It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's armed militia on the rise

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

America's armed militia on the rise

www.telegraph.co.uk

However, SPLC researchers said there was a new race factor reflecting President Obama's ethnicity and immigration fears.

The groups themselves reject accusations of racism but agree that many members are deeply worried about gun control, are angered by the federal economic rescue packages, and are dismayed by government interference in areas such as health care. They voice frustration at what they perceive as America's international decline.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Oh, I just love how the stereo-typing and labeling has kicked into full force..."Extremists, racists, conspiracy-gun-nutter's"...The "profiling", and "image-painting" brainwashing program has begun.

If you are concerned about the direction things are going, and seeing the need to be prepared for an out of control big brother and its Elitist controllers who are raping society endlessly, you are now the enemy. But who is the REAL enemy here? Who REALLY needs to be the one that is watched and under surveillance?

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I know it sad how they get profiled Militia's have been around forever and are a part of this country forever and always, i got a big fat F-bomb for the MSM's.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Hope you don't mind but heres a documentary on militia's and their reason of being. I would recommend checking them out if you have one near you good training and preparedness.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Can't use profiling in the "war on foreign terrorism" but I see here profiling withregards to the "war on domestic terrorism" is in full effect. As if Clinton and Reno were still calling the shots.

The profilers have an ace in this new wave of fear mongering being the pigment of the current POTUS.

Seriously, with all the reasons we have to be pissed off and the majority of us having been pissed off the past 60+ years regardless of who the POTUS was only an imbecile would belive the angst runs as shallow as pittiful racial prejudice.

It isn't racism that makes me unnapreciative of extortion. It isn't racism that incites me to cling to my property and my liberty. Kelo v. New London had nothing to do with race. Washington beating down a bunch of farmers had nothing to do with race. Reno torching a bunch of children and shooting a mother in the head while she held her
baby and killing a little boy as he ran from the same gun that just killed his dog had absolutely nothing do with race.

On my list of aggrivations, complaints and concerns the color of a mans skin ranks quite some ways below the Sun burning out and vampires arriving from Neptune to steal my ice fishing shack.

But stupidity often takes the path of least resistance. Even if it has to manufacture that path from thin air. The fact that so many honestly believe racism is the catalyst here on both the side of the "expert" and the layman speaks volumes toward the justification of the real issues at hand mainly and namely the base fact that people are raging morons and through power of legislation and corrupted and biased representation these morons have continuously stripped the liberty away from life for all of us.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Let them wallow in their ignorance! Time and vigillance are on our side. The plain truth will eventually make itself known,woe unto those that fail to hear the call of freedom!!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I have to say that is the absolutly best reply I have ever read on this site when it comes to what is happening in American politics.

It seems to me that those who love Obama have pulled the race card every time something is said they dont like, to me it just shows how week there side is.

I think it has been a long time since America had a truley great president but hopefully it wont be too long before you have a great president again.

With that in mind who would you guys say was your best president in the 21st or 20th century?

[edit on 1-1-2010 by jpmail]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

How many times we have to read the same damn threads??

www.abovetopsecret.com...
posted a month ago

Why do the "militias" have to constantly flood our forums of their existence? I mean can we keep it to one thread? Do you need the attention? Are you not getting any beyond the conspiracy forums??

Rightwingers have been yapping on about their militias ever since 93' of Clintons democratic win. We know, we get it, you exist and to be frank we dont really care. If you want to walk around waving your guns shouting out hollow threats year after year, if you want to form clubs, thats all dandy. Its your right to do what you wish, so long as you dont hurt the innocent. So long as you dont give us another McVeigh, I dont really give a damn.

SG

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Why don't you hit every other forum and cry about duplicate threads too, sounds to me like your being titbag about the whole ordeal and you very much dislike Militias and the very subject of them.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Except that's exactly what these folks are. Go out to Idaho. Meet a few, talk to 'em, share a beer. Ask them what they think the future of the nation is.

There's a broad world of difference between the actual armed militia yahoos, and you and your fellow keyboard commandoes who think you'll save the nation with scathing invective.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
dont forget, soldiers are waking up too!

thought id add that here. seemed appropriate.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Right-Wing Militias have been rising since .. well forever ..

