It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If slavery was legalized [again], would you buy a slave?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Maybe the ones that said they would buy slaves said so to make you
and then some, but then again the world is a
place and needs some serious love. Lets all on TPBT's bones and give ignorance a firm .

Note: most stars from me.

Explanation:
It is NOT the ones who are disclosing that they would buy slaves that I am having a problem with. Their transparency is MUCH WELCOMED!

Its the :clowns: who think I am advocating the legalization of slavery or that think I would be a slave owner or that this thread should not be etc. :shk:

Personal Disclosure: I hope you can show me some moves and I'm bringing Grand Master Flash and Public Enemy as DJ's so I can go all old school on them at the same time you bring Tupac etc and go all New school! I can't wait to go all Terminator robot on TPTB [The Powers Trashed Bones!]

P.S. St*rred you back Mate!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
Slavery has been legalised again in America, but they are not available for public purchase. ...Except to operations like Blackwater.

The new term for it is also the name of the poster above me.

Stop-loss.

Explanation: Oh
so FREAKING TRUE! :shk:

St*r for you!

Personal Disclosure: Stop-loss! I hope you know I'd free you so fast that It would brake the rules of relativity and the light speed barrier if it was but in my immediate power to do so! If they try that excrement here in OZ I
to ACHLYS and ERIS I will expand my backyard way beyond myself and those who find themselves unfortunately inside it and breaking MY ethics are going TO FREAKING BURN IN HELL WITH ME FOREVER when I enact my PLAN!

P.S. Anybody who wants a heads up on my plan can see it in Stop-loss!'s thread The dawn of a new decade has begun!
Don't say Hermes Avatar didn't give TPTB [yep they are watching] a FAIR WARNING!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

There are twenty-seven million humans in slavery today, which is a greater number than at any other point in the world's history.

Explanation:
Nice post and very valid! St*R for you! and

Personal Disclosure:
Thats more than the entire Australian population.
OMFG! :shk:

P.S. I gotta take a 5min posting break so I can go

That really hit me where it hurts! BEST EVER WAKE UP CALL!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

Explanation?
Personal Disclosure?

Care to explain why you do this?

Explanation: [Off Topic] Its so I can avoid single line posts and also several other helpful reasons such as trying to keep my emotions seperate but still disclosed and transparent!

Personal Disclosure: I also used to have A Massive Disclaimer at the top of all my posts but I'm not allowed to post it anymore unless its in a thread I start and then it has to go at the bottom and that still may get the thread trashed! It was designated as
Sigh!

P.S. Back on Topic. Ok what price would you be willing to pay for a slave if you were a freeman?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

You are perhaps the bravest person on ATS for threads and goals, and yes I feel like such a slave to the government when they stop-lossed me. So close to freedom yet give me low income to make it look less like slavery.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!

You are perhaps the bravest person on ATS for threads and goals, and yes I feel like such a slave to the government when they stop-lossed me. So close to freedom yet give me low income to make it look less like slavery.

Explanation: Thanks for the thread bump!

Personal Disclosure: I'm trying to make myself the biggest most visible target as I can on ATS so when they do come for [and they will] EVERYONE will finally know the jig is up and that TPTB are no longer just playing pussyfoot any more! If I stop posting and nobody hears of my plan being enacted then one can safetly assume that they have topped my Tall Poppy! This should be a red rag to the bulls who want to really survive to get their kit and kaboodle and skadaddle!

P.S.
I was inspired by "If you build it...They will come!" and "Go The DISTANCE!"
[one of my other webselves (mirc ID) was Quaid and thats enuff said about that!]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

On my christmas thread, I made myself a target just to see what the other vets would say and I got it. Although I really am sad that I am in this side of the world, I wanted to confirm if I would have any support from my battle buddies. Obviously things didnt go as planned and I got
because I showed weakness. You saw how many bad replies I got, along with good ones. There is just too much ignorance in todays society that they are slaves to their egos and tempers .They forgot that we are all human and capable of emotions. I will not be a slave to the system anymore, its time to break the chains of fate.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by Stop-loss!]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

No, I would not buy a slave, and I would boycott it, and petition to criminalize it.

That any person should own another person is quite stupid.

But guess what, this already goes on, and it's called Human Trafficking.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Human Trafficking

Human trafficking' is the practice of people being tricked, lured, coerced or otherwise removed from their home or country, and then compelled to work with no or low payment or on terms which are highly exploitative.

The practice is considered to be trade or commerce in people, which has many features of slavery, and which is illegal in most countries.

The victims of human trafficking can be used in a variety of situations, including prostitution, forced labor (including bonded labor or debt bondage) and other forms of involuntary servitude.

The sale of babies and children for adoption or other purposes is also considered to be trafficking in those children.

