It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All worship Krishna, yes according to the Gita.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
"Those who are devotees of other gods and who worship them with faith actually worship only Me, O son of Kunti, but they do so in a wrong way. I am the only enjoyer and master of all sacrifices. Therefore, those who do not recognize my true transcendental nature fall down." (Bhagavad Gita 9:23-24)

"Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reactions. Do not fear." (Bhagavad-Gita 18.66)

So if you worship Yahweh, Christ, Allah, or whatever you are actually worshipping Krishna according to the Gita. What are your thoughts on this?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I have copies of the gita, bible and quran,and consider krsna jehova allah to be non different. They are the absolute truth from which EVERYTHING emanates. When krsna states that worshipping other gods results in failure he is refering to the demigods, like brahma and siva for example, who are subordinate to him.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

Krishna's words are not essentially his. Its Brahman or how do you put it 'God' speaking through him. He is but a messenger. Weather you call him messenger/prophet/avatar/incarnation, they are just that. Not God. Krishna talks about an unmanifested one called Brahman, which is God. Krishna is just a representation of him. He also goes to say that his self/soul is verily that one or a part of him. So please be clear about the concept before you expound such things. I guess you are taking things literally as mentioned in the Gita, learn to look deeper so that you avoid confusion and get a clearer picture.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Vaishnavism accepts Krishna as the Supreme Lord. So you can interpret those verses as such.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by bargoose

Brahma, Siva and Vishnu make up the tripuri. Krishna is Vishnu incarnate. By demigods he means the others like Indra who are neither incarnations or avatars of the tripuri.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
In essence what you have said is this:

"Kobe bryant just wrote a book, it says no matter what team you support you actually support the LA Lakers!"

But your version is sillier because Krishna, Yahweh etc... don't actually exist.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by Incendia vox]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

The word 'Vishnu' in sanskrit means 'All pervading one' or 'all encompassing one'. The word 'Shiva' in sanskrit means 'Auspiciousness'. Verily the Lord thy god of Heaven is all these. The only one true God of the Gita as well as the upanishads is 'Brahman' (or) 'In awe of him'.
You should understand the origins of all these arise with the usage of words. Shaivanism or Vaishnavaism is something that originated in the 13 century AD, not older than that.
I am trying to help you get clarity. It is for each and every individual to seek for the truth, not blindly follow any group.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CuteAngel

I'm aware of what Hinduism teaches. It's a very open and diverse belief system. I'm just pointing out what one branch's interpretation.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by TinFoilHatMan55]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
In the Bhagavad Gita Lord Sri Krshna declares himself the highest personality of Godhead, to Arjuna his cousin. This just before the great battle of Kuruksetra beginns.
Lord Sry Krsna had defeated Deamons like Kalya cured Persons and lifted Hills being just a child. As an adult he fought alone against armys of Barbarians saved the people of Mathura by teleporting them to a safe location and he won with is Club against the Vimana of King Salva.
He had foreseen the end of his city Dwarka by a Tsunami and retired the population a week before.
If you are an Atheist I can tell you I was one also, well there is not much to tell you to understand Sri Krsna if it is to much hate against him in your heart. But if your are in some sort of mistic activity then by deduction you could Understand that his position is special and he never is only a representant of God he is God.
He can make all your wishes in your personal life become true.
If you are atheist try asking him for something, you will not loose anything by doing so.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Great Googaly Moogaly, TinFoilHatMan55!! You just can't make up your mind! First you're pushing Allah, now it's Krishna... Who's next, the Flying Spagetti Monster??? Are you also a closet Pastafarian???

What indeed is your deal here???

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

Great Googaly Moogaly, TinFoilHatMan55!! You just can't make up your mind! First you're pushing Allah, now it's Krishna... Who's next, the Flying Spagetti Monster??? Are you also a closet Pastafarian???

What indeed is your deal here???

There is so many good religions to choose from though lol.

new topics

top topics

join