It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

APNewsBreak: Saudi, Norway gov'ts give MILLIONS to Clinton

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Does anyone else see a problem with this?

I know... there is going to be people in here that says that they are doing a lot of good with this money, and they are just doing what every other big political figure has done... but with the position that Hillary is in, I believe that this is a conflict of interest.

Source: Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Foreign countries including Saudi Arabia and Norway gave millions of dollars to former President Bill Clinton's charity as Hillary Rodham Clinton served her first year as President Barack Obama's secretary of state.

A donor list released on New Year's Day by the William J. Clinton Foundation shows that Saudi Arabia and Norway each donated somewhere between $10 million to $25 million to the former president's charity.

The biggest donors included the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, which gave more than $25 million.

But wait... there's more!

In addition to Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates' foundation, Canadian mining tycoon and Radcliffe Foundation chief executive Frank Giustra, the Children's Investment Fund Foundation and UNITAID each gave more than $25 million.

and this...

Bill Clinton joined Giustra on a 2005 trip to Kazakhstan, whose human-rights record Hillary Rodham Clinton had criticized, and within days after the pair met with Kazakhstan's president, Giustra's business lined up preliminary agreements giving it rights to buy into uranium projects controlled by a Kazakhstan state-owned enterprise. Bill Clinton has said he had nothing to do with the arrangement.

[edit on 1/1/2010 by x2Strongx]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Trusts, Foundations, Charities.

Endisnighe interpretation. Bribery and slush fund devices.

To hell with being a conflict of interest.

Is this not illegal? And if not, WHY THE HELL NOT!

Other governments and huge corps donating obscene amounts of money to a "supposed" Charity of a former President and a current Secretary of State. What the hell is the matter with us people? We are letting this dog poo continue?

I am sorry, I know how Charities operate. They are allowed a certain percentage to be used for the operation of the Charity.

What a frelling joke!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
So you are complaining about people (that happen to be rich) giving money to charity ..??

NEW LOW?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Polynomial C

I'll clear it up for you my frieind

BRIBERY

With a bow on it.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Yes I have a problem with this.

What do Saudi Arabia and Norway have in common?...

They're kingdoms with kings and queens and courts and an imbred sense of authority and these people have no idea what strife is. They only know that what they want.

I'm sure they don't fear the 100 mil armed people in Usa. It's a lot easier to control us when we are fighting among ourselves over friggin labels.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Show her the money and this is the way it is done folks and they think we little

peons are stupid. They think they are so shroud in these back room deals in the

name of charity. I need you to give millions of dollars because her name is

Charity. ^Y^

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by x2Strongx

This story is from a year ago.

Source

President Clinton And Frank Giustra Did Not Share A Plane To Kazakhstan In 2005. Mr. Giustra was already in Kazakhstan conducting his own business when President Clinton arrived.
Mr. Giustra's Contributions To The Clinton Foundation Were Not Secret. In fact, his generous support for the Clinton Foundation is well publicized and the Clinton Foundation has released all its donors.

Esquire, The New Yorker, GQ, And Others Have All Reported On The Use Of His Plane To Support Foundation Travel. Mr. Giustra's initial $31.3 million pledge was disclosed by amount on the Foundation's 990 form filed with the IRS.

I suppose you think that people should withhold their contributions because Clinton is married... This is just more political rhetoric...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

There might have been a story run a year ago... but this is a new News article.

"I am deeply grateful to the many generous contributors who made it possible for my foundation to accomplish so much in 2009, including increasing the number of people on lifesaving HIV/AIDS treatment, helping cities reduce their greenhouse gas emissions, and inspiring millions of children to lead healthier lives," Bill Clinton said in a written statement.

Advise: Read the article in the OP before posting.

[edit on 1/1/2010 by x2Strongx]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Remember that meeting in may of last year in NYC....

Gates, Blooomberg, Oprah, Rockefellar, Soros, Buffet all had a pow-wow on how to keep charities funded while the recession lasts. Bull Xi(t)

The messed up thing is they they probably did.

"We will save the charities by killing off 80% of you worthless, human cattle."

new topics

top topics

join