It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirituality

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Spirituality.

The word comes from Latin and means animating life force.
Thus spirit is breath as breath is animating life force.

Many words used in todays language referring to breath, use the root word spirit.

Aspire, aspirations, conspire, (in the same breath), expire, (breath/spirit exits), despirited, (depressed spirit), inspire, (the spirit within), respirate, (breathing the spirit in and out).

We humans must breathe oxygen, to live. The lot of oxygen is mixed with blood, and food to allow us to create thoughts. Our will most often determines how we use the food and oxygen (spirit).

The primary function of the will is the employment of the combination of food and oxygen to choose life, to remain alive.

Use your will judiciously and carefully in which thoughts you create and believe for accounting purposes.

Basic human nature is willfully disobedient and self centered and selfish. Look at a baby.

More wise humans teach and train these self centered, willful little humans to discipline themselves and use an external set of values and controls to do so.
Rules, laws, dictates, creeds, commandments.

Wiser humans instill a brainwashing so to say, called morals and values.

The developing child will learn these morals and values between the age of three to nine on the average.

By ten the individual is again developing their willful self expression.
Their willful expression of themselves will be their choosing to use their spirit in a positive activity or negative activity.

For the most part values, rules, morals are codified in a religion.

In th beginning was God. He existed with his word, which requires spirit or breath to occur.

God said with and in and through his word and the medium was carried on the spirit or breath of God.

Genesis.

The Bible is the in(spired) WORD of GOD.
There fore it is a living breathing spirit filled medium for instruction and knowledge.

Whatever God does with His Spirit is Holy.

He created oxygen, spirit, will and laws to follow both in nature and in spirit.

I follow those spiritual dictates via the INSPIRED WORD OF GOD as found in the BIBLE as closley as possible.

So wisely use your will to follow and parallel the will of GOD as inspired in the WORD of GOD with his Holy Spirit and the WORD of GOD made flesh in JESUS.

Amen
Signed by a
Roman Catholic
Knight of Columbus

[edit on 1-1-2010 by fmcanarney]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Great!

pneuma - vital spirit
psyche - human soul
both Greek = BREATHE~

PRANA - vital principle
sanskrit = BREATH~

Chi - vital force
chinese = BREATH~

notice how few, from different parts of Earth, in ancient world, start with letter P....
was a ubiquitious phenomena

BREATHE in VITAL ENERY

LOVE

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by awake1234

I went to your website and discovered pantheism.
I discovered polytheism.
Monotheism is opposed to polytheism and pantheism.

And vice versa.

I look at systems that use pantheism as their core belief and it shows that the evolutionary result is that individuals in the religion become little gods unto themselves.

The WORD of GOD as outlined in the BIBLE contains prophets who when Inspired by GOD wrote of future events, which did indeed happen.

So your description is God disintegrated into billions of parts?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by fmcanarney
Spirituality.

God said with and in and through his word and the medium was carried on the spirit or breath of God.

Genesis.

The Bible is the in(spired) WORD of GOD.
There fore it is a living breathing spirit filled medium for instruction and knowledge.

Whatever God does with His Spirit is Holy.

He created oxygen, spirit, will and laws to follow both in nature and in spirit.

I follow those spiritual dictates via the INSPIRED WORD OF GOD as found in the BIBLE as closley as possible.

So wisely use your will to follow and parallel the will of GOD as inspired in the WORD of GOD with his Holy Spirit and the WORD of GOD made flesh in JESUS.

Amen
Signed by a
Roman Catholic
Knight of Columbus

I'll also "Amen" that!
Signed by a
Fundamentalist Christian
(with no "associations"!)

The Holy Spirit is alive and well!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by fmcanarney

Glad you visited the website - if by my site you are referring to WingMakers~
It would be appreciated if you will elaborate how you determine the site to have pantheistic/polytheistic figures...
My view of God, the biblical creator of Earth, is that of an advanced being that has been personified by human worship, which may or may not reflect an actual entity.
My view of Source, the creator of the universe, is unfathomable by current human understanding.
Placed in context - Source created God, god created man.

Thus, to answer your question, yes: Source is in all things, and all things are in Source~

LOVE

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Shades of Stairway to Heaven by Led Zepplin.

polytheism is that GOD is in everything.

pantheism not monotheism.

So the SOURCE is the ultimate creator then I gather?

Seems you are usurping and placing a strange God before HIM, and that is a no no.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Great post.

I'm a bit rushed for time at the moment but will return and post something with reference to the *spiritual* importance of 'breath' and 'breathing' within my own culture - NZ Maori.

The Breath - or Ha as we refer to it, is viewed within our culture as being beyond merely sustaining a PHYSICAL life, but very much the more core element of who were are as SPIRITUAL beings as well - and how we also interact and operate as such.

