It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you sell your family members? If yes then how much?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Explanation: I've have generally asked myself this question periodically for years now and the answer is simply YES I WOULD!

Personal Disclosure: Now that you most likely think I'm an absolute SOB for telling you that I would hock and pawn my own grandmother for filthy lucre i.e. $$$'s, I'll answer the threads 2nd question and inform you that "NOT even GOD can afford to buy her!"

P.S. This thread was of course inspired by Jake Blues!

[to man in restaurant]
Jake: [fakes accent] How much for the little girl? How much for the women?
Father: What?
Jake: Your women. I want to buy your women. The little girl, your daughters... sell them to me. Sell me your children.

So do any members have the machismo to admit they would sell their family members and also what kind of $ value would they place on various individuals?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Is this a joke?

It certainly isn't funny.

Anyone who could even think of selling their family or children don't have a soul.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nate8727
Anyone who could even think of selling their family or children don't have a soul.

Doesn't the Bible give us some instructions on selling our children into slavery? How can one be soulless if they are following the rules set in the Bible?

"When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)"

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Nate8727

Explanation: This threads topic has nothing to do with legality or ones moral compass or lack there of! It simply asks would you and if yes then how much! PLEASE stay ON TOPIC OK!

Personal Disclosure: No its not a joke otherwise I'd have placed it in that forum! Its not ment to be funny at all! It is ment to be revealing and that is ALL!
If anybody gets any jollies out of this then that is a bonus for them and has nothing to do with me or the threads original intent!

P.S. Care to answer the threads posed questions?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Nothing, but i am sure plenty of the scum on earth would.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

Not everything in the bible should be taken the way it says. If you followed the bible by every letter, there would be a lot of messed up people in the world.

The bible has been changed and rewritten several times over its history. A couple of sentences wouldn't be uncommon to favor someone's personal gain.

And I believe I answered the question with my previous post.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by Nate8727]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I have a question for you, is their not countries where if a head of a family commits a crime and is convicted, cannot the head appoint someone of their family to get the punishment?

Or has this been put to an end?

I know the answer, but would like someone else to post it.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
For Sale - 1 Mother-in-Law

Well used and runs, (her mouth), like a champ

Worn, leathery coverings

Tailpipe drags and is noisy on occasion

Will sell cheap OBO

Just kidding!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Explanation: How about you NOT try and derail the thread OK. Answer the questions posed first before asking a question that seems to desire and or require its own thread! :shk:

Personal Disclosure: I will alert the
to any further attempts to derail this thread!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I dont think I would sell anyone. If I dont want to be around them I just ignore them and dont contact them. This is how I deal with my too judgemental mother....

CX

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Funnily enough, my girls and i have just been watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, i was asked if i'd swap them (my girls) for a million Wonka bars.

I told them it was a no brainer really, as long as they didn't have nuts in...i don;t like choccy with nuts in.

Seriously though, nah i don't think i could sell a member of my family, if they are that bad that i want to sell them, i wouldn't be in contact with them anyway.

CX.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
well, i'd sell them. money is tight nowadays and i can use a buck or two.

prices may vary from member to member but the prices are reasonable. the prices would range from 200k to 600k. no refund.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

IMO, the bible is the biggest pile of BS to ever be committed to paper. So, 'what the bible teaches..' has zero relevance to the question.

My children are not property. They are beautiful, lovely, kind and intelligent human beings.

There is not an amount of wealth in all of the worlds in existence, enough to buy even their beautiful smiles.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

Explanation: St*rs.....oh the threads now in BTS.

for being the 1st to answer both questions and being straight to the point! YOU ROCK!

Personal Disclosure:
I'll learn to place my threads correctly one day. :shk:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
So do any members have the machismo to admit they would sell their family members and also what kind of $ value would they place on various individuals?

I don't think I have the stones to do so. In real life.
So that answers the first question.

I can give you a funny answer if thats what you want.

Mother: $50,000. And a bushel of clams.
Father: $50,000. Plus 2 bushels of clams.
Sister: Eh....I'll take $50. No clams.
Grandma: Hmm....wanna trade for a 1969 Camaro SS? (no clone)
Dog: $1,000,000. Period. Best dog you can buy.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I'd be too afraid I'd start something... like maybe I'd get sold. Ha! Boy would the buyer get ripped off!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Explanation: Bumped to help generate ad revenue!

Personal Disclosure: Enjoy!

top topics

join