It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to become holy ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
How can person become holly ? What must person do to have that aura of holiness ? every religion have holly men so what they have done to be holly ? when people argue about their religion is the right one, how it can be that the holly men are in every religion does that not make all religions true ? are not the people unholly because they argue about who is right and who wrong instead of becoming holly ?... Opinions from all religions are welcome !

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I'll just give you some bible quotes I find to be true.

Proverbs 8

5O ye simple, understand wisdom: and, ye fools, be ye of an understanding heart.

6Hear; for I will speak of excellent things; and the opening of my lips shall be right things.

7For my mouth shall speak truth; and wickedness is an abomination to my lips.

8 All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them.

9They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge.

10Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold.

11For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.

12I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions.

13The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

14 Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength.

15By me kings reign, and princes decree justice.

16By me princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges of the earth.

17I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.

18Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness.

19My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver.

20I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment:

21That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures.

Find the father early, and he rewards you with wisdom and understanding.

Proverbs 9

1Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars:

2She hath killed her beasts; she hath mingled her wine; she hath also furnished her table.

3She hath sent forth her maidens: she crieth upon the highest places of the city,

4Whoso is simple, let him turn in hither: as for him that wanteth understanding, she saith to him,

5Come, eat of my bread, and drink of the wine which I have mingled.

6 Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

7He that reproveth a scorner getteth to himself shame: and he that rebuketh a wicked man getteth himself a blot.

8Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.

9Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.

10The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Knowledge of the holy is understanding. Why is understanding so important?

Psalm 111

10The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

need to find the father first.

So, first you must become like a child. Which means to become agnostic and open minded. A child does not know the answers, does not pretend to know the answers, thus the child seeks with an open mind. You must give up your beliefs - which will get in the way of understanding and just be honest and say "I do not know".

Honesty with yourself is key.

From that point, you will need to seek. But do not seek from men, but seek within yourself. If your questions are answered, they will come in the form of understanding.

Where should your questions start? I would say by seeking the truth, the way and life. Ask yourself how men must act towards one another for true freedom and peace. As you do that, you should see the commandments and the reason for them. Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not lie etc. Then you need to be that change you see. After all, how can you expect to live in a society without theft if you are yourself a thief? Your presence makes it impossible. So, what you see you will need to do yourself, be that change.

Put your trust into the father within, rather than into other men. Myself included. Understanding is not something you can accept from a person, it's something you must gain on your own. People can point you in the direction, as Jesus does, but it's up to you to actually gain it etc. Knock and doors will be opened, but you have to walk through them.

join