Thank god they are just an excuse for Grown man to play with guns in the woods ..

But if for some reason these idiots decide to "Open Fire" against their fellow citizens .. well .. the Economic and Social depression they are bitching about will be MUCH MUCH WORSE .. but once again .. NOBODY CARES ABOUT THESE SCUM .. they will never rise

They are a joke ..

[edit on 1-1-2010 by Polynomial C]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

A good portion of the militias are ex-military and returning soldiers from the wars these days.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

yea, i know, thats why i thought that video was appropriate for this thread. they are waking up to reality of whats really going on with our military industrial complex, and the racism fueled war in the middle east, and a lot more.

Anyone who defends the constitution for what it is, is great in my book. its nice to see soldiers taking more serious approach to their oaths. to protect the constitution.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
What the hell? This is the same article that appears every 4-5 months or so. I checked the article's date and it's new so I can only surmise that this article is in a tickler somewhere to be republished over and over...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

No they are different articles at different times its just the Militias are still growing fast with each year passing.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

Change a couple of words, and regurgitate the same dribble.
Militias have always been around, for the most part they are yahoos.

It's pathetic that you people can't see past your nose.

These are the very same people that if there ever was a breakdown would shoot you for your food if you were not one of them.

A militia that is not a rabble of ignorant racist goons would be an exception to the rule.

I have never seen a documentary, or a rational article about a militia that was not an excuse for a hate group.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Why did you click on the link and post????

I'm no Right Winger but I do and have known many people who are in Militia's. Militia's should be judged on an individual basis and not with the broad brush wielded by the Bigots that are among us.

Many, if not most members of these groups are people who served their country honorably and voluntarily in the military. Most of their detractors however are extremists from what I've seen.

The argument you used is classic. No opinion on the topic. Claiming to be uninvolved when in fact you are clearly are not. Were you not emotionally charged on this issue, you would not have read the post let alone complained about it and insulted those participating.

The militia members are honest and up front about who they are and what they believe. No lies, no deception and yet their detractors always resort to subterfuge. That alone reveals who can be trusted.

People call them Racist and all manner of other names and lie about them because they can not come up with a valid argument why we should not have the right to protect ourselves and our families.

History shows us it is the other side that poses the risk. The same side that sat back and watched Hitler like sacrificial lambs headed to slaughter. The same people who live in a fantasy world where no evil exists and then yell loudly for the people they condemn to save them when reality strikes.

There will come a time when they will be needed and those who insult them now will beg them to save them and they will, even though those they protect are the ones who caused it all.

It seems to be a repeating irony that the extreme on one side causes the extreme on the other to have to save them at some point. History will repeat. Eventually those who want to kiss up to the bad guys and worship at the alter of the Progressives, will weaken us until the bad guys who are always waiting decide its time to take over. Their leader will pretend to be one of them until the time is ripe and then we have another Hitler, Stalin or Mao on our hands.

Don't let your heart be troubled though. When the proverbial crap hits the fan, and it will, the people who have put up with the lies and deceit will pull the Progressives butts out of the fire once again.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
What the hell? This is the same article that appears every 4-5 months or so. I checked the article's date and it's new so I can only surmise that this article is in a tickler somewhere to be republished over and over...

It's a diversionary tactic. Simple really. Keep you busy hating some group or other as long as keeps you from paying to close attention while they stick it to us.

When anyone tries to get people to open their eyes, they know they can drown them out with hate. You won't listen to somebody you hate. They could be saving your life and you won't listen if you hate them. It's an extension of the Two Party System that keeps our country divided. It's all part of the same game plan except its top of the ninth.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Roughly 20% of the population, was formed into " malitia's", and created the country and freedoms I see excersized here to denigrate " malitia's".
While those " malitia's" risked thier lives, the other roughly 80% of the population, either coward in fear of challenging the status quo, or denied the need to challenge the status quo.
Frequently I have seen people post that no country cound take over the united states, and like wise no goverment could ever subjugate the people. Why, Because of an armed population that would resist .
Who do you think are those armed people ?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join