It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over One Million Iraqi Deaths Caused by US Occupation

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

To expect that these people will not fight back is magical thinking... would you tolerate

Well, permit me to respond since I just returned home after my second tour in Iraq. The vast majority of bad guys that we took care of....werent Iraqis. Every other week we had Iraqi families on our base...medical checkups....games with the kids....not nearly the angry mob that you appearantly believe exists...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
---And like we are not paying and will continue to pay for are part. And i dont mean with money

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999

To expect that these people will not fight back is magical thinking... would you tolerate

Well, permit me to respond since I just returned home after my second tour in Iraq. The vast majority of bad guys that we took care of....werent Iraqis. Every other week we had Iraqi families on our base...medical checkups....games with the kids....not nearly the angry mob that you appearantly believe exists...

Hello there and Happy New Year and also Welcome Home. Help us out here, what do the Iraq people want?, how do they feel? What do they talk about?. Please tell us more about them, The everyday people of Iraq!!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by arcana_imperii

Remember a government who kills like ours and leaves the depleated uranium for future kills [i have seen the birth defects] then that country will do these things to its own people ---911---911---911---somebody please start a freedom party---a real 1

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Looks like we're starting to catch up with the estimated 1.5 million we killed with our sanctions regime in the previous decade.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
Looks like we're starting to catch up with the estimated 1.5 million we killed with our sanctions regime in the previous decade.

You mean the sanctions that were voted on and approved by the UN, correct?

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by FortAnthem

You mean the sanctions that were voted on and approved by the UN, correct?

Yep, those are the ones.

Every time the UN tried to vote to lift the sanctions, the US threatened to use their veto power to continue the sanctions despite the outcry from humanitarian organizations.

Global Policy Forum

The UN Security Council imposed comprehensive economic sanctions against Iraq on August 6, 1990, just after the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait. When the coalition war had ousted Iraq from Kuwait the following year, the Council did not lift the sanctions, keeping them in place as leverage to press for Iraqi disarmament and other goals. The sanctions remained in place thereafter, despite a harsh impact on innocent Iraqi civilians and an evident lack of pressure on Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein. A UN "Oil-for-Food Programme," started in late 1997, offered some relief to Iraqis, but the humanitarian crisis continued. The US and UK governments always made it clear that they would block any lifting or serious reforming of sanctions as long as Hussein remained in power.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

edit to add evidence.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by FortAnthem]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I wish there was no war. I see no need for war, I don't know why anyone else would.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by intothelight

Most of them just want to be able to live their lives free of the tyranny of the Hussein family and free of the factions wanting to be the next Hussein family. No more secret prisons, no more Saddams Flowers floating down the Tigris....the ability to speak your mind without getting shot....corny as it will sound to some....they want freedom.

They still have a ways to go, but they are getting there.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

You forget a key snippet. Each time that arrangements were made to ensure the Iraqi people get what they needed, Saddam would take the money and build new palaces or more weapons.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Swampfox46_1999

I think they wanted security first, then freedom. Freedom without security is not freedom.

People need the following, in this order:

1. Water
2. Food
3. Shelter
4. Security
5. Freedom

When we went in, we leapt straight on past 1-4, put some dye on some folks' fingers, and proclaimed success. Never mind the attacks on the polling stations, the millions without shelter, the lack of water, or even the fact that people didn't really know who they were voting for as the political parties could not compete fairly with the interim government for press access in order to disseminate their manifestos.

The whole thing makes me f-ing sick to my stomach.

I'm glad Saddam was gone (I'm not happy he was executed, though, but that's another discussion), I just wish it was on the Iraqis' terms, not ours. It wasn't any of our business to wade in and screw up a country so royally for absolutely no reason. Disgusting.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

And you've spent how long in Iraq? Appearantly, not long enough. We have been working on all those issues since we first went in.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

This thread brings me back memories of a member back in the days that used to keep a thread of the dead toll in Iraq, he was blasted by many members that still were taken by the lies of the Iraqi war . . . he is not longer posting in ATS he was actually so mistreated is was a shame.

Still a lot of people didn't wanted to know the facts, many of the early death toll where children, babies, the reality of the hundred of thousand orphans now starving in Iraq is something nobody wants to hear.

Let also not forget the exodus of Iraqis that could afford to leave the country, only those less fortuned and those with something to gain from the invasion still remind. . .

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Swampfox46_1999

Yes, but in the wrong order. Getting people to vote when they're still being blown up by the hundreds isn't helping anyone. If they'd spent as much time and effort in trying to secure the country instead of performing that ridiculous democracy theatre (which must have been to support the claims of invasion for democracy), then the country would be better off right now.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999
reply to post by intothelight

Most of them just want to be able to live their lives free of the tyranny of the Hussein family and free of the factions wanting to be the next Hussein family. No more secret prisons, no more Saddams Flowers floating down the Tigris....the ability to speak your mind without getting shot....corny as it will sound to some....they want freedom.

They still have a ways to go, but they are getting there.

Oh please !! Keep that Bush propaganda with yourself. Saddam acts were mere a fetus in front of Bush/ Dick Cheney acts. What USA did in Iraq was start an "illegal war" and committed genocide in Iraq based on lies and propaganda.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Obama...END THE WAR or resign.

Give me an anti-war president please!

No more death of children and soldiers.....it's got to stop....do you want this happening in our country?

That's where we are headed if we don't stop!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
War is the domain of our lowest insticts and desires. It makes a mockery of all that we could be and achieve. I would rather die a pacifist then pick up a gun and kill another human being. Violence begest violence and always will. Bombs to do not bring freedom or instill healthy friendly relations. There is no enemy we did not make, there is no fate but what we create.

War is madness

Cheers

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain

Oh please !! Keep that Bush propaganda with yourself. Saddam acts were mere a fetus in front of Bush/ Dick Cheney acts. What USA did in Iraq was start an "illegal war" and committed genocide in Iraq based on lies and propaganda.

Really, Gus?

I mean, have you done any research into Saddam's rule, or are you just blind?

Saddam fed people to woodchippers. He was schwacking Kurds like it was a national sport.

And how about Saddam's sons? Torturing soccer players if they lost. Kidnapping and raping women off the street.

Kuwait is still trying to find out what happened to many of their citizens that were "disappeared" during the first Gulf War. I know that US troops found many of them. In a mass grave.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Really, Gus?

Yes, really.

Second line.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

So Saddam was a dick leader who abused his power .

By Murdering 1000,000 in a illegal occupation, that makes it better?

I fail to see your logic

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join