It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Earth Carvings Found in Amazon Jungle

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by aliencatlady
reply to post by l77way

Your topic is very interesting, but the link isn't working for me.

the link works, it's to a pdf file...

Fixed Link

Hope it works here.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by jephers0n]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SugarCube

I'd rather they remain hidden, given that the one thing we have not managed to learn from 'ancient and lost civilisations' is how to prevent ourselves from imploding.

Archeaology (science) can tell us many things.
However it can not tell us what ought to be done.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Glyphs have been on my mind alot lately. Ever since seeing media accounts of the Norway Spiral, something about it seemed familiar. I did some looking around in some of the old UFO books I have and found what I was looking for in Eric Von Danikens "Chariot of the Gods". A significant portion of the supposed alien Glyphs he documented were accompanied by a spiral Glyph that looks very much like the Norway Spiral. There was even a large one seen on the Nazca Plain.
Anyone else make this connection?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
were these the people that traded with the Egyptians

In the beginning of the nineties, the Egyptian Museum in Munich initiated a research project to find out whether the ancient Egyptians had consumed the Lotus flower because of its psychedelic properties, a theory triggered by the many decorative Lotus flowers in many temples. Dr Svetla Balabanova, a renowned toxicologist of the Forensic Medicine Institute in Ulm (Germany), examined the nine mummies on request of the museum and found that, instead of Lotus flower remains, an abundance of nicotine and coc aine was present Such drugs come from the tobacco and coca plants respectively, plants that existed only in the Americas and were unknown before Columbus discovered America. To be sure, she requested that 3 other laboratories repeated the test and all came up with the same results. Even though these techniques are used in criminal lawsuits the world over and are 100% accurate, the scientific world, headed by the Oxford University, reacted furiously and denied the outcomes since it implicates that there was contact between Egypt and the Americas before Columbus, which is regarded as absolutely impossible.

www.ancientmysteries.eu... aine%20mummies/MYSTERY%20UK.html
www.flem-ath.com... aine-mummies/

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Its seems useless unless it actually means something. Stuff like this is found alot but usually doesnt mean anything.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlie083
Its seems useless unless it actually means something. Stuff like this is found alot but usually doesnt mean anything.

What exactly are you referring to, can you please elaborate?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
interesting post. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacobTheBomb
interesting post. Thanks!

Your welcome Jacob, I see you are new here, welcome to ATS.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I remember seeing a TV documentary showing and stating how there is a vast system of man made canals that network through a part of South America. I can't remember the name of the documentary or the exact area of South America they were referring to. The canals, researchers theorized, were used both as a means of transportation and irrigation of crops. What was remarkable was the very large population base that would have been supported by so many acres of crops and the amount of labor that would have been required to dig the canals.

In part of the documentary the researchers were floating along some of those canals. I wish I could be more helpful with the name of the program. I think it was during the 90's that I saw it and probably was filmed near that time or at most no more than a couple decades before then.

No one knew who built these now abandoned canals or what civilization used them. The researchers were convinced of the artificiality of the canals due to their straightness and grid like nature with many right angle waterway intersections.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by QtheQ]

[edit on 1-1-2010 by QtheQ]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I have deciphered the meanings of these carvings:
Any future a*holes that cut these precious forests down to reveal these writings will be cursed!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Looks like a crop circle cousin or something. I've even heard of entire cities under the Amazon and tunnel systems that run across the entire continent. The Amazon is so unexplored that they probably haven't found 99% of the secrets to be discovered.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
Excuse me...

Ancient earth carvings, 700 years ago?

Am I missing something?

Was there carvings of Atlantis or something?

Are the writings ancient?

Nice find anyways.

I feel exactly the same way. That's the 'best before' date on my jar of marmite.

No offence OP but where I'm from 700 yrs is not 'ancient'. We have houses that have been continuously lived in and owned by the same family for longer than 700 yrs. But in your defense they do use the same word in the link.

Personally I don't think rainforests or jungles should be cut down for things as recent as that. We already have great intel for those periods and regions.

However, an earlier poster correctly pointed out that for these structures to have been there at all, it means that when they were in use there were no trees there anyway.

Another poster then countered that line of reasoning by stating these places were small settlements, so overall there was more tree coverage back in those days. But that is not true. Whenever I read these types of stories the archaeologists always mention how surprisingly and at first unbelievably huge they are. And this case is no exception. I seem to remeber one of these when mapped was found to be as large or larger than Manhattan, whilst another had an area of 250 square miles!

One other point to mention is that many of these structures were never structures as we think of them today. Many were, open spaces, city squares, ceremonial pathways, agricultural plots etc etc etc

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by spookfish

I agree that 700 years isn't exactly ancient, also agree they shouldn't be destroying our rain forests, especially to feed the Western World, don't they have enough as it is.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by QtheQ
I remember seeing a TV documentary showing and stating how there is a vast system of man made canals that network through a part of South America.

"We" the modern world need to adjust our perception of what a "civilization" is/was. I've seen that same documentary. They had medium and Large settlements strewn across the jungle with a very well kept highway system connecting them to each other.