Another reference we have to The Breath is called Na....that is more the active/activated essence of that 'initial breath', of the creative breath instilled and originating from that which we view us our Creator.

...will get into more deeper later, and post up some key words/concepts that relate to the nature of 'Ha/Na'...

Excellent post.

Cheers,
NZ Maori
Roman Catholic

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

~before we begin discussing which religious view is correct - perhaps you will answer what about the WingMakers (if that is the site youre referring to) gave you the impression there was anything to do with gods (1 or many) because the materials explicitly refer to WingMakers as myth~

Polytheism IS Monotheism - ALL is ONE

LOVE

[edit on 1-1-2010 by awake1234]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Although I dont read the Bible and am not a Christian, nor member of any Religion at all, I agree with your thoughts on breathe, spirit, morals, values and God.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

you've made a vital point talking about breath and associating it to spirituality.

it is indeed the first step toward consciousness.

i've heard by some monk one day that meditation is not a path for a roman catholic monk and that he would never do it (he suggested it was satanic practice !)

how sad... meditation is purely breathing exercises. i believe you should try then you'll umaybe nderstand awake1234 better.

spiritual knowledge is not to be found in the bible but in yourself.

breath
peace

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Sought through prayer and meditation to improve my conscious contact with GOD.

Prayer is using the oxygen/spirit to create positive words and messages.
Words we create to be carried by the HOLY SPIRIT to GOD.

Meditation is quietly listening for the SPIRIT to bring some WORDS back to me from GOD.

Prayer most often puts into words what is in my heart.
Often there is much in my heart, sometimes conflicting ideas.
So my mind becomes full of passionate words.

Meditation is the process of emptying my mind of all thought, words, ideas, wants, needs, pleadings and focusing on the SPIRIT to create a listening heart and mind and emotion and soul.

The SPIRIT I pray to hear is from GOD.

I am blessed with a mind of reason which can discern if the message is true to the written WORD of GOD, the BIBLE.

Reason and passion are opposed to each other but they are both present in my home and must become friends at the insistence of my will.

Since most lower animals operate off of instinct and passion, and my reason is what sets me as human to a higher plane of functioning, I choose my REASON to be the master of my PASSION.

see this link for a comparison of the difference between reason and passion please.

www.piney.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">why is reaon ruling over passion? follow this link please

When my reason discerns that it has found the right thing to do, then I let my reason unleash my passion act upon what reason dictates.

My will is the helmsman of my ship, and I as the Captain seek through prayer and meditation to know what GOD would like for me to do and ask for the power to carry that out.

So I am cautious about using my spirit in erroneous fashions.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
It appears your path brings you very close to God - Creator.
It appears our paths are different, but it is best to follow the path your heart leads.
It is good to see you hear Spirit within you.

This may interest those visiting this thread.
It is called Quantum Pause
Its a breathing technique described by James, author of WingMakers, in his e-paper titled Living From The Heart at eventtemples.com...

This link provides a quick synopsis of the technique Quantum Pause from an excerpt of an interview of James with Project Camelot:
www.scribd.com...
The entire interview is here:
www.projectcamelot.org...

LOVE

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

1. The energy centers of the soul carrier (sometimes referred to as chakras) are the conduits of UIS energy to the soul carrier – at all levels – physically, emotionally, and mentally. This increase in UIS energy vibrationally shifts the soul carrier, causing it to have greater access to the consciousness of soul.

polytheism god is all and in all

2. As the frequency of soul is accessed, the soul carrier gains an appreciation and growing realization that it is the carrier wave expression of a God-Fragment interacting with the worlds of linear time, crystallized matter, and three-dimensional space. This new perception portends a transformative identity and value shift.

God Fragment???

Where does it say that in Gods word???

The Grand Portal is holographic, emitting from First Source and extending to UIS, embedded within the master template, conducted into the quantum fields of the genetic mind, drawn into the energetic systems of the soul carrier, and finally coiled within the DNA molecule of the species. This masterful interchange of energy, information, and expression is orchestrated by the magnetic field that surrounds the Grand Portal.

The Grand Portal is similar to a gravitational field that entrains all surrounding matter to its presence. This presence is electromagnetically released into the three-dimensional realms, whereby it becomes the beckoning force that literally tows a species through time and space to the Grand Portal, and through the energetic field that it represents.

New Age regurgitated Indic and Chinese philosophy.

..INTRODUCTION

This website is designed to introduce the Lyricus Teaching Order officially for the first time on our planet. Its content will provide a detailed background on Lyricus, its purpose, structure, and orientation to planetary and species evolution.

