It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is the goal and purpose of the universe love?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I was watching the documentary quantum consciousness on ats, and it appears that there is order and beauty when emotions like love and altruism/compassion etc are demonstrated by humans. The same thing is observed with the geometric shapes taken on by water in a documentary i saw (also on ats).

When negative emotions and thoughts are expressed, chaos and disorder occurs- mathematically and geometrically.

Does this mean that the universe is moving everything and everyone towards an end goal of love and altruism? Is this mathematical order and beauty which occurs when love is expressed, proof of the purpose of the universe?

And proof that the true force is the force of love and good?

And that all souls over time will reach this goal of goodness and love?

In other words, is there hope?

Any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Here's a happy thought for New Year... Maybe we are just random. We like to think there is mystery and meaning but maybe there isn't. Maybe we just ARE. Here today, gone tomorrow

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
i used to fear that was the case.

then i had this extremely vivid dream. and i just KNEW that THIS reality was the dream and that the dream reality i was in was real.

since then i dont believe that there is nothing more than this reality.

i do believe we travel between different realities, maybe not in this form, but in another form. i dont believe this is the end.

although i used to think that.

ive heard that people who use the drug ayacahusa also reach this conclusion and after taking it change their ideas of death.

maybe drugs and certain types of plants are to open portals for us into other dimensions and teach us that death is not the end?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
The Ultimate Objective of The Universe is contentment and satisfaction.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
The purpose of the universe, and life itself, I believe is to experience. To have experiences, both good and bad; to learn from these experiences, and to grow spiritually from what we've learned. Kind of like what Carl Sagan used to say, we are a way for the universe to know itself.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Love is all that is needed

When in our natural state of "being" ...some people call this being .....in a state of love

Love is used as a descriptive word ...for.... divinely being

When a person is in this state of being ...then it is easier for the universal flow to move through them

The flow is used to help others receive that which is needed

When love is not present in a person ...this person stops the flow

And in many cases it is the non-loving selfish behavior
that takes more then is needed for themselves
and so others needs are no longer met

The universal laws are there to meet everyone's need
And the way everyone's need is met is when unconditional love
Sees all others as itself

And so does not hesitate to share

Yes love is very important

Because all that is needed is love

Love makes the world go around

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Its just new age garbage.

Do you people never learn from what india is, and wishful thinking.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
The Ultimate Objective of The Universe is contentment and satisfaction.

— Doc Velocity

Yes!
But what explicitly is being contented and satisfied?

Personal Disclosure:
I'm neither and yet I am existentially a part of the universe. I also refuse to EVER attain either of those states and therefor the Ultimate Objective will NEVER be universally fullfilled!

Diddums for those hoping for closure on this issue!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

yes it is !

absolutely doubtlessly, this is the Truth.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ::.mika.::

course it is

actually if you ask me, george lucas got it right.

i reckon there is a 'force', like the force talked of by qi gong masters i.e. the chi energy field maybe. and that this 'creative force' is love.

maybe we're put here to understand love?

its just a guess.

but yeah, if i have a religion it would be similar to the jedi religion

actually there are qi gong masters who can do jedi type stuff; like generate electricity from their body (a la - the emperor in star wars), and set paper on fire or boil water with their chi energy, and also heal using chi energy.

maybe even levitate objects (a la master yoda)?

i am still trying but it isnt easy

[edit on 1-1-2010 by rapunzel222]

[edit on 1-1-2010 by rapunzel222]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

unless maybe any souls born in india or in say africa in horrendous circumstances, are the most advanced souls on earth and maybe willingly accepted the sacrifice to teach others about kindness?

i have read a book about such 'soul contracts' somewhere. that each soul choses their life burdens for a purpose, and is meant to interract with those it meets - to teach or learn from them? nice idea.

well from personal experience, i know of one soul who i have always thought is exceptional and brave, that was born into a body that would have been severely deformed if not for modern medicine, but still is partially. and this person is extremely kind and sensitive. i recognize greatness in her.

maybe there are many others like her.

i really think the people who we should venerate and respect on this earth are like the bible says 'the meek' i.e. the downtrodden and poor and suffering. becuz maybe these ARE the greatest souls on this planet and here to teach others, if this stuff is true?

if there is a point to suffering, maybe that's it.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

not to "understand" love
it is not intellectual process is it ?

but to be and create it

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
love, forgiveness, and understanding-that is all that is ever needed. we are going to realize this eventually, billion of years from now. so yes, the purpose of this universe is love or something like it.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ::.mika.::

well a lot of people struggle with all the suffering on this planet, in understanding why that happens. also in understanding why people do the things they sometimes do.

perhaps thats what i mean by understanding/belief in love.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222
reply to post by andy1033

i have read a book about such 'soul contracts' somewhere. that each soul choses their life burdens

this is fascinating theory. i've also met many people that went down to that conclusion;

the amazing thing is that this very idea save them from awful path as a victim of society, whether it was from heroin addiction, a terrible past of suffering (violence, rape from within the family), or both and turned into the most amazingly balanced and positive individuals i could met in my life.

corollary : then we chose our family, not our friends, friends being fellow soul family member that endup in the same space/time

[edit on 1-1-2010 by ::.mika.::]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

The purpose of the universe? For the universe to have a purpose it has to have a conscience. Or do you mean a purpose for the creation of the universe? Or, in other words, the meaning of OUR existence? The menaing of existance itself?

A theology teacher said one day at a class at University that we may never find the meaning of life, but that shouldnt stop us to give a meaning to our own lives.

He gave the example of two people, A and B. In a flood, both lost everything they had. Person A is very materialistic and loses all its stuff. s The world of that person is shattered. Person A loses all hope, because being materialistic and losing all the stuff it had, it has nothing left to hold on to. Person B not only loses everything but also loses her children. Person B is religious, thus, after losing all her stuff plus her children, she still has hope and strength to move on because she does have something to hold on to. God, or if you prefer, her belief in God. She holds tight into that, prays to God to give her strengh to keep going and move on.

Neither Person A or B new the meaning of life, but the meaning they gave to their lives were quite different. Person B believed in something greater while Person A only believed in what it could see and touch.

Anyway, take that as you want. It's just one little exercise used in class to try to illustrate what he was talking about.

To claim to know the purpose of the creation of the universe is to imply there is a God and that would mean you want to know God's reason, which nobody here can anser and you won't get that answer from expeculations based on Quantum physics.

Concluding, I don't think we know the meaning of our existence, the pursose of the universe, or however you wanna call it. But that won't stop us to give a meaning to our own lives. And love is a good thing to be part of that meaning. Can't go wrong with love, can we?

[edit on 1-1-2010 by henriquefd]

[edit on 1-1-2010 by henriquefd]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

In my life I have taken many trips involving drugs.. During these said trips I was able to remove my self from my brians built up filters. I have seen earth in it's most beautiful form. The existence of plant alone can really blow your mind. There is not doudt in my mind that you do have a spirit, there is evil, and the world is amazingly beautiful. There is a meaning, and every one effects it.

This does come from some one who was thinking "great, another Fing year" a few hours ago.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by mosesgunner]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by henriquefd

The purpose of the universe? For the universe to have a purpose it has to have a conscience. Or do you mean a purpose for the creation of the universe? Or, in other words, the meaning of OUR existence? The menaing of existance itself?

A theology teacher said one day at a class at University that we may never find the meaning of life, but that shouldnt stop us to give a meaning to our own lives.

He gave the example of two people, A and B. In a flood, both lost everything they had. Person A is very materialistic and loses all its stuff. s The world of that person is shattered. Person A loses all hope, because being materialistic and losing all the stuff it had, it has nothing left to hold on to. Person B not only loses everything but also loses her children. Person B is religious, thus, after losing all her stuff plus her children, she still has hope and strength to move on because she does have something to hold on to. God, or if you prefer, her belief in God. She holds tight into that, prays to God to give her strengh to keep going and move on.

Neither Person A or B new the meaning of life, but the meaning they gave to their lives were quite different. Person B believed in something greater while Person A only believed in what it could see and touch.

Anyway, take that as you want. It's just one little exercise used in class to try to illustrate what he was talking about.

To claim to know the purpose of the creation of the universe is to imply there is a God and that would mean you want to know God's reason, which nobody here can anser and you won't get that answer from expeculations based on Quantum physics.

Concluding, I don't think we know the meaning of our existence, the pursose of the universe, or however you wanna call it. But that won't stop us to give a meaning to our own lives. And love is a good thing to be part of that meaning. Can't go wrong with love, can we?

yes,
but
the universe is Love.

edit : when me write universe, it is as a whole, the 3 physical dimension, time + the unperceived (not quite yet entirely scientificly proven but this is coming - the web is full of those researches) dimensions.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by ::.mika.::]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
love, forgiveness, and understanding-that is all that is ever needed. we are going to realize this eventually, billion of years from now. so yes, the purpose of this universe is love or something like it.

I don't think you will have to wait that long my friend....

We are nearing the end of the cycle...graduation day is almost here...some say the harvest..

Our lessons here on the earth university are complete...we have been given the free will in this polarity for thousands of years to choose and experience for ourselves what is right for us...

Those who have chosen service to self are now beginning to realize the errors of their ways and are starting to crumble with the energies coming in from galactic center that is activating our 'junk DNA' which is lifting us to a higher vibrational frequency...

Those of us who are STO (service to others) oriented are having a much easier time adjusting to the new frequencies...

Wars, hatred and deception have served its purpose well for our spiritual growth....don't hate the 'elite,' they have done their job very well....but now they are no longer needed...

We are all starting to come to the realization that we are all connected....we are all one...we are one big 'soul group' fragmented into 7 billion earth bodies....what we do to our brothers and sisters in a foreign land, we do to ourselves......it's quite clear.

Yes rapunzel, this does mean that the universe is moving everything and everyone towards an end goal of love and altruism...

It's time to let go of fear and negativity....it's time to remember who we truly are...

PEACE and LOVE...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I believe the universe is all about balance. For example, "Love" cannot exist with "hate".

This concept extends to everything if you really think about it, Ying and Yang, Positive and Negative, liberal and conservative. One cannot exist without the other. This is the way things are weather we "like it or dislike it".

Great post by the way! S&F

<<   2 >>

join