It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My idea of the perfect Utopia!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Do any other members share my dream?

I want to live in a world where money does not exist, where we don't wear the latest fashion, or use the latest gadgets.

I want to live in a world where people willingly do things for other people out of the kindness of there hearts, where we build our own log cabins in the forests, where we grow our own food and share it, where we respect nature.

I want to live in a world where meditation is important, and we must thank mother earth for all she provides.

Does anyone else share my dream?

We may not be able to live like this in this life, but maybe in the next life..

(But thats a whole different story)

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I want technology but only that helps society and not society help out technology (the way it goes right now like we can HAVE electric cars or cars that are run on less energy).

I want the old and new, grow forests and rainforests with technology that helps maintain environment.

I would like a system where money is number 2 in everyone lives, and help soley because they want to.

I want to live in a world where alternative medicine such as herbs and roots can replenish meditation and overall health.

I want to live in a world where can use the sunlight for another food source so we eat less or no meat. Fuse nanotechnologic solar panels in cells or make a chroloplast in human cells so that photosynthesis can occur.

I want to live in a world where people fight for justice and don't kill another for their actions or words.

ANd this can all happen if we all put our minds to it....i believe these things will occur because i feel the future...it's only up to us to educate ourselves and experimentize.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

where we grow our own food and share it,

Who would you share it with?
Strangers who just come up from nowhere?
Would you trade it for equal amounts of other foods or services.
What would you do if more people came to you for more food than you could supply?
What would you do when people take all your food and you have nothing left?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Who doesn't want a Star Trek like Utopia? However, then one has to ask, who cleans up the mess when a green crew member can't hold in his Romulan Ale as the ship goes to Warp 8?

Thing is, until we have technology that self sustains, self-repairs, and self-replicates, we'll still need people to do jobs they wouldn't necessarily want to do, but have to do...

There will always be some kind of reward system (even on Star Trek...sure, no money, but Captain's got better digs, don't he?) Even if there is just barter, money will never die...

Society is built upon specialization, and hand-in-hand with that, is the dependence on others who have a different specialty that you need...and so, you have money as a universal way to assign "worth" to a good or service...

Even if all of our needs were cared for, there would still be those who want more, and those who are content to "exist"....

new topics

top topics

join