If we are looking for massive "Stone" cities we would be wasting our time. I am however hopeful that some day we will find evidence of "Mound" building.

For your reading pleasure.

Ancient America Rocked!

AND

Olmec Giant Stone Heads Mystery Solved?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
After more extensive reasearch on this topic (about a minute's worth), I've decyphered the message contained in the glyphs:

The falling of trees to uncover these glyphs is strictly prohibited!
-- Ancient Amazon Ordinance 574/A

[edit on 2-1-2010 by mckyle]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
As time passes we will find more and more of them IMO.
For what it's worth I finished this book back in July. I enjoyed every page.

‘The Lost City of Z’: In search of an Amazon explorer who disappeared in 1925

Fawcett, who reportedly “regarded the risk of death as the most piquant sauce of life,” had studied at the Royal Geographical Society in London. He had learned there how to lead an expedition, make pillows from mud, provide merriment in grim times for fellow explorers; how gunpowder could be used as an emetic if poison had been swallowed. He had been taught all about flesh-eating piranhas and electric eels that shot 650 volts into their victims. He was more than ready, at the end of his course, to set off into the wilderness as a leader of other men.

Before long, the Geographical Society had sent him to Bolivia to map the borders between Bolivia, Brazil and Peru. A year ahead of schedule, he had completed his assignment and was back in England looking for a new adventure.

On a 1910 expedition, again to Bolivia, he managed to befriend some Amazon Indians. They were musical and artistic. He came upon shards of skillfully designed ancient ceramics. And he began wondering if there might not once really have been a rich city in the depths of the jungle.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by SLAYER69]

When I get new information like this and others, I do what I like to call cross researching in other sciences to help see if what is shown is possible and I got something. The Amazon 8,000 years ago was savanna and grassland with some maybe spots of rainforests. This was during the Ice Age or more like toward the end of the Ice Age. So when the Ice Age was in full swing back 20 to 30,000 years ago it was definitely savanna and grassland. So by this area being like that it's real possible for some civilization that existed in this region that got swallowed up by the increase in rain river/ocean levels rising and also the increase in tropical fauna once enough moisture was there. Again we are seeing small pieces of intelligence or civilization well past the Western worlds 5 to 6 thousand year view of history (which coincidentally fit the bible hmmmmmm). I know that the researchers in this article are saying 700 years ago or 1,000 years ago, but I don't buy that. They are just saying that because they may think hmmmm the so and so people lived in this area around this time so they must have been the ones to dig this and other designs in this part of the amazon. This type of logic is the old dark ages logic of fire comes from wood, ergo wood is impregnated with fire.

They try to fit the discoveries in the 5 to 6 thousand year timeline. But if you do your research and look at the logic of that area of the world being a savanna which incidentally would be alot easier to make these things in an area that is a grassland instead of a massive rainforest. And on top of that, it's done in a pretty good design and unless this was a foundation for a wooden fort or massive village complex the only way this design could be seen is from the air. And to dissuade the people who may think that this was designed to line up with the stars, here's something to think about. If it was cut out of the rainforest, how would they be able to line up stars on the horizon because there would still be trees and brush close to the horizon. Of course I could believe it a little if it was done in a savannah but that would put it back at least 8,000 years ago (8,000 to 21,000 years ago, can you imagine that). You can't have it both ways. That is why many of the researchers are getting debunked. Here's another little secret I came across also in finding out how the Mainstream scientists came up with the info. You google the reported age of the area and see who or what group said it was this age and you will find out that alot of articles have referenced that group or those people as gospel. When in reality they may not have done a good job or just guessed and they ran with it.

Cross research over other disciplines to see if it fits. With this one, what fits better is that these massive carvings where done at a time that there wasn't a forestation in the region. We are getting closer to the time where something is going to be found that won't be able to be hidden or explained so easily. Like finding a massive stone city in that region.

educate-yourself.org...

[edit on 2-1-2010 by hoghead cheese]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Soya beans grow so WELL in Georgia, Alabama - the south - that the big reason I think they are growing them there is simply LABOR being cheap - it's easy to think Oh the US is SO overpopulated when you live in a city, but you can drive for miles and miles and miles and miles in the rural south and see tons of fields just growing hay, or nothing. Huge yards of grass, fields of cattle, that really don't have that many cattle in them.

They say the land down there is really not that fertile. The rain forest sustains itself, but the land burns out quickly once it is burnt and planted.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

You are correct in that it's cheap to grow soya beans there and it also sustains their economy to some extent..the problem is once the land can no longer produce the trees do not grow back.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
A book I read for a college anthropology class might interest some of the viewers interested in the topic of the Amazon cultures. The book is called The Yanomamo, by Napoleon Chagnon, which is an indigeneous Amazon tribe that at the time of writing was untouched by advanced civilization.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Well thats good to know that.Last year i discovered a round pattern like this in the Amazon jungle.It looked like it was about one kilometer wide with a centre point.I sent the detailed report to NASA but never heard back from them about what they believed it was.It was located in a area called masso grasse.A area of what seemed like unexsployed jungle with out towns,roads or tracks.I discovered a lot of what seemed like ancient sites in this area too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join