It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The dawn of a new decade has begun!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Hello my fellow ATS crew. The new year has arrived and we are ready to start making some changes. The changes im talking about are the ones that will have a direct impact to every nation. As quoted from Tupac "Lets change the way we eat, lets change the way we live and lets change the way we treat each other" so lets press the issue. What ever happened to the american dream? The dream to one day own your house and not worry on it being reposessed. The job that you could be proud to have that supported your family worryfree. To live in peace with neighbors both foreign and domestic. Was it all a lie or was that dream meant for those with power and riches? When my family and I use to live in Los angeles back in the early 90's we lived in a place called "the barrio" where there was only latinos and gang bangers, but when the riots of 92 occured I saw the nearest grociery market on my block engulfed in flames. I was a little kid back then but I remember it vividly. People in the streets were fighting each other and I didnt know why. To this very day I still dont know why peace is so hard to come by. This world should not be remembered for suffering, poverty and destruction but for advancements to civilizations, learning about our full potential and space exploration. How many centuries must pass before we realize how wrong we were and admit that we could have done better for our children and future generations? We can still make it happen, it is not too late to make a stand and fight for what is right. The end of the world doesnt always have to be a reality, but a warning of things to come should we fail in letting people know whats really going on. So if you feel like I do and are ready to make a stand for what you believe is right then by all means let your friends and family know to stop being selfish and start helping others where it counts the most. Lets make the world proud of our accomplishments, not mistakes.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by Stop-loss!]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I see some $&F's already. Dont be shy in replies, feel free to input anything on the topic

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Just a thought, but maybe the "end of the world" is a good way of creating the dream that you are thinking of. Of course, I'm not talking about the entire destruction of humanity, but an effective down-sizing in global population.

I'm not condoning this, but if we're completely objective it as an option that would have significant benefits in the medium-long term, at least statistically and economically speaking.

Just a thought...

(Terms & Conditions apply)

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Nice post. I know when you help someone or give of yourself, you just feel better. Maybe our fate is not sealed but warned. Maybe we can change horrible predictions if we change ourselves. Instead of new years resolutions of loosing weight, traveling and other self-involved things, we should make resolutions to help someone or something to make the world better. Wishing you a happy and blessed 2010.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by maybee

Its true. If we acted now instead of in the future, think of how many possible realities can transpire. To change something today instead of tommorow can have a direct impact on the world.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Explanation: I'll probably earn a warning or a ban etc. for this post but what the hell eh since life is short!

This is how I am going to stand up and be counted.....

I'm a very militant Aussie and that requires me to take action in my own backyard 1st. The proximity of this "backyard" is limited to myself and the bonus for me is I get to place me EXACTLY in the most effective wider local environment for PR purposes!

See these giants whose shoulders I shall be standing upon when I enact my "Pinky and the Brain" PLAN!

Thích Quảng Đức [wiki]

Norman Morrison [wiki]

Alice Herz [wiki]

Roger Allen LaPorte [wiki]

Florence Beaumont [wiki]

George Winne Jr. [wiki]

Malachi Ritscher [wiki]

List of others and the explicit method used by all. [wiki]

Personal Disclosure: Just like the profound burning Sun of a new dawn I shall, in the spirits of the diggers who have gone before me and who wore the Rising Sun ANZAC badge, show unrelenting courage and skillfull determination in blazing a clear path to the truth!

P.S. For anybody who is concerned by my potential "loss" to the human race I seriously suggest you ALL would be better off without the immoral and legally insane monster that is I!

Edited to remove accidental junk. :shk: Soz me a

Edited to add link origin.
[edit on 1-1-2010 by OmegaLogos]

[edit on 1-1-2010 by OmegaLogos]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Thanks for the links OL. Your sacrifice will not be in vain, should you be banned, warned etc. I believe that sometimes sacrifices must be made in order to achieve peace with the world. ATS still needs you OL just hang in there.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Either through action or inaction we make our own reality.
If we continue doing what we're doing we will continue getting what we have. One definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing over and over again expecting a different result.

When the masses become aware of the greater picture and realize we are but a very tiny part of a much more massive and grander whole then maybe we can finally pull our heads out of our backside and close ranks.

When we all find the similarities in each other instead of focusing on the differences between us only then will we [GET IT!]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thanks for the reply slayer. I think people are starting to wake more now then they did decades ago, but thanks to people like us we can inform people and show them the error of their ways. $tar for you.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!

Thanks for the links OL. Your sacrifice will not be in vain, should you be banned, warned etc. I believe that sometimes sacrifices must be made in order to achieve peace with the world. ATS still needs you OL just hang in there.

Explanation:

Personal Disclosure:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Thanks again OL. I think you can still make a difference on ATS without setting yourself on fire
. I know you also want the truth, but sometimes the truth will come to us, unexpectedly I might add

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

whoops double post, my bad.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by Stop-loss!]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I have the utmost respect for you Stop-loss!, for being where you are and what you are doing, and that you still have such a great attitude for the future of mankind, I to hope the people of the world can stop for a minuet and put down their arms and just get together and talk about it for a minuet, i am sure they will find we are not all that dissimilar, we all really want the same things in life, Freedom, health for ourselves and our children, a little wealth, just enough to be comfortable and happy, and to pass any extra to the less fortunate than ourselves. But we do need to cut through the greed in this world to get to that point, and like you say many are waking to it, and seeing it for what it is. soon i hope soon,

Much respect to you, hoeing your speedy return to your family as soon as is possible.
Neo

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neo5842

Thanks for the reply and I really like your signature. The world will find peace even if its not in our lifetime. Time for some changes

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SugarCube

The end of the world will be when the sun gives out or a meteor as big as the moon hits us and were all dead, but I dont see that happening for another million years or so.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
A martyr pays a price for Freedom that others, individually, cannot bear. His martyrdom only serves the Masters for the slaves see the strength of the hold of his chains, and regrettably return to their toil. There is another way.

Stop being a slave!

Simply stop.

I am a King

And, so are you.

Declare it so, believe it so, pray it so, and it is so.

See my Plan at the link below.

With Love,

Your Brother

new topics

top topics

join