The Protocol to Prevent, Suppress and Punish Trafficking in Persons, especially Women and Children (also referred to as the Palermo Protocol) is a protocol to the United Nations Convention against Transnational Organized Crime and defines human trafficking as the "recruitment, transportation, transfer, harbouring or receipt of persons, by means of the threat or use of force or other forms of coercion, of abduction, of fraud, of deception, of the abuse of power or of a position of vulnerability or of the giving or receiving of payments or benefits to achieve the consent of a person having control over another person, for the purpose of exploitation."

As of September 2008, the Protocol has been signed by 117 countries, and there are 124 parties.

Human trafficking is the fastest-growing criminal industry in the world, with the total annual revenue for trafficking in persons estimated to be between USD$5 billion and $9 billion.

The Council of Europe states, "People trafficking has reached epidemic proportions over the past decade, with a global annual market of about $42.5 billion."

The United Nations estimates nearly 2.5 million people from 127 different countries are being trafficked around the world.

Trafficking victims typically are recruited using coercion, deception, fraud, the abuse of power, or outright abduction.

Human trafficking across international borders requires cooperation and collaboration between states if it is to be tackled effectively.

The OSCE (Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe), an ad hoc intergovernmental organization under the United Nations Charter, is one of the leading agencies fighting the problem of human trafficking, with an area of operation that includes North America, Europe, Russia, and Central Asia.

Man On Fire The Movie Trailer

Taken Trailer

Human Trafficking

Taliban Build Multi-Million Dollar Insurgent Operation, Complicating U.S. Efforts

That it happens is sick enough but that people can profit off of it is even sicker.

Slavery, human trafficking, or indentured servant, it is sick as Hell.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Amazing all the sidestepping that can be done to avoid answering a simple question.

And then there are the non-thinking do-gooders who would buy a slave and set them free.
Never a thought as to if and how this slave would make it on their own in the world. He/she would likely not read or write, know that there are legitimate jobs or how to find one, or even know how to find his/her way around the country, find food or shelter etc.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
reply to post by TarzanBeta

Explanation: Yes I do have the Machismo to clearly IDENTIFY when and where I am a slave and also to what and or who! More than that I can also IDENTFY why and finally how to gain my freedom!

I'm a slave to existence. Death will free me from my mortal bonds!
I'm a slave to my desires, hungers, dreams, wants and needs. Death will free me from those mortal bonds.
I'm a slave to the ATS T&C's. Death can free me from such a choosen mortal bond!
I'm a slave to my smoking addiction! It will take care of itself by killing me and Death will have freed me from such a disgusting habit!
I'm a slave to.....Do I really need to go on???

Personal Disclosure: You are correct in that we are all slaves to something ultimately but that didn't really answer whether you as a legal freeman would buy a slave and what you would be willing to pay for that slave! Care to give those questions posed by the OP a go?

I AM a slave "snip".

It's not about being slaves to "something ultimately" "snip". We are LITERAL slaves. No constitutional changes, blah,blah,blah...

If we are to be a part of society, we have to play the part that we are given. Our chains and shackles are related to our CONSCIENCE and our CONSCIOUSNESS. We can only go as far as we are aware and everyone else will allow us. WE SERVE THOSE ABOVE US.

And in turn, we TAKE CARE OF OURSELVES. This form of slavery is -much- easier than the primitive form.

Unbelievable. Everything has to be considered "metaphysical" when you can't see it as the same as its primitive form. What FOOLS.

There is a King. There is a Queen. There is a Court Jester. There is a Muse. There is a Royal Guard. There is an Archbishop. There are lords of the land. There are slaves.

Welcome to the newest kingdom of Hell. The King is Lucifer. The Queen is America. The Court Jester is Hollywood. The muse is ALL MUSIC. The Royal Guard is the entire armed forces. The Archbishop is the Pope. The lords are the congress/Senate. The rest of us are slaves. Some of us, our chains are a little longer and we have more favor, but we are the foundation.

Everyone can determine their perception of the heirarchy on their own, but the point is that this is the reality of the situation.

AN example of the way people here make me sick is the way that people here worship Phage because of his ability to think. AS IF IT SHOULD BE DIFFICULT TO KNOW HOW TO THINK?

But, no, it's not entirely their fault. People are slaves by design. People hate being wrong. Once someone is right for a while, it only makes sense to them to follow that one! Of course, once the noise has died down a little and people start questioning what they're doing, they'll walk away like drones until they see the next big thing.

Then, how do we break free of mental slavery? Well, we recognize it. WE recognize that most of our thoughts are unoriginal -- in fact, It is only common sense to me that 99.9999% of the thoughts we have and the actions we do have been picked up from our life experiences. Our ability to be original is MINISCULE unless we recognize our mental slavery.

