It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran in Hell: Failure of the MSM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Why is the MSM not giving this the attention that it deserves?

It shocks me to see the following videos and to know that there is nothing of it on the likes of CNN and their homepage.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4bd528d67bda.png[/atsimg]

The following videos are VERY violent and may shock some viewers.

No Australian outlets are covering this either, almost in total cooperation with US outlets. Please give me a reason why the world is being hidden from knowing the truth about the chaos over there?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
From what i've heard Iran isn't allowing foreign journalists into the country. That could be a big part of it. Can't get any information if no is there to cover it.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

It was big until the government pro demonstrations.

the msm in the west where being conned.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this. This is something people need to know and its not getting out.

dscriber.com...

Iranian opposition leader Mir Hussein Mousavi's nephew, Ali, is dead. That's what's being reported by several activists in the country through sites such as Facebook and YouTube. Videos and photos from clashes in the streets of Tehran are trickling online today, including the one here posted to Facebook showing Ali's lifeless face, blood visible, his head wrapped in bandages.
Video on YouTube meanwhile show protesters stomping out a street sign with the name Ali Khamenei on it. Khamenei is Iran's leading religious figure.

Its the kind of thing we need to do everywhere, we're all in a regime, different flavors of it, some hard core and dictatorial, others soft peddled, psuedo democracy versions of the same controllers.

We need to find a way to show solidarity to all who want to be free.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Thje second video looks staged to me. I've watched it multiple times and there's something wrong with it I just can't put my finger on it. The content of the video is horrific, or should I say that the idea is horrific but there's just something about it that makes me think that it's fake and that it's a dummy that's been strategically positioned on the road.

This isn't the only video that looks staged to me either. Quite a few of these Iranian riot video's just don't sit right with me.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

So you want this to get out ?

So you can feel warm and fuzzy ?

The MSM front loads Iran , and now the US populace is Alarmed.

Where were you all when help was needed in Darfur, Sri Lanka

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Its pretty hard to stage the huge crowd in the first video, and I don't feel that way about the second one either. Theres too many people to simply stage it, its as natural as can be.

My take on the first video was compassion for the guards wearing star wars storm trooper outfits, while maintaining support for the people. But I saw the police were in a bad situation. I was wondering how much people need to go in large numbers to the police stations and send letters too, signed by thousands, expressing what they want from them and showing them how they can join with the people instead of serving the elect.

The crowds were brave, lacking weapons, if the police had been forced to really defend themselves in the video it would have been really really bad.

We need solidarity, a way of saying we support each other in toppling regimes of governments, or even just standing up to them and shouting NO! You will not get away with it.

But, there has to be a way to attempt to reach as many police and enforcement agents as possible too. They're following orders and immersed in their roles heavily, very controlled, very much in the matrix, but its not their first instinct to attack large crowds of civilians. So we need to reason with them, and in a confrontational situation, give them an escape route. They are not the regime,and they need to be able to express that they're humans and be given the options to be on the side of humanity too.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by serbsta

Yeah, once the millions of pro government demonstrators filled the streets shouting death to America, the news media didn't mess with it as much. Probably realized that something wasn't right and that it's either not say anything or make people realize that Iranians really voted for Ahmadinejad in their elections

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by serbsta

Yeah, once the millions of pro government demonstrators filled the streets shouting death to America, the news media didn't mess with it as much. Probably realized that something wasn't right and that it's either not say anything or make people realize that Iranians really voted for Ahmadinejad in their elections

Those millions have been herded from their factories and work places with a direct threat to get fired if they don't participate.

That's how it's done. And to join the opposition demonstrations, you need something between your legs...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath

Those millions have been herded from their factories and work places with a direct threat to get fired if they don't participate.

That's how it's done. And to join the opposition demonstrations, you need something between your legs...

Now I see , they HERD millions , so they can make youtubes

Did they hand them lunch money as well.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

Originally posted by DangerDeath

Now I see , they HERD millions , so they can make youtubes

Did they hand them lunch money as well.

Ever seen Kim Il Sung or Mao's or Stalin's birthday party?

Read/watch some history. They were herded. And it has been staged. They were also herded to ballots. And watched over their shoulders what number they circle.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I am currently following about 10 people on youtube from Iran, I believe all the videos are real, the only ones that are fake in that the protests are fake, and that are the pro government ones, they had to bring people by the bus load to take part in those protests, but the rebel ones are there in their thousands fighting for the freedom that is rightfully theirs.

The best thing we can do IMO is to heighten awareness and to share the videos with others as much as we can. I also think one of the reasons the MSM are keeping well out of it, is just in case it gives people of other countries the idea on how to protest in the face of violent oppression.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

For the life of me I can't see how it could have been staged in any way?

I agree, it is horrific.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
wow, thats a scary sight.

I hope things settle over there, and that the people get what they want.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I am wondering why the Police are surrounded by the mob and no gun shots are fired or gas cannisters or any other means of defence.

It would seem a bit daft to try and control an angry mob with sticks

join