Lyricus.org will initially provide discourses and special music selections that can be listened to while reading the discourses. Over time, this website will provide new materials that will include significant excerpts from Liminal Cosmogony as well as new discourses, related music, and various information about the externalization process that Lyricus is involved in relative to humanity.

Ultimately, the Lyricus.org website will be a central repository for the key knowledge required to discover the Grand Portal – the irrefutable scientific discovery of the human soul. This is an exciting extension of the WingMakers revelation, and the Lyricus.org website will provide companion materials to heighten the understanding of the cosmic forces that are at work on earth.

For those who are interested in being alerted to new content additions, it is recommended that you register on the WingMakers.com website. Your email is kept absolutely private and will only be used to alert you to new updates on both WingMakers.com and Lyricus.org websites.

I already know that I have a soul and do not need it to be discovered scientifically in order to have proof.

You are exercizing tremendous "FAITH" in what you HOPE and would LOVE to be discovered.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Question 3: Do you think that something akin to "The WingMakers" inspired you to create this Myth, or are you just lonely and a little bored?

I was not inspired to create the WingMakers' mythology; I was commissioned to perform this specific task. No one requires inspiration to carry out a task required of them by the very nature of their purpose as a life form. Further, I did not create a myth; I translated a Tributary Zone into a sensory data stream that can catalyze the human thalamocortical system to awaken its innate connection to the Genetic Mind. I refer to it as a mythology only because I must convey -- in good conscience -- that the material is not completely factual.

Question 8: If the WingMakers story is both truth and fiction, how are we to discern which is which? If the identity of the WingMakers is quite authentic (i.e. true), how can it also be myth (i.e. fiction)?

Buddha stated: "All reality is a myth. Myth becomes ever nearer to reality." The quality of one's discernment is proportional to their ability to accelerate their movement to the Sovereign Integral state of consciousness. A system of philosophy like the WingMakers requires a high-level of discernment, and it is therefore teaching on multiple levels simultaneously by intermixing truth and fiction.

This material is not meant for the weak of mind or lazy of heart. It is extremely challenging on many different levels, discernment being one of them. There is a significant amount of information encoded into the art and music that bypasses the conscious mind. In this way, discernment is not required. However, the Ancient Arrow Project story is indeed fiction based on acquired insight of factual scenarios.

Buddha is not GOD.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

i don't know man, too much dogma

too much dependent of the bible, it's weird. you introduce this connection between the spirit and the breathing but you're not seeing the full insight of it. also your devotion practice (what you call prayers) seem very self-centred.

i wish you that you're really controlling perceptions as you say do.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ::.mika.::

okay thank you.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Glad you invested the time to actually read the WingMakers materials...it supports your claimed dedication to reason!
Although nearly all of the quotes youve supplied are taken out of context, and viewed from a religious perspective - it is to be expected as this is your world-view...and it is not my desire to critique your belief system.
We each are on our own path.
Although you would do well to respect others beliefs - as you criticize my beliefs for the very same self proclaimed 'faith' and 'hope' of the religious!
Regardless - it is your choice to keep 'your' thread coherent - as it initially centered upon BREATH...

BREATHE~~~

LOVE

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Odd....I clicked on the thread due to the title of 'Spirituality' which is how I see a personal relation should be while seeking God.

But then the OP went on to talk about the word of God in the Bible...

Im not sure how much 'spirituality' is being understood here.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Yes it is fantasy and fact intertwined to educate on multiple levels of vibration.

To become master of your emotions.

Lets use this following model of a human:

Imagine an onion cut in half bisecting the center core at its equator.

The result is concentric circles becoming larger and larger till you reach the outer skin.

The core of a human is SPIRITUAL
next layer VOLITIONAL
next EMOTIONAL
" " INTELLECTUAL/MENTAL
" " ACTUAL
" " PHYSICAL

Being spiritually sick causes one to not have willful control over their emotions, thoughts, and actions.

You have to take the spiritual medicine daily to treat the spiritual illness.

And the will then must seek to know and be bound to the will of our Creator, God.

Resentment is the root of all spiritual yearnings, illness and spiritual longing.

Look into the word resentment as this is what the need for forgiveness is all about.

What is the shortest verse in the Bible?

Emotions are Sad Hurt Afraid Ashamed Angry Glad.

If you are sick spiritually then you can be said to have an ill will.
A good will comes from a healthy spirit.
The spirit needs medicine daily just like the body needs food.

Just because meditating makes one "FEEL" good does not mean that it is treating your spirit.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

God is evident in science as what He created.
God is evident in your con science as well.

The Old Testament covenant was of the law.
The New Testament covenant is of the Spirit.

LEOVIRGO, your handle is of the zodiac?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join