Of course, physically there is little we can do. Politically, there is NOTHING we can do. We are LITERAL SLAVES. Don't be such fools and think even for a second that being a slave is a good thing as long as there are no shackles and name-calling! You -ARE- being starved... in ways that are much worse than having no food. You -ARE- being sold... to foreign interests while you sit around watching your cable/satellite TV. Isn't it crazy how the job of the Court Jester and the Muse has changed from musing the King to musing the slaves?

I could keep going.

I am sorry to be so harsh, but it's illegal for me to go around and punch people in the face to wake them up.

MOD EDIT: to remove derogatory terms used against a fellow member(s)

[edit on 1/3/2010 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I understood the "deeper" question you posed to us as soon as I posted my first response. The issue of slavery instantly brings up those feelings and thoughts of the trading blocks next to a port. Then I posted the altruistic response. I began to think about "A Brave New World" for some reason. Maybe my mind remotely viewed the far off (or near) future

But, good question. Especially after new years eve parties...

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
i would buy as many slaves as i need to start a government. then i'd buy a big island and plant fruits and veges. everyone can live comfortably on that island. no religion, no money, no tvs, just sharing. :-D if you don't like it, you can swim back to the continent that sold you!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Explanation: Its all coolio that members would buy a LEGAL slave and or slaves! I'm very interested in what those members would EXPLICITLY pay for said slave/s?

Why do you keep asking them how much they will pay?
Id be very careful what you say to this guys threads.

I would not buy a slave at all for any price ever for any reason instead I would invest my money in a goldfish.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
On a serious note slavery can be more widespread than you know and I am not talking of sex trade or any other illegal slave trade.

heres some defintions of slave

1. One bound in servitude as the property of a person or household.
2. One who is abjectly subservient to a specified person or influence: "I was still the slave of education and prejudice" (Edward Gibbon).
3. One who works extremely hard.
4. A machine or component controlled by another machine or component.
intr.v. slaved, slav·ing, slaves
1. To work very hard or doggedly; toil.
2. To trade in or transport slaves

Look at the 1st one. The vast majority of people in the world are in servitude of their government and are bound and property of said governments. HOw you might ask? easy answer is TAXATION. So unless you are a drop out from todays society like me you are all slaves to the system. Why do you think the wests social structure is detoriating?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The "I am a slave because of my TV, and paying for roads and garbage pickup" people make me want to punch them in the face. Repeatedly.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

That is the most gangsterous response ive ever heard here in ATS. $tar for creativity

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Explanation: If slavery was legalized where you reside, would you buy a slave? Also how much would you be willing to pay for the slave?

Personal Disclosure: I'd never buy any slave for any price! The whole idea disgusts me but I would and could sell slaves as long as I didn't have to procure them for sale!

P.S. This thread was of course inspired by Jake Blues!

[to man in restaurant]
Jake: [fakes accent] How much for the little girl? How much for the women?
Father: What?
Jake: Your women. I want to buy your women. The little girl, your daughters... sell them to me. Sell me your children.

So do any members have the machismo to admit they would buy a slave and also what kind of $ value would be willing to pay for various individuals?

Never, would buy anything that would make me genetically dependent on it especially a person WTF, weakining my genetic code via CODEPENDENT ON ANOTHER PERSON. No I would much rather fend for myself and become stronger GENETICALLY then everyone else who is keeping slaves. THUS CREATING MY OWN STRONG BLOODLINE DEPENDING ON ITSELF.

SO ENJOY THE THOUGHT OF WEAKENING YOUR BLOODLINES -LOL-

[edit on 1/5/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by EagleClaw

I would invest my money in a goldfish.

The horrors of goldfish slavery...
*hopefully not sex slavery

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
The "I am a slave because of my TV, and paying for roads and garbage pickup" people make me want to punch them in the face. Repeatedly.

I don't mind paying for the roads and garbage pickup. That sort of thing is supposed to be paid for with legally enacted excise tax. What I do mind is being turned into a slave because of:

Building Permit Tax
CDL License Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Dog License Tax
Federal Income Tax (Fed)
Federal Unemployment Tax (FU TA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Fuel Permit Tax
Gasoline Tax
Hunting License Tax
Inheritance Tax
Inventory Tax
IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax)
IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
Liquor Tax
Luxury Tax
Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax
Property Tax
Real Estate Tax
Service charge taxes
Social Security Tax
Road Usage Tax (Truckers)
Sales Taxes
Recreational Vehicle Tax
School Tax
State Income Tax
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
Telephone Federal Excise Tax
Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax
Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Tax
Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax
Telephone Recurring and Non-recurring Charges Tax
Telephone State and Local Tax
Telephone Usage Charge Tax
Utility Tax
Vehicle License Registration T ax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Watercraft Registration Tax
Well Permit Tax
Workers Compensation Tax

Not one of which existed 100 years ago when we had no national debt, were the most prosperous nation in the world and mom could stay home with the kids.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
Well yes, I would buy maybe 320 million slaves.

Of course than I would be the US Federal government.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join