It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If slavery was legalized [again], would you buy a slave?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by LAUGHING-CAT
Human slave, no thanks.
I would buy some type of android and I would want it to look as human as possible.
Thats just me, though. I'm still waiting for my flying car.

Explanation: St*r for you!

I agree on the technological slant but I have doubts about enslaving a Strong AI such as Data and Law from star trek next Gen etc.

Personal Disclosure: I think that the 21st century is so far an EPIC FAIL, as I too want my George Jetson flying car! WTH?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Explantion Best technical reply so far! You've earned a St*r but I'd serve you up a whole constellation of them if I could!

Personal Disclosure:
I don't know about Ignore lists! [I've earned a few Foe's since I started this thread!] But you have certainly made my watch list just like rusethorcain mentions a few posts below your reply to me.
They also earned a St*r for that!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Dookie Master

Explanation: Thanks for answering and also for your social mores! St*r for you!

Personal Disclosure: The issue I'm finding hard is getting people to confront the issue at all! Making society [especially western cultured society] realize that the slavery issue hasn't gone away at all and in fact is already upon us in covert ways and that this could also soon become an OVERT is like :bnghd: But I signed up for that and lucky for me I'm more than bull headed and stubborn! This wall of general silence will buckle and break well before I tire of beating this issue to death with my sapient
faced skull! And then I, along with you and others such as Stop-loss! will on the bones of the TPTB!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Explanation: Thanks for your answer and the limits to which you would go! St*r for you!

Personal Disclosure: I'd posit that "by negotiation" sorta puts the kybosh on it as slavery as the reality of slavery is where one side in the bargain doesn't get a say at all! But still you make me ask myself a valid question. Is "act as if slavery" really slavery?
I might make a thread on it unless you beat me to the whipping post!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonicon
Since Giant Multinational Corporations is Immune to Laws anything that can be Illegal for others is legal for them including slavery

[edit on 2-1-2010 by masonicon]

Explanation: Very True so St*r for you!

Now if those CEO's etc. of these Giant Multinational Corporations suddenly found themselves as slaves at your local slave market...Would you buy one or several?, and what kind of price would you pay to get these :clowns: into your possesion?

Personal Disclosure: Myself? I'd still not buy them for anything even though the temptation would be HUGE!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Explanation: I really enjoyed reading your post. Thank you very much! You earned a St*r!

Personal Disclosure: Your posts last comment made me think! I began wonder what form slavery may take in the future and what I imagined wasn't pretty!
But hey
on making me have a look!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinkerbellbunny
reply to post by OmegaLogos

For those of you waiting to hear my wisdom...

This is a very stupid thread, and I am not going to publicize my reply because of embarassment that I even noticed it. Now moving on to my opinion...
I would indeed buy myself as many redheaded male slaves as I possibly could. I would have them feed me the finest gelato imported from Italy, and deliver regular servings of Veggie Booty to my Love Chamber, on platters made of gold, wearing only zorro eye masks and body glitter.
I would further take care very good care of my slaves to make sure they kept a high market value in case I had to trade some of them away to gain important material possesions for myself, such as exclusive Hello Kitty merchandise.
I would also provide them with love of course, because I don't want them to become resentful and organize an uprising. I would however hit them if they decided to start chattering among themselves negatively about their duties, as I frown upon the ungratefullness this country is built on.
My point is, I would buy a slave, and not just one but many, to gain power by exchanging them much like currency when demand for them becomes higher than the supply. I will also pay top dollar for them, so I can make maximum profit when this shortage comes around.

Peace and Love!

Explanation:
Yep I'm totally
by that! IIIEEEEE! "Cough!" "Cough!"
Stop throwing that fairy dust in my eyes you "Cough! Hack! Splutter!"

Personal Disclosure: Oi! Tink! Second St*r on the thread and on till morning! Peter Pan is calling you! I think he needs help sparing with his shadow[government]! Oh and you could encourage those Lost boys to wash more often OK! Remember to not get Hook'ed up with any sly Captians as they'll make you their slave and turn you into a latern!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
sigh, there are already slaves, it is called 'live-in house-maids' (200p/w), i have a weekly slave, that is called a 'cleaner' (50 p/w), all the 9-5 workers are slaves too

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Maybe the ones that said they would buy slaves said so to make you
and then some, but then again the world is a
place and needs some serious love. Lets all on TPBT's bones and give ignorance a firm .

Note: most stars from me.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Slavery has been legalised again in America, but they are not available for public purchase. ...Except to operations like Blackwater.

The new term for it is also the name of the poster above me.

Stop-loss.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

There are twenty-seven million humans in slavery today, which is a greater number than at any other point in the world's history.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

Explantion: Your post was very similar to the future that Titen-Sxull
inspired me to imagine! St*r for you! and

Personal Disclosure: Nope I wouldn't call the 800 No# and yes you have made me distrust myself a little bit more and I appreciate the recalibration!
Better still you've made me distrust others a little bit more as well! I'm sure that this is a good thing!

P.S. Should we look at a gift slave in the mouth [metaphorically]? Hmmm?
I wonder what I would do if I was gifted a slave.

Edited buggy emoticon.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by OmegaLogos]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

Explanation: Yes! You're are correct and I've shown that in a post to a member above or a page or two back [I'm on a posting
atm!]
We are all slaves at some level. For the sake of this thread please assume you are a freeman OK!

Personal Disclosure: I also agree that technology should be the route taken to free ourselves collectively from the daily grind of survival! BUT I wonder about the morality, legality and safety of enslaving a strong AI. I fully believe that to do so would endanger not just ourselves and I also believe that a strong AI could fully comprehend and understand the efficiency of "doing unto others as one wants done unto themselves" and this just might lead to an altruistic strong AI android that would be a willing partner instead of a unwilling slave!

Edited to give you a St*r. Soz me a tardy
:shk: Sigh!

[edit on 3-1-2010 by OmegaLogos]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
At this day and age, I am holding out for the robot android they are going to design to clean my house.

And they need to hurry up.

Explanation: Yep! So FREAKING TRUE! St*r for you!

Personal Disclosure: Maybe GE or GM will morph into General Robotics. That would be very cool. Just think of the slogan "GR. Generally, We're GR-8 at everything! Get your Strong AI GR bot 2day! Its your plastic pal who is fun to be with!"

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amelie
If slavery would be legal again, the majority of slaves would be sex slaves. In fact sex slavery is still big today among the perverted crowd, legalizing would just give those with less money and connections to get in on it...

[edit on 2-1-2010 by Amelie]

Explanation: Point well noted! St*r for you!

Personal Disclosure: I agree that Humanities moral standing and compass would both take a massive tanking dive if slavery was to return legalized! And that would in turn allow the corruption to spread like wildfire!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

What the hell?!

You can't own a person!

FFS! I know why I put you on ignore!

Shesh Oh Pete!

Explanation: FYI [yep I know I'm on ignore
] I agree!

Personal Disclosure: Shesh Oh Pete! INDEED! :shk: See EVERYBODY this member is exactly the
you shouldn't worry about as they really have no clue and its almost impossible to give them one..mainly because they love being
It's a PASSION that TOTALLY CONSUMES them and thus blinds them to the TRUTH!

P.S. Ignoring me doesn't make slavery go away OK!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ausar
it depends; if i were unable to act in ways i would want: then yes i would buy a slave. i would spend as much as necessary to ensure i was able to act in ways i desire that are not possible by myself.

for example; if the world fell before my feet and what is real to you was but a fading dream to me; then in a fading dream i would buy a slave to act on my behalf since i would have no other means of doing such.

if slavery was as it was prior the invention of mistreatment; and a slave was a skilled worker who specialized in a certain field for generations (caste), then if i wanted something done i would have to commission slaves to do it if the skilled labor were slaves.as things are now i have no faith in the method used to procure commissioning of works great and would not need a slave for this purpose.

if for some people as is still present with dowries i would not purchase the opportunity of affection form the opposite sex.

Explanation:
Just
You make the selfish realist in me

You earned a St*r for making me hear a darker side [from my POV] of myself whispering temptation in my ears!

Personal Disclosure:
Guess what? It still ECHO's!
Hmmm?
Good meme! I'll try it [my selfish realist POV] on for size later for a little while and see if it fits me! Thanks

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Explanation: Yes! Yes! And Yes! St*r for you!

Personal Disclosure: I've "got it" and clearly so do you so

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by angelx666

sigh, there are already slaves, it is called 'live-in house-maids' (200p/w), i have a weekly slave, that is called a 'cleaner' (50 p/w), all the 9-5 workers are slaves too

Explanation: How you see them speaks volumes!
St*r for your disclosure!

Personal Disclosure: Yep! Life is cheap just as Xtrozero mention way back on page 4 [last post to that page]!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Explanation?
Personal Disclosure?

Care to explain why you do this?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join