- Monts)

Ray's survey of March of 2008 found that most Americans are ready to embrace action for the greater good of society, even of the planet. There is a growing awareness of the need for action. Most people recognize that we are in the midst of a climate0change crisis, and they see it as a sign of a full-blown planetary emergency. Some 87 percent of the more than one thousand individuals who responded to the 500 questions in Ray's survey agreed that "we need to treat the planet as a living system"; 81 percent agreed that "corporations must take more responsibility for their impact on global warming"; 75 percent agreed that "people need to work for the good of the planet, for it is our only home"; 70 percent agreed that "I see myself as a citizen of Planet Earth as well as an American"; and 68 percent were in agreement that "at this time in history we need to see this as all one planet and one humanity".*

*The poll was conducted by the InsWisdom University. See www.wisomeuniversity.org/cultural0creatives.htm

There is awareness of the need for change especially in regard to the environment. More than 62 percent agreed that "the earth is headed for an environmental catastrophe unless we change"; 56 percent agreed that "our materialistic way of life can be replaced by a new more hopeful one"; and 51 agreed that "I am willing to do volunteer work as part of a commitment to help save the planet."

In a related finding, the Institute of Noetic Sciences found that in a significant segment of the U.S. population, thinking is changing: from competition to reconciliation and partnership; from greed and scarcity to sufficiency and caring; from outer to inner authority (from reliance on outer sources of "authority" to inner sources of "knowing"); from mechanistic to living systems (from concepts of the world modeled on mechanistic systems to perspectives and approaches rooted in the principles that inform the realms of life); and from separation to wholeness, brought about by a fresh recognition of the oneness and interconnectedness of all aspects of life and reality.

Similar changes are occurring in other parts of the world. A survey carried out in 2005 by the Italian branch of the Club of Budapest found that 35 percent of adult Italians live and act as cultural creatives. Analogous figures are coming to light in surveys in other countries of Europe, as well as in Japan, Australia, and Brazil.

Entrepreneur and environmentalist Paul Hawken estimated that there are now one million social change organizations in the world, ranging from small neighborhood associations to well0funded and relatively powerful NGOs. They share a common set of values and collectively comprise the largest social movement in history. This, Hawken noted in his 2007 book "Blessed Unrest: How the Largest Movement in the World Came into Being and Why No One Saw It Coming", is not the standard "social movement," for ordinarily movements have leaders and doctrines. The new movement is disperse, inchoate, and fiercely independent. It testifies to the emergence of what David Korten, Nicanor Perlas, and Vandana Shiva called "global civil society"-the "social expression of the awakening of an authentic planetary culture grounded in the spiritual values and social experience of hundreds of millions of people."*

*David Korten, Nicantor Perlas, and Vandana Shiva, "Gloval Civil Society: The Path Ahead" (People-Centered Development Forum, www.pcdf.org/civilsociety/default.htm).

Cultural change in society is more rapid and powerful than politicians as yet realize. A critical mass is not only ready and able to elect leaders who stand for change, it's also ready and able to provide active support for enlightened policies."

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This excerpt really gives a lot of weight to the notion that we are indeed changing as a species. Our world is becoming less about the good of ourselves, and more about the good of the planet.

I think that this movement will start coming together, and be much more noticeable and label-able by everyone in the next few years.

Imagine the kind of power this movement could have if it were organized into a single group? I think it would definitely have the potential to start a revolution for the sake of ourselves, and the world itself. If it were organized into such a structure, it would gain even more support and power by people being made aware of the existence of such a movement.

I think the main point of this article is, however, that this movement is something that has materialized without any organization or direction from outside sources- it is a movement that is occurring on an almost sub-conscious level. It means that the way we view ourselves and the world is really changing, and it is an inner, natural change that is occurring (almost an evolutionary-type step in my opinion).

I think some people might want to compare this to the “love revolution” and “flower children” movements of the 60’s, but this movement is totally different from those; it is a movement that is occurring on more of a mental level rather than a cultural or political level. There are some organizations and protests that have happened, but they truly represent a very small proportion of the people who are in support of what they stand for.

Articles such as these really give credence to the idea that our species is indeed headed for a fundamental shift in the way we think, act, and perceive our world.

It is already happening!

The best thing about this movement is that it is occurring on such a personal level that no one really notices it; or can do anything about it for that matter.

I think that The Powers That Be are going to have some serious problems to deal with in the coming years, and are really going to be at a disadvantage in terms of how to deal with such a movement without taking actions that will reveal who they are, as well as their true malicious intentions.

Peace and Hope to all,

and a Happy New Year as well,
Monts

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
"social expression of the awakening of an authentic planetary culture grounded in the spiritual values and social experience of hundreds of millions of people."*

*David Korten, Nicantor Perlas, and Vandana Shiva, "Gloval Civil Society: The Path Ahead" (People-Centered Development Forum, www.pcdf.org/civilsociety/default.htm).

How is this different from the Age of Aquarius,"New-Age" mindset I wrote about on another thread?

To me,it's all related. More about worshipping the "created" and not the "Creator". And willions of people are just fine with that!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I think we are all going through brainwave entrainment. but personally i think people are becoming more apathetic.

Remember people this is not a new age in terms of humans as we have been here before.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

It is already happening!

The best thing about this movement is that it is occurring on such a personal level that no one really notices it; or can do anything about it for that matter.

I think that The Powers That Be are going to have some serious problems to deal with in the coming years, and are really going to be at a disadvantage in terms of how to deal with such a movement without taking actions that will reveal who they are, as well as their true malicious intentions.

Peace and Hope to all,

Wow, synchronicities are happening all the time...I replied to two other threads, and this will be the third, with almost the exact same reply...

It is happening....ethics is toppling power......

With the new energy that is coming from the galactic center...raising our vibration and activating our dna...the awakening is in high gear...the veil is thinning...

We are each starting to remember that we are all connected...we are one big 'soul group' fragmented into 7 billion individual pieces...what we do to others is done to us...

The power structures around the world are starting to crumble...the 'elite' have served their purpose for our spiritual growth and are now no longer needed....

Our lessons of duality here on earth school are ending....graduation day is upon us...

2010 will be a year of celebration...

PEACE and LOVE...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainfall

2010 will be a year of celebration...

Really? I see more of the same,only worse!

We're losing our sovereignty and freedoms more every day.

The people in power are not looking out "for the people".

How exactly would "good people" be able to take hold of the reins? (I don't think it can be done.)

(Sorry for the overlapping! Aaaagh!)

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
there is definetly going to be a slight shift of the peoples consciousness but there is not going to be a celebration.. the sorrows will continue till 2012, then a BIG celebration will take place (my thoughts)

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by kostas2012

...the sorrows will continue till 2012

Sorrow is a personal decision, do smoething about it.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
To the OP, great thread and refreshing for a change.

I was surprised to find this thread with replies, but no flags or stars
I just thought, wow....seems ATS is become more and more like the news shows on TV, only the bad news is worthy of attention and some credit. Also, was strange to detect some jealousy in one particular reply.

Great job OP,
Flag & star of course

new topics

top topics

join