It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People with Infrared cameras..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
If anyone has an infrared camera is it possible to hook it up to the computer and be able to broadcast it on the internet? I was thinking maybe somebody could leave it outside and point it up in the sky and stream it live on the internet so everybody can watch, just a thought.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Thyhorrorcosmic

If your interested in that do a google search for Infrared Web Cams hook it up and stream it

Or Infrared Security Cams

[edit on 1-1-2010 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I would mate but its rough as ferk round here the camera would`nt last five minutes round here before it was nicked!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
You might also want to Google "video over IP" or "NTSC over IP"

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
You need to be aware that if you intend to be streaming video at a resolution that is high enough to be practical for this, then once you have several viewers online bandwidth is going to get very expensive.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

The FLIR Systems, Patrol and Command Models
Still Image Storage, Format SD Card, JPEG; 320 × 240 resolution
Video Storage, Format Approx. 8 seconds/Mb on SD Card, 320 × 240 MPEG-4
Wireless RF Transmission
Frequency, Format, Range
2.4 GHz, 320 × 240 MPEG-4, Approx 33’

so the answer is yes they can kind of a small picture though

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

G'day Thyhorrorcosmic...

That's an interesting idea.

However technical & cost issues notwithstanding, you'll almost certainly produce a lot of videos of “normal” objects that will be mistaken for UFO’s (using the word in the classical sense).

For example, there have been many threads on ATS showing birds that have been mistaken for UFO’s.

From everything I have read about the IR / night-vision method of observing UFO’s, it appears you must have a lot of expertise to:

- Select the correct equipment

- Know how to use it properly

- Interpret that which you are observing & videoing

You might find it interesting to do an ATS search & review some of the threads regarding this topic.

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Yes -- how would someone several thousand miles from the camera watching an internet feed know if they were seeing a craft high in the sky or a bird/bat not so high in the sky? I suppose a flock of geese high in the sky could be misidentified as a squadron of UFOs.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Yes -- how would someone several thousand miles from the camera watching an internet feed know if they were seeing a craft high in the sky or a bird/bat not so high in the sky? I suppose a flock of geese high in the sky could be misidentified as a squadron of UFOs.

G'day Soylent Green Is People

I've looked at a lot of these IR / NV videos & I agree completely.

As a very basic issue, people seem not to understand the difference between IR & NV (as in light collecting or amplification). This causes a lot of strong argument on ATS.

The only IR / NV video I've seen that was intriguing as in it did not show birds, planes or satellites was the "flying triangle" formation that was the subject of a long thread.

Here’s a shortened video regarding this “flying triangle”:

Here’s the thread as originally started by Zorgon:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I note that Phage thought it might have been a formation of refueling military planes.

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I remember that one -- it was very interesting. Although that alone isn't enough to declare it and ET craft (and I DO realize that you did not make that claim).

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. That was just another unexplained event with several potential terrestrial explanations -- and, yes, a potential extraterrestrial explanation.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I remember that one -- it was very interesting. Although that alone isn't enough to declare it and ET craft (and I DO realize that you did not make that claim).

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. That was just another unexplained event with several potential terrestrial explanations -- and, yes, a potential extraterrestrial explanation.

As I think about it...

That would appear easy to "CGI".

I saw Avatar yesterday.

If they can do that, they can make a few dots fly around!

new topics

top topics

join