It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is the goal and purpose of the universe love?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Its just new age garbage.

Do you people never learn from what india is, and wishful thinking.

Thanks andy, best post in this whole thread.

The Universe just exists, it doesn't run on love.
That's a human emotion, not a state of matter.

Step back from the new age crap, thank you.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Hung Lo

hate is the opposite of some forms of human love
(then we could also argue that fear is the opposite - and hate an expression of fear)

absolute universal love is not a human emotion (but we can connect to it) and doesn't have opposite: it is the very result of that yinyang idea you understood very well

it's everywhere and very real. it's not the creator, just the Truth

[edit on 1-1-2010 by ::.mika.::]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
The Ultimate Objective of The Universe is contentment and satisfaction.

Yes!
But what explicitly is being contented and satisfied?

Well, the Universe, of course. It is, after all, a sentient organism — the fact that we exist is testament to that. If we are sentient and we are but products of the Universe, then we can reasonably assume that the Universe is at least as sentient as we are, and is at least capable of experiencing contentment and satisfaction.

I happen to think that contentment and satisfaction are human expressions of neutrality — the Universe is divided into extreme dualities (hot/cold, light/dark, matter/antimatter, et cetera, et cetera); but it is constantly striving for neutrality, which may eventually be achieved, trillions of years in the future.

— Doc Velocity

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hung Lo

thanks.

yeah, i know about the chinese yin and yang and balance.

but i think its interesting that order and beauty and geometry is expressed and linked with emotions of love and compassion;

and chaos manifests with negative emotions. to me this seems to show the superiority of the forces of good, and maybe even a purpose to the universe, i hope, anyway..

and whats really interesting, based on that quantum communication videos, is that scientists - the last people on earth to get all mushy and talk about love, seem to be reaching this conclusion. i dont even need to talk about 'new agers'. i will say i was surprised to hear quantum physicists talking about this sort of stuff.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by rapunzel222]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

is the goal and purpose of the universe love?

That and to make it Paradise to live in it not hell (as it seems to be heading that way)

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

That is rubbish. Love is a human creation, another word for attachment, passion, flesh. I cant understand how you all think so badly love, that only human kind can feel (and that is different for almost every single human), would be a superior feeling that would exist everywhere in the universe and more, would be the reason of life. Thats #ed up. Believing such bull# show only you cant think of what you really are, weak biological beings lost in the infinite.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I believe it is. And that is so cool :-)

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Theres no such thing as real good or bad. Otherwise i would have say everything is god, god is love/light, seperation is an illusion.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Sure it's Love! The only good thing we can do - the best emotion!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4stral4pprentice

Theres no such thing as real good or bad. Otherwise i would have say everything is god, god is love/light, seperation is an illusion.

If don't need illusion, just believe in Love without god, it's absolute okey for him!

[edit on 3-1-2010 by cushycrux]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by _damon

well no actually, science itself shows that the emotion of love is recognised by water, by plants, and so its probably also recognised by all animal life as well... by everything in fact.

just science. shoot not the messenger..

another piece of the great puzzle.

as for your comment that love is 'human' emotion.
is it really? what about the love a mother polar bear feels for her cub. she starves all winter for it. what about the playful and loving gestures a mother lion makes towards her cubs? is that not love? how is it different to human love? why is human emotion superior to animal emotion, if they are demonstrated in the same ways?

and where does this 'emotion' come from, that humans and animals possess. it must come from somewhere. humans did not create themselves. the universe created them. so it stands to reason that love must come from and exist in the universe, or else how can we experience it. everything comes from somewhere doesnt it?

[edit on 4-1-2010 by rapunzel222]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222
ive heard that people who use the drug ayacahusa also reach this conclusion and after taking it change their ideas of death.

Those who take the drug culturally, or rather because it is part of their tribal development, go through a death experience and are reborn to their new role within the group. Westerners who take the brew may experience something similar, but because they do not experience the cultural or ethnic bond it will have a different resonance for them, and from my reading, though thematically similar, the experience is far more individual and therefore more freely interpreted.

Originally posted by rapunzel222
maybe drugs and certain types of plants are to open portals for us into other dimensions and teach us that death is not the end?

Leaving aside the '___' admixtures which should be seen as very culturally specific in terms of the gnosis/experience that they offer, I believe quite firmly that we have the capability to understand much of our existence via plant gnosis, they have, many of them, been here far longer than we have.

There are many plants and fungi that offer gnosis, not all of it via psychotropic methods. To a plant though, especially the perrenials and fungi, there is no end to life, life is a continuous cycle of existence, death in winter, resurrection in spring. They can tell us stories and we can definately ask questions of them, but that is not to say that we will not look for deeper meanings than those simply offered, or that they will correctly understand our questions.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join