It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amid criticism, Obama reaches out to blacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Has he reached out to whites also?

Text ‘I can’t pass laws that say I’m just helping black folks. I’m the president of the entire United States,’ President Obama said.

Funny somehow I think he wishes he could.

In a series of interviews this week with media outlets aimed at African-Americans, Obama said he understands pent-up frustrations about foreclosures, bank bailouts, and festering social issues, while he also challenged assertions that he has given short shrift to cities.

Aimed at blacks?I thought we all were frustrated.

“This notion somehow that, because there wasn’t a transformation overnight, that we’ve been neglectful is simply factually not accurate,’’ Obama said in an interview with the American Urban Radio Networks on Monday.

Factually not accurate?Does that mean wrong?Why can't he just say wrong?

“I can’t pass laws that say I’m just helping black folks. I’m the president of the entire United States,’’ he said. “What I can do is make sure that I am passing laws that help all people, particularly those who are most vulnerable and most in need.’’

particularly those who are most vulnerable and most in need.’’[

In his opinion Blacks.

Observers and political analysts say Obama’s courting of black media, including an interview with Oprah Winfrey recorded during the White House Christmas party and broadcast during prime time last week, is meant to repair the complex relationship between the first black president and some of his African-American critics - including members of the Congressional Black Caucus.

What about the rest of us?

the rest of the article

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Well good, maybe he can help them. God knows he hasn't really done much for the rest of us.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
You see, Obama is reaping what he sowed and it's hurting him... This is what happens when a POTUS is elected because of the color of his skin. I find it interesting that he would say this though:

“I’m optimistic about the long-term future of the African-American community, but it’s going to take work,’’ the president said in the Urban Radio Networks interview. “It was never going to be done just because we elected me.’’

But, isn't this EXACTLY what he was campaigning? Of course it was... just ask all those poor, ignorant, naive people who thought Obama was going to pay their rent and car payments... did he EVER stop to tell them "It's not going to be done just because you elect me"????? No - he let them continue to believe what he wanted them to believe.

“I would hate to see Obama get hit harder than any other president because he hasn’t been able to do more than other presidents,’’ Ellison said. “But we go to our districts, people are calling us, people are saying they can’t find work. We can’t sit by and say nothing because of who he is. So we are in the position of raising the issue without holding him to a double standard. It [isn’t] easy.’’

Like I said... you reap what you sow.

[edit on 1/1/2010 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Obama is NOT a Black President .

He doesn't define himself in a skin colour, He defines himself in a TAX Bracket.

He is helping the Corporation's , the Rich, that's how Obama defines

himself.

Unfortunitly , most Blacks aren't in that circle, so they are screwed.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Ah yes, we know that but the fact remains that many, many people in America (of all colors) did elect him because he has black skin and they thought he would help them, they thought this with his permission through his omission to set them straight on it... isn't that what the whole "Hope" thing was about???

new topics

top topics

join