It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brown calls meeting on Yemen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Brown calls meeting on Yemen

uk.reuters.com

LONDON (Reuters) - Prime Minister Gordon Brown has invited key international partners to a meeting to discuss how to counter radicalisation in Yemen last week's failed attack on a U.S.-bound plane, his office said on Friday.

Brown will host the event in London on January 28. The high-level meeting will be held in parallel with an international conference on Afghanistan the same day.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Well guys it seems war in Yemen is becoming increasingly likely. A "high-level meeting" does not sound good. Whether 12/25 was a false flag or real it now means the situation in Yemen is going to get a whole lotta more attention. Personally i reckon we will have boots on the ground there by the end of the year unfortunately.

uk.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

The high level meeting on Yemen will aim to:
* Identify counter terrorism needs faced by the government of Yemen
* Encourage and coordinate donor effort in order to build Yemen’s government capacity and provide development support to areas most at risk of radicalisation
* Bring forward commitments on capacity building, training of Yemeni forces and better coordination of international counter terrorism efforts in the region * Help Yemen with the wider challenges it faces, including promoting economic, social and political reform

Link

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

That's how most Country take overs start.

The "good guys" bring in ADVISORS to help train the police and

military.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
This is just unelected Brown wanting to play on the big stage,as his spin doctors tell him that doing this makes him more popular for the upcoming election that will wipe him and his party out

Hes a world class media whore,I dont think a war is likely-hes just playing his game for the networks and broadsheet coverage

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

Yemen becoming radicalized will compromise the success of Dubai. The western world has westernization portals. Little sites to set up and spread modern society. Dubai is one. it's too valuable to allow radicalization. If French Muslims finally did have enough of their mistreatment and armed themselves and fought, would SPain, England, and Germany just chill? nope. Same for Yemen.

Oh, btw, there's already a war in Yemen. Armed US forces are present at this very moment.

www.dw-world.de...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I cannot help notice Gordon Brown is always at the centre of major international discussion. The financial summit in London, Copenhagen, terrorism and now he is implementing a international summit on Yemen?

Someone is being trained for a high profile job if he loses the UK general election in March.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It'll likely go along the lines of...

"right chaps, Christmas was a bit of a disaster in terms of the guy we planted on that plane was found out to be known to us and a few pax saw him get onboard that plane without a passport. Any ideas for another false-flag setup fellas?"

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

it's highly unlikely he was alone. but, if you think a multi billion dollar payed government can make the martin probe go the right vector to the foot, but can't successfully attack itself, be my guest. I could think of more sound ways then what people assume about false flags.

That, and also the idea of false flags is dumb. If I'm suppose to think I'm always going to get attacked, I'm not gong to trust the government. I'm going to buy a gun, stay at home, and say "f*ck the world". BTW, that attitude crashes the economy and destroys productivity, thus destroying any chance "they" had of ruling the world. fareinheight 451 still remains true.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Here's a fairly good round-up of Yemeni events in relation to the crotch-bomber and his Dad's dealings in Yemen.

willyloman.wordpress.com...

The Houthi rebels, the ones being targeted by the Yemeni government and US forces are not, and never have been, anything to do with Al Qaida. That tag is just the usual lame old excuse used for killing people. They are simply an anti government faction that had enough of the corrupt and brutal Yemeni government. Of course, with all the recent loans to, and investment in Yemen, the big boys don't want the regime there to fall so, quite coincidentally, along comes good ol' Al Qaida to provide an excuse for war.
The convenience of it all is quite staggering really.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
Well guys it seems war in Yemen is becoming increasingly likely. A "high-level meeting" does not sound good. Whether 12/25 was a false flag or real it now means the situation in Yemen is going to get a whole lotta more attention.

For some people 12-25 was a wake up call. For many of us here including myself have been paying close attention to this developing situation for a while now.

Saudi fighter jets reportedly strike rebel targets in Yemen

posted on 6-11-2009

Reporting from Cairo - Saudi Arabian warplanes attacked Shiite rebel strongholds in northern Yemen on Thursday in a surge of fighting along the border that followed the death of a Saudi security official at the hands of insurgents, according to news reports.

Saudi fighter jets targeted as many as six rebel positions in Yemen and along the mountainous border. Saudi troops reportedly were heading toward the region to secure villages and prevent further cross-border incursions by Houthi rebel forces, which have been sporadically battling the Yemeni government since 2004.

new topics

